Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Other Disney Parks Discuss shark fin soup in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; to me, dog and eel, taste exactly like chicken :P...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    to me, dog and eel, taste exactly like chicken :P
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Then I guess I will just eat chicken, if that's what everything else tastes like!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Go for it, I'll keep myself from telling you how chicken kidneys taste :p

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Don't shoot me BUT.. I had to try this well talked about shark fin.. It was a filling for steamed dumplings.... umm.. it was GROSS!!! tasted like shark jello if you ask me!!! Yeah that was a once in a lifetime experience..

Zack Culvert is offline A-Ticket holder
    Can't tell you about what dog meat tastes like. But I do know that in China they raise St. Bernards for meat, to the chagrine of the Swiss. And they also raise Alsatians for fur. I suppose it's no different than any other livestock.

Snakes tastes like chicken, too. But then, there are different tastes in chicken, depending on the species, its feed, age, etc. So saying it tastes like chicken is just a cop-out, or really making an advertisement for the chicken people, like Tyson.

or it....actually.....does taste like a regular chicken.....available at your local grocer's freezer :P

latest from Hong Kong Disney:

total chaos as food service staff culd not handle 30,000 visitors. One hour wait at McDonalds. Government told them to limit visitors to 20,000 a day. Just imagine if they served shark fin soup and dogs. That would double the attendance to 60,000.

latest from my opinion:

give them a break, seriously, how many theme parks are there in Hong Kong? Can you possibly expect them to be experts at a job they never had before? To get well, you need time, and experience. Did you watch ****'s Kitchen (it's a weak comparison I know)? In the beginning 16 chefs couldn't feed a whole restraunt, near the end, 4 chefs fed the entire restraunt themselves.

one more thing. Ok, I get that your for animal rights and things of that nature, I don't have a problem with this, however, why do you feel the need to keep bringing up what they eat in other parts of the world? how would you feel if some people from India were here and they kept convicting us? (if I remember correctly, you are a vegetarian, so the point to you may be moot, but the idea is clear)

in essence, I get why your for the rights you advocate, I just don't see why you keep bringing it up, since I don't think many people here are going to Hong Kong anytime soon (myself excluded). So I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish.

again, I'm sorry if I sound rude, I just don't totally understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Ok, I don't really think I would ever eat Shark cause it is not something I'm interested, and I see some people's points but....
    Why is it ok to eat some animals but not others? I think if you are going to be mad they are eating shark, then you should be mad we eat cows, chickens, lambs, pigs, etc. I just don't see the difference and why one animal is off limits but others are just fine to eat.
    Is this shark endangered? If not, then I don't see the problem.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

the point that was made regarding that was that some companies cut off the shark's fin, then throw the rest away.

Several points to Shere Kahn:

The Heat mentioned that they just throw the rest of the shark away, and let them die as they sink back into the sea. "Cruelty" is a subjective judgment, but the waste can be objectively agreed.
    Second, many species are endangered, including the basking and whale sharks, whose large fins are prominently displayed in some of more famous restaurants in HK.

Third point about Disneyland in Hong Kong is that it was built entirely on landfill, and the dredging has caused imreparable harm to the local marine environment, choking the fish with silt, and further endangered the Chinese Pink dolphin living nearby.

That's the fish story.

PigletIsMyCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ergh, first off I love animals. And I eat meat. Second, don't believe anything that PETA says. They are a bunch of radicals who are practically undoing all the good work that animal welfare agencies have accomplished by their extreme and often illegal means. Third, chickens, cows, and fish are raised in this country for the sole purpose of being eaten. In Hong Kong, they go into the wild and take the fins off wild sharks, then leave them to die. And it's not just one or two sharks. That is the problem. Not only is it wasteful, it is cruel, and it is also endangering species. And if certain species become limited or extinct, it has a huge effect on the whole ecosystem.

It is not about eating different things in different parts of the world. It is about basic animal rights and welfare, especially with an animal as majestic and beautiful as a shark.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    It's not worth it.. Shark is gross!!!

I liked it ^^

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast