Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Other Disney Parks Discuss Touring plan for DLPR? in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; Any suggestions for touring Disneyland and the Studios? I'm familiar with Disneyland (CA) and WDW, but this will be my first trip to DLPR. I'll only have 2 days in ...
    klam_chowder is offline A-Ticket holder

Touring plan for DLPR?

Any suggestions for touring Disneyland and the Studios?

I'm familiar with Disneyland (CA) and WDW, but this will be my first trip to DLPR. I'll only have 2 days in the parks for this unexpected trip. Will be there on a Saturday and a Sunday in mid-August. Any suggestions on which day may be less busy in which park. I know it's a busy time of year.

Any recommendations on where to buy park tix? Of course, I will only use authorised sellers, but wondering if it's better to buy them in advance?

Hoping to do the Village on departure day, before we catch our train. Any idea what time the stores there open? Are they open still when the parks close?

Appreciate any input/suggestions!

cheers,

Ifight4theusers is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Touring plan for DLPR?

Quote Originally Posted by klam_chowder View Post
    Any suggestions for touring Disneyland and the Studios?

I'm familiar with Disneyland (CA) and WDW, but this will be my first trip to DLPR. I'll only have 2 days in the parks for this unexpected trip. Will be there on a Saturday and a Sunday in mid-August. Any suggestions on which day may be less busy in which park. I know it's a busy time of year.

Any recommendations on where to buy park tix? Of course, I will only use authorised sellers, but wondering if it's better to buy them in advance?

Hoping to do the Village on departure day, before we catch our train. Any idea what time the stores there open? Are they open still when the parks close?

Appreciate any input/suggestions!

cheers,
    Karen, we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and taking three+ days to tour both the MK and the Studios. I saw a comprehensive thread on this on a different forum. We are taking about 2 days at MK and 1 at Studios. Our schedule is flexible enough to add a 4th day if we want.

In case you do not know, August is France's big vacation month. The whole country seems to shut down.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Touring plan for DLPR?

I've been to DLP once and honestly, the only research I did was when trying to decide which hotel to book. The map is deceiving and the hotels are a lot closer to each other than they appear. I was going to book the Disneyland Hotel, but after checking it out after I arrived, I was happy I didn't waste the extra money. It's nice, but it wasn't as "Disney" as I expected. Plus, it was great to have to walk through the Marketplace each day to and from the parks.

As for a 'touring plan', I didn't bother with one of those, either. Even during my trip on the Eurostar, I didn't research anything or read up on the parks. Wanted to take it all in and be surprised. I didn't need three full days there, and as it turns out, my last "full" day was a waste, since there was only one Eurostar leaving Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy for the day, and it was at 10:30.

My best advice is to avoid temptation and see the Studios first. Due to bad weather, I went there first and was TERRIBLY disappointed. Almost to the point where I was annoyed with myself fo having even booked the trip. The Magic Kingdom was a lot better, so going there first and then the Studios will let you down. Do it in reverse and you'll end on a high note.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.