Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Other Disney Parks Discuss Disney Bails out DL Paris... again in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; Originally Posted by Pipper I've heard that the Main Street Electrical Parade was moved to Disneyland Paris. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If so is it identical ...
    Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipper
    I've heard that the Main Street Electrical Parade was moved to Disneyland Paris. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If so is it identical to it's Disneyworld format or has it been changed at all? Does anyone know? I'm going to Disneyland Paris in November and would be overjoyed to see the parade as it was again.

Pipper
    Hi!

The Main Street Electrical Parade came and ran every summer night for several years at Disneyland Paris... and has now moved to Disneyland Tokyo!

And from Tokyo Disneyland came the Fantillution Parade!

The MSEP score was the same as Disneyland's (I have not heard the intro from WDW so I don't know if it's similar or not...), but the intro was in French...
    The Fantillusion Parade is absolutely awesome!

But I really miss the good old MSEP...
    Last edited by Jonas_Swe; 08-22-2004 at 09:04 AM.
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    BTW: I have some shots of the Electrical Parade in DCA if anyone is interested.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Please post them in the gallerys! I would love to see the parade again.

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Please post them in the gallerys! I would love to see the parade again.
    Will do. I just need to scale down the images to 1024x768, and find out where AKQJ10 wants me to post them. (I'm assuming under "Lost Attractions", even though the parade still runs in DCA.)

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    I've heard that the Main Street Electrical Parade was moved to Disneyland Paris. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If so is it identical to it's Disneyworld format or has it been changed at all? Does anyone know? I'm going to Disneyland Paris in November and would be overjoyed to see the parade as it was again.

Pipper

The WDW version of the MSEP went over to Euro Disney for that parks opening. Thus SpectroMagiic was given birth. About 1999, the Disneyland version of MSEP came east to WDW. Disneyland had a new nighttime parade that failed miserably.

At the end of the reign of MSEP, it moved to Times Sqaure for a "final farewell" run down Broadway and then the light bulbs were sold off. Then in early 2001 I believe, Eisner in his wisdom decided to bring back the parade, but put it in the sparsely attended DCA park. This ticked off a lot of people who bought the lights form the "last and never to be shown again" MSEP.

When it moved the Main Street was dropped and "Disney" was added.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Okay, I resized/cropped my Electrical Parade photos... Looks like I'll have 29 available for posting once AKQJ10 gives the go-ahead.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    JC... You don't need any approval from me.... post away!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Well, I have all but six of my Electrical Parade pictures posted to the Lost Attractions gallery. (Technical issues are preventing me from posting the rest of them for now.)

Thanks for filling in the blanks Brian!

Jacknife - Great pictures!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jonas_Swe

Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    So nice to see those again. Thanks JK for posting!

Pipper is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Mandabella,
    I'm going to Disneyland Paris in November (first time) and Jonas has been a tremendous help in answering some of my questions as well. He has been there many times and has a lot of good info. He'll take good care of you. Thanks Jonas - hope to see you in Disney some time!

Pipper

Okay, I've posted all but one of the Electrical Parade pictures to the Lost Attractions gallery. For some reason one of my pictures was causing errors with the board, so I'm not going to post it. (was just another bee picture anyway)

I also wanted to take a moment to thank AKQJ10 for all of his patience in helping me find out what was causing the issue.

NeedMagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yeah, that good old Main Street Electrical Parade... About a month ago a dvd was released in DLRP with as extra a great docu about MSEP and Fantillusion. It's a must have for MSEP-fans! If I'm right it's a non-region DVD, so you can play it on every DVD-player.
    BTW: I loved MSEP, but I prefer Fantillusion. It has a story in it and is more enchanting in my opinion.

NeedMagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh, by the way: Earlier this month I visited WDW for two weeks. I liked it, but honestly I prefer "my" Disneyland Resort Paris.
    DLRP is more charming and "real". CM's at WDW are very friendly, but after two weeks it was a bit too much for me. I prefer the "down to earth" DLP CM's. I also didn't feel that much magic in the parks. I think it was all a bit too big and overwhelming.

Smile

Mandabella,
    I'm going to Disneyland Paris in November (first time) and Jonas has been a tremendous help in answering some of my questions as well. He has been there many times and has a lot of good info. He'll take good care of you. Thanks Jonas - hope to see you in Disney some time!

Pipper
    Thanks Pipper!
    The pleasure is all on me, I love trip planning!

And it makes it even more fun if I can be to assistance to a fellow Disney Fan who wants to come and share the Magic at Disneyland Resort Paris - The Happiest Place in Europe!
    Jonas_Swe

Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12