Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland Hong Kong RIOTS!!!! in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; Place: Hong Kong Time: Thursday, February 1, 2006 Holiday: Lunar New Year Problem:..... So DLHK has had some trouble kicking off and they have had good business with many protesters ...
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

Disneyland Hong Kong RIOTS!!!!

Place: Hong Kong
    Time: Thursday, February 1, 2006
    Holiday: Lunar New Year
    Problem:.....

So DLHK has had some trouble kicking off and they have had good business with many protesters about everythinig and then BOOM a Chinesse Holiday!!! According to many sources the park was sold out on Thursday and there were a couple hundered guest waiting outside the park...ticketless. Well needless to say the problem starts. These guest started to become disgruntle about not gaining access to the park and then stormed the gate and started climbing the walls...sorry fence...and starting to scream and riot!!! Anyway DLHK eventually gave everyone access, sell all guest tickets, and DLHK is now under the scrutney of breech of contract with the Hong Kong Government. Unbelieveable!!! I believe this also occured on Wednesday, too

All I know is that here at WDW the parks are surrounded by electric fence which is on 24/7 and can give a big enough jolt to knock you off your feet!! I guess they don't have that there.

Anyway here are the links to the news articles
    http://amusementbusiness.com/amuseme...01956650&imw=Y

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...ness-headlines

http://www.newkerala.com/news2.php?a...ullnews&id=434

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...836406341.html
    GOOD SITE WITH PICS

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060203/3/2f6zt.html
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I never heard of anyone acting like that if they can't get into a park.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    OMG!!!!

and Wow!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    That must have been so scary for the security people. Obviously the people demanding to get in the park don't get the concept of "too many people is dangerous and doesn't make for an enjoyable day."
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Maybe they're just upset that no one's tall enough to go on any of the really good rides....?

(Apologies in advance--couldn't resist.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Try to resist next time. This is not the place for stereotypes. At least they can all fit on the rides offered. The reality is that Americans have more health problems, the first and foremost being obesity, than anyone else on the planet. Make fun of others if, and only if, the stones you throw don't break the panes in your own glass house.
    Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Think about the even bigger disappointments when they got in and found out all the shark fins are still attached to sharks!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Heh, sort of had a feelin' that one was gonna rub someone the wrong way enough for them to call me out, although as long as we're being nitpicky, I'd like to argue that this isn't isn't exactly stereotyping. Although admittedly quite an exaggeration for the sake of a lame joke, Occidentals more often than not are much taller and larger than the vast majority of eastern Asian folks. Case in point, when I was in the market for a wooden mook jong martial arts dummy, the only real options available were to order/buy imported--in other words, setups designed for Chinese fighters, so it was a little more than a foot too short for my purposes with shorter arms (thanks to a more in-the-know person, I scored the plans for building my own, so I could measure it off to the specs of a corn-fed yankee). Also sort of along these lines, people of European descent biologically process milk and dairy better than Asians, whereas their systems process rice much better than Occidentals ever can. This is not racism, this is evolution.

And actually, while my fellow countrymen aren't doing our reputation any favors, there are places in the world that per capita, are making us look like a collective bunch of fitness gurus. Hungarians, for example, opting for the "good life," are destroying themselves with heart disease and other health issues. Fair warning, I used to be in the business of getting and keeping military servicemembers in shape, so this is one of a handful of sensitive topics that I'm very passionate about, so we could go back and forth for quite a while if you're game.

Now, here comes the part where I have to decide to click 'submit' or not, same deal as that last one. Ah, what the heck. If I'm outta line, I guess it can be zapped. That reply just seemed a bit too condescending and presumptuous for me to just let go.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

db905 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile david brazier

disneyland Hong Kong job
    hi mickey,s
    mr david brazier
    4vernon road gosport
    po12 3nt

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow, wouldn't want to be anywhere near that situation.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Glad WDW doesn't have riots like that...It would have been both cool and scary to watch a crowd of people "storming the castle..."
    Last edited by Toad's Buddy; 11-29-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa View Post
    Think about the even bigger disappointments when they got in and found out all the shark fins are still attached to sharks!

I know this post is over 2 years old but it is Hilarious!

streamlines is offline Fastpass Holder
    having just got back from Hong Kong, I can see why this would have happened as althought the park was almost empty the locals did not seem to get queuing and especially at the Festival of the lion king, it was a mob scene trying to enter, but when you got inside it wasn't even half full by the start of the show. Also at Philharmagic, there was a lot of sitting in the middle of a line, resulting in 20 or so people having to go the long way round.
    Hayden

Done the Goofy and Survived

1st WDW Visit - Sept 05
    1st Disneyland Paris Trip - Nov 05
    1st WDW On-Site stay - Jan 08 (Polynesian)
    1st WDW Alone - Jun 08 (Work Trip, Hilton)
    1st Disneyland Hong Kong Trip - Dec 08
    1st Disneyland Trip - May 09
    1st Fan meet, Disneyland Paris - Dec 09
    40th Birthday Trip WDW - Jun 10 (Postponned)
    Christmas Trip WDW - Dec 10
    D23 Expo - Aug 11