Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Other Disney Parks Discuss šoš Vacation Planning Tips - Disneyland Paris Resort šoš in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; Hi! I thought that I'd start a topic about trip planning for a visit to Disneyland Resort Paris Please feel free to come and ask all sorts of Disneyland Paris ...
    Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking šoš Vacation Planning Tips - Disneyland Paris Resort šoš

Hi!

I thought that I'd start a topic about trip planning for a visit to Disneyland Resort Paris

Please feel free to come and ask all sorts of Disneyland Paris Related questions here.

There's a lot of Trivia and Fun Facts about The Happies Place in Europe as well!

Hope to see you around on this topic!
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Pipper is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the reply Jonas,
    Since you have never been to Disney World it will be hard for you to make a comparison between Disney World and Disney Land Paris but hopefully you can provide some good information on Disneyland Paris. I will tell you that you will be amazed at how big Disney World is. You will do alot of walking so make sure you have good walking shoes. I guess my basic questions regarding DisneyLand Paris revolve around how crowded is the Park and how many days should I plan on spending in the Parks. I am leaning towards 2 days in the Parks and am thinking about staying at one of the Disney hotels. Hopefully you have some thoughts on these issues. Thanks again.

Pipper

Cool

Hi!

Yeah, from what I have read about WDW soo far I am amazed about the size of the resort.

I'll come back to the WDW Trip Planning forum to ask all sort of questions about WDW.

Now to DLP Trip Planning!

Eventhough DLP is a lot smaller than WDW... you still need to plan for more than one or two days, to get the most out of the two parks, your resort and the rest of Marné la Vallé!

I'd say that you will need at leat 3 days at DLP to experience both parks, and have time to go back to your favorite attractions at least once...

To pick a resort can be though... the 7 Disney Resorts on property are all wonderfully themed!

From the flagship resort Disneyland Hotel to the southwestern themed Santa Fe!

Take a closer look at the Resorts at Disneyland Resort Paris homepage.

And I REALLY would like to recommend A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Paris as reference litterature while planning your trip.

Questions:

• At what time of the year do you plan to visit?
    • How important is the resorts amneties? (sp?)
    • Are you thrill seekers?
    • Are you gourmets, or settle for a hot dog and chips?
      (Perhaps both?)

I'll be glad to help you further, and give you my personal tips & trick for a great vacation at DLP!

Trip Planning is half the fun!

See you around the boards.
    Jonas_Swe

Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Jonas,

Thanks for the web sights and some initial thoughts.

I am taking my wife and 4 children (ages 12 - 5). I plan on going in late November (over the U.S Thanksgiving holidays). As far as thrill seeking: yes for me and my two oldest daughters (12 and 10yrs). My wife and younger children are not thrill seekers. So we are quite diverse. Of course I like lots of amenities but it is not overly important with such a big family - having fun family time is the biggest point! Hot dogs and hamburgers are just fine.
    I will continue to check out the web sights you sent me and read as much as I can and you are right about planning is almost as fun as the trip itself.
    Thanks again and be sure to ask the experts on this web sight about Disney World inside information - most are very knowledgeable and will be able to answer all your questions and help you plan your trip (20 days at Disney World - WOW!

Pipper

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pipper
    Jonas,

Thanks for the web sights and some initial thoughts.

I am taking my wife and 4 children (ages 12 - 5). I plan on going in late November (over the U.S Thanksgiving holidays). As far as thrill seeking: yes for me and my two oldest daughters (12 and 10yrs). My wife and younger children are not thrill seekers. So we are quite diverse. Of course I like lots of amenities but it is not overly important with such a big family - having fun family time is the biggest point! Hot dogs and hamburgers are just fine.
    I will continue to check out the web sights you sent me and read as much as I can and you are right about planning is almost as fun as the trip itself.
    Thanks again and be sure to ask the experts on this web sight about Disney World inside information - most are very knowledgeable and will be able to answer all your questions and help you plan your trip (20 days at Disney World - WOW!

Pipper
    Hi Pipper!

You're welcome. giving ideas and help with trip planning to DLP is also really fun...
    I am such a Disney Nut...

To pick a hotel can be though, all I can say is that you should really go for a Disney hotel on property.

My favorite is Disneyland Hotel!
    It's really nice and it's situated on the gates to Disneyland Park, right above the turnstiles.

My favorite of the Moderate hotels must be Newpoer Bay Club.
    Their swimming pool is the best on property.

For all hotels prices will vary alot, depending on what time of year you visit.
    And with the Visa deal, you will find really good savings on everything from merchandise and food for everyone.

Please feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer.

Enjoy planning your trip!
    Jonas_Swe

Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days

Thanks Jonas - see you around the sight and I'll be sure to ask you if I have any more questions and I'll let you know how the trip goes!

Pipper

You're welcome Pipper!

Have fun planning your trip!
    Jonas_Swe

Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days