Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss In-Park Jokes in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; When I took my nine year old cousin on Spaceship Earth for the first time, near the end she said "It really makes you think." I asked "About what?" and ...
    Drnifer is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I took my nine year old cousin on Spaceship Earth for the first time, near the end she said "It really makes you think." I asked "About what?" and she replied "I don't know." This is one of our favorite "in jokes" and everyone in the family now says it when riding Spaceship Earth (and any other time it can be used...)
    Jennifer

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Jennifer, welcome to the boards!

Keep these jokes coming...it's great to hear other inside jokes!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    I like my variation on that Pooh one. "Excuse me, m'am, but you have pooh on your shirt"

Best used with discretion.
    This was used on me just tonight....sigh, shoulda worn my Tigger shirt...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I just remembered another little WDW inside joke. When I was in high school, I traveled with my marching band to Jacksonville, FL a few days prior to the turn of the millenium to perform on Jan. 1st '00 during the Gatorbowl Halftime Show. Well, our trip planning allowed for a one-day bus trip to the Magic Kingdom, and needless to say, this was my favorite day of the trip.

Anyway, the joke originated from a small group of band members and one instructor riding the TTA, (i was not one of them, although i would have liked to have been there) but the story spread quite quickly throughout the rest of the band. Apparently, one of the guys, having never been to WDW before and not knowing what the TTA was, and fearing it to be some kind of a roller coaster or thrill ride, asked his companions something along the lines of whether or not it was scary, or if there was anything to get excited over, or something along those lines. Of course, the reaction from all his friends was of course laughter and kidding, and of course the story spread. Ever since then, everyone who has ever heard the story (which was pretty much the entire band at the time, and many of the new band members since, as the story has been passed down through the years) now affectionately refers to the TTA (or the Peoplemover if you wish, for old-school Disney folks like me), as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority of DEATH!

So next time you're in the MK, make sure you take the time to check out their latest Blue Line thrill ride, the TTAoD!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

jennifer4321 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    dzney4lfy I think I know the one you can't post, and yes its a pretty cute joke
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 11 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Walt Disney World</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Going to Disney!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Jennifer4321

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    he..he..he..

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    My favorite joke was actually on the monorail when my choir performed at the Magic Music days four years back. One of the girls with us, who had never been to the world before, while riding the monorail, looked at me with fear in her eyes and said, "OMG! This thing is balanced on a little bitty rail! We're all gonna die!!!" True, she was scared, so it shouldn't have been funny, but, the rest of our group almost died laughing. Eventually, she did forigive us, so hakuna matata!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

MattH is offline A-Ticket holder
    why did mickey become an astronaut?
    -he wanted to find pluto.
    stupid, i know
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 15, 2005 10:14:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=navy>Countdown to 11 days, 10 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Chillin\\\' w/ Donald';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Go Ravens!!!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

A few.

It's gotten to the point now where I'm starting to interact, 'Rocky Horror'-style with the transportation systems. For example, on the tram between the parking lot and the main gates, the voice-over ends with "...then notify the operator, thank you," and I find myself innocently declaring "No hablo ingles!" just before the Spanish version begins. This usually gets a laugh (which is the intended result). On the monorail, right around the moment the voice reminds us that "for the comfort of others, no smoking please," I'll do my best to give him a good compliment (Monorail, you have a lovely voice, and Monorail, you're EVIL! are two of my faves), to which he always replies "Thank you!" Once you've got the timing, you may just get a grin out of even the poor cranky, sunburned bloke who has been on his feet all day and looking forward to just finding his wheels and getting to that motel room again.

It's also pretty amusing to interact with Aerosmith in the recording studio of the Rockin' Roller Coaster, after you've queued up for that one enough times.

This behavior of mine usually is much to the chagrin and rolled eyes of anyone I happen to be tooling around the Disney acres with at the moment, although last time, my tag-along got into the spirit of things (a soldier who was having a crummy week and was in dire need of some laughs). She made the brilliant suggestion that we "do a shot" (just kidding, honest!) everytime we hear someone say "The Happiest Celebration on Earth." I gotta admit, that's a good one. (Tip: if you want to stay sober with this hypothetical little game, avoid the monorail at all costs.) So there we were, doing pantomime toasts every few minutes, it seemed.

Good topic. I can already tell a lonely boy can spend a lot of time on these boards......
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Ape, Those are great! (thought i was the only not who spoke to the monorail narration)

Thank God you don't do a shot every time you see Stitch at WDW - you'd be loaded by the time you reached the main gate!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Conceited Ape, and btw welcome to DWT. I love RHPS myself, so I got quite a kick out of your shenanigans.

Now Lou, people can barely make it around the World Showcase of Epcot! And you're thinking of a Stitch drinking game....clean on up on monorail coral!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    Good topic. I can already tell a lonely boy can spend a lot of time on these boards......

dude, do you know me or something?

and that was hilarious Ape! I wanna hear your interactions with AR&R!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    dude, do you know me or something?

and that was hilarious Ape! I wanna hear your interactions with AR&R!

I have a feeling that you and Ape are going to become good friends.
    Izzy

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Do I know you? Well, it's possible we've at least crossed paths.

As far as the Aerosmith 'coaster goes, not too much to tell. I greet the band right back ("How do, people?!"), and right when it seems as though they're gonna rush off to the gig without us (timing is everything here), shout out your indignation and that they can't just leave us all here like this, that we've waited in line for a long time (feel free to ad lib, and see if you can't get other folks to join in with the protests). Right about then, if you've timed it right, it will look like the band is backing you up on your vocalization to their manager.

Next, call out to Steve Tyler and say "Hey, Steve--how about some backstage passes?!" Time it just right, and he'll say "I love that idea--backstage passes!!" (Cheers all around, and everyone in the studio with you will remember you as the guy who got them all hooked up.)

Enjoy!
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    Enjoy!

Man these are great ideas!! I'm good at heckling the HM's (haunted mansion) CM's to where they normally respond making it a show, and I never back down on yelling like I just a saw a dead person in the "elevator" . I love how completely puzzled people are and look around at people when the lights come on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lovely BelleGurl
    I have a feeling that you and Ape are going to become good friends.
    Yeah this guy is a crack up! And Belle, busy next Thursday?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast