Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss In-Park Jokes in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Uh oh, another one like Tampa!!! We're in trouble!!! (JK) Glad to have you ape!!! And, btw, GREAT ideas, gotta try those when I go on Monday!!!...
    tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Uh oh, another one like Tampa!!! We're in trouble!!! (JK) Glad to have you ape!!!
    And, btw, GREAT ideas, gotta try those when I go on Monday!!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    While in the portrait gallery of the Haunted Mansion, just to be cute, after the Ghost Host states that "There's always [his] way.....," do your best Shaggy impression at the top of your lungs and scream "Zoiks!! Gee Scoob, let's get back to the Mystery Machine!!" You've got plenty of time between the pitch black and the screaming to maybe score a laugh.

I will always shout this one after a visit some years back now. I was standing beside a little boy who seemed to be a little bit shaken by the ride. I couldn't blame him; when I was a little guy, the attic and the cemetery were areas I just couldn't handle (the pop-up ghoulie heads always messed me up something fierce). In fact, if I'd admit it, I'm a little bit annoyed when kids under 8 don't seem phased in the slightest by the Mansion, but I'm digressing again. At any rate, when the lights came back up, the Shaggy impression at least helped him to smile, laugh a little, and allow his mom to take him by the hand further on into the boundless realm of the supernatural without any more protest.

Every once in a while, there really is a method to the madness.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i dont no if any of yall have seen "Old School" with Will Ferrel, but theres this part where Will Farrel thinks hes about to die and he says" I see Blue ( an old man who dies earlier in the movie) he looks glorious!!". So now everytime me and my sister see Balou(spelling??)
    from Jungle Book at Animal Kingdom we cant help but pretend to be dying and say those exact words. haha kinda corny but just a lil family joke
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    another in park joke to do (esecially at e-nite) is get your whole log to make the same funny face during the drop...sometimes it gets "washed away" but its definately worth it when it doesnt

<< haha mabe a face like that
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

OK, a couple of new favorite in-park jokes. I always like to say the script with the cast members on Great Movie Ride and Jungle Cruise. This time, during Extra Magic Hour night at MK, there were only 5 people in the boat, my family plus 2 other people and the skipper. I really couldn't understand the skipper very well;she said herself she didn't know much English (still wondering why she was working this attraction) so when she asked the question about why is it called Inspiration Falls, I said I knew, and she handed me the microphone. I ended up doing more of the script than she did! It was sooooooo much fun and when we went through the tunnel she asked me if it was my first time on JC and we struggled through her bad English, and come to find out, I had ridden JC more than she had!!! Now every time we ride it, I'm gonna try to get the skipper to let me take over the microphone again!
    Next, on GMR, we had a tour guide who obviously had just memorized the script and was talking so fast to try not to forget anything that if I didn't already have the script to memory, I would have had a hard time understanding her as well. Well, we finally made it to the western section, with my mom and I waiting desperately for the vehicle to be taken over by some bandit, and the guide asked the question, "Does anybody know what movie Clint Eastwood and John Wayne starred in together", and me, being the interactive guest that I am, said, well, actually yelled at the top of my lungs, "The Great Movie Ride!" Well, this startled the tour guide so bad that she almost didn't finish her spiel before the gun fight began. It was GREAT, but my mom says I'm evil, and I told her I was only playing along and besides, the tour guide DID ask the question, she just wasn't expecting an answer!
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love that story! I wish I knew enough to make the CMs flinch!

It's easy, just ride the attractions over and over and over and over and over and over until you know the script!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That is a very sound strategy. I believe it may work. I wonder if I could get some grant money from the government to base that hypothesis on. There has to be grant money out there somewhere....Maybe I can look and get a doctorate on it ... HUMMMMMMMMMMM

Hmmmmmmmmm, good idea, grant money to go to Disney World!?!?! I think I like that plan!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    An inside joke of ours is on The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Right when you get on the carpet, Aladdin says the usual "Stay seated" thing and explains how to go up and down. Then, he says "Or as the Genie would say...". The Genie repeats what Al just says, in Spanish. Now, we all go, "I didn't know the Genie spoke Spanish!" or "Did he take lessons, or is he really Spanish?". We get weird glances, but we're all cracking up by that time.
    Izzy

That's great! I'll have to try that! I just LOVE interacting with recorded voices! The more weird glances the BETTER!!!!!!!!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    TJ, I'm thinking you and I in the same boat would be any Jungle Cruise skipper's worst nightmare.......

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the latest batch of guides they've got out there on the river. Last month when I was there, every boat that I saw was skippered by a lovely Chinese gal (I certainly don't discriminate when it comes to dating, but I've always had a major soft spot for Chinese ladies, so this was a real treat for this passenger). As best as I understood, they're onboard for some on the job-training for the opening of the Disney in mainland China.

Honestly, I was well behaved. I did my best to help her out, and made sure to laugh at all her jokes (she seemed to appreciate it when she stated that "Usually about this time, someone asks me 'Miao, why do they call it Inspiration Falls?' (me--) "Miao, why do they call it Inspiration Falls?" Of course after that, she probably had her doubts about it being my first time on the ride when she initially asked for that show of hands....).

I had never really given it a lot of thought before, but possibly more than anywhere else on the Disney acres, the cast member needs a serious working grasp of English. When you're working with puns and corny jokes, it just doesn't work otherwise. Case in point was the crack about the boulders being real rock, "just so we don't take it for 'granite.'" (She said 'granted,' so although the gag was basically lost, I made sure to laugh.) Still, her English kicks the pooh out of my Mandarin, so she has my highest respects on that one (with the possible exception of the African Click languages, we speak the world's most aggravating tongue to learn).

The line was short after we disembarked, so I hopped right back on the boat again, much to her delight or chagrin, it was hard to tell which.......
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 07-02-2005 at 01:27 AM.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    I speak African Click...
    You too?!

click click click click click click click click click click. click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click! click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click? click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click. click click click click click click click click click click click click click. click click click click click click click click click click click.

click click click click click click! click click click click click click! click click click click click click click click click click... click.

those were the days eh.. excpet Quantis (click click) with that tiger and all..

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tampa, you need help!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

I second that, Tampa, I'm afraid you're CRAZY!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast