Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss In-Park Jokes in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; A couple of trips back I remebered what a Tram operator said when the tram stopped so we could get off "Please watch your head. If you cannot follow this ...
    Stitchster is offline B-Ticket Holder
    A couple of trips back I remebered what a Tram operator said when the tram stopped so we could get off "Please watch your head. If you cannot follow this rule, Plaes wacth your language."

I almosst fell over because I was laughing so hard.

Stitchzilla on VMK

Stitchster is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another time a couple of trips ago a Jungle Cruise Guide said this when we docked to get off.

"Please take all your belongings with you. This includes all cell phones, diaper bags, and yes, your childresn. If you do not pick up your children within a 24 hour time period their shoes will be bolted to the floor of It's A Small World and they will be forced to sing."

Stitchzilla on VMK

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchster
    Another time a couple of trips ago a Jungle Cruise Guide said this when we docked to get off.

"Please take all your belongings with you. This includes all cell phones, diaper bags, and yes, your childresn. If you do not pick up your children within a 24 hour time period their shoes will be bolted to the floor of It's A Small World and they will be forced to sing."
    I guess it's funny enough to the uninitiated, but every word of it's true. The last thing I remembered was my mommy taking me out of the stroller somewhere in Liberty Square, and a big white medicinal-scented Mickey glove covering my nose and mouth. I hung there for what must have been years (when you get too old, you get fitted for a broom and a pushcart to walk the streets of the Magic Kingdom), until I figured out that all I had to do was unbuckle my shoes and unhook my liederhosen and sneak out on a passing boat.

Now, here's a goodie that you'll need a bunch of equally motivated geek friends for. Hit the queue of Pirates of the Carribean dressed as the Goonies. The reactions of the cast members (and other guests who get it) are priceless.

(I can play Sloth with a minimum of makeup.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

I've got to try this one next time when and if I make it back. Try to convince gullible tourists looking for places to get a quiet drink that "O'hana's" is an Irish pub.

Slainte'.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    I've got to try this one next time when and if I make it back. Try to convince gullible tourists looking for places to get a quiet drink that "O'hana's" is an Irish pub.

Slainte'.
    Ahhh, competition for Raglan Road, no?

Perhaps. Or Rosie O'Grady's "Good Time Emporium" down at Church Street Station in Orlando. I dunno if they can still do it or not, but they used to have the gall to advertise by way of skywriting over WDW (I'm not sure if this is still in effect, though--I know that Disneyland on the opposite side of the country is a "no-fly zone." Aircraft would spoil the magic).

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    I'm not sure if this is still in effect, though--I know that Disneyland on the opposite side of the country is a "no-fly zone."
    There is in fact a TFR (temporary flight restriction) around WDW, although it appears to have become a fairly permanent one, having been there for quite some time now. I don't know the specifics on this TFR exactly, but I personally have overflown WDW at about 5,000 feet on an IFR flightplan on my way back from Kissimmee one night last fall. It was something pretty spectacular to see the spotlights from Pleasure Island dancing off my wings. We overflew PI, passed east of EPCOT, and along the eastern shore of Bay Lake. Aside from PI and it's spotlights, I was kind of suprised to discover that from the air, one of most prominent landmarks (the one I spotted first once realizing I was over WDW) was actually the Contemporary Resort. As for VFR traffic just cruising on over WDW (this includes skywriting), I don't think that is allowed. I think you have to be executing a flightplan which has been filed with a Flight Service Station, and in contact with Orlando approach control, like I was that night.

*EDIT* I have in fact seen skywriting on a couple of my more recent trips to WDW, although it is seemingly done quite a ways up, and probably outside the boundaries of that TFR. I'll see if I can remember to look up the exact demensions of that TFR.
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 02-21-2006 at 03:08 PM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

sparrowtortuga is offline Annual Passholder
    We went on vacation with a family that we are friends with this past Thanksgiving. One night the mom of the family got a craving for ice cream, so we stopped at Mrs. Potts and by the time we were done, all twelve of us had either a cone or a shake. LOL! Anyway, we were finishing up and one of the adult children looked at me with a very strange look on his face. "What are you eating?" he asked. "I'm eating ice cream," I said thinking he was just kidding. "What??" he asked. "I'm eating my ice cream," I said and turned my cone so that he could see the ice cream and half cone that was left. "OH!!!" he exclaimed and then started laughing. "I thought you were eating napkins." The bottom of the cone was buried in the napkin the cast member had wrapped it in and from his perspective, it looked like I was eating napkins. So that's our new joke. When we went to any other restaurant that we went to that had the brown paper napkins, he would always get me a bunch of them and tell me to eat them slowly and savor them.
    Where's all the rum gone?

I rode Everest 7 times over Passholder weekend!!!!!

Thanks much for the info, Don. The World from overhead must've really been something to see.

Another funny thing was when we went to WDW with my friend and her family. We went to Tower of Terror (my first time) and went into the room with the TV just past the lobby. When the lights went out, I, having done this many a time at the Haunted Mansion screamed. When the lights came back on my friend's sister turned to my friend and I and said, "Wow! This is so cool! They've really done the audio in here well. When the voice screamed, it sounded like it was right next to me!" My friend and I have never told her any different!!!! LOL!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Favorite Jungle Cruise Joke - "Hey did you know that the Schweizer Falls were actually named after renowned scientist, Doctor Albert....Falls!"
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

My friend's favorite Jungle Cruise joke is: "Coming up you'll see a plane crash, and you know what that means.........HIPPOS!!!!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    This is just a followup to my earlier reply regarding the Temporary Flight Restriction (or no-fly zone, as Concieted Ape refered to it) around WDW that I mentioned on 1/30, I went and did a little reading on the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) webpage, http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html#fl, and this here is what I found on this area, termed "TFR 3/2122".

For those of you not wanting to read the whole thing, let me summarize. Beginning March 18th, 2003 and lasting until further notice, a restricted area consisting of a 3 mile radius surrounding "the Disney World theme park" is established from the surface up to and including 3,000 feet above the ground, UNLESS you are either (A) instructed to do so by air traffic control, (B) military/law enforcement/air ambulence/etc. (they still need to be in contact with ATC though), or (C) have a waiver.

As a sidenote, I was at 5,000 when I overflew WDW, plus I was in contact with ATC, so I was perfectly legal.

Hey, I just got a lightbulb! Forget Illuminations Cruises... how about Wishes flights! Any takers?

Here's the full TFR, for those of you who care.
    3/2122 FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ORLANDO, FL. EFFECTIVE 0303182000 UTC (MARCH 18 AT 1500 LOCAL) UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO RESTRICTIONS DETAILED IN SECTION 352 OF PUBLIC LAW 108-7, AND 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS. AIRCRAFT FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED AT AND BELOW 3,000 FEET AGL, WITHIN A 3 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF THE DISNEY WORLD THEME PARK (282445N/0813420W OR THE ORLANDO /ORL/ VORTAC 243 DEGREE RADIAL AT 15 NAUTICAL MILES). THIS RESTRICTION DOES NOT APPLY TO: (A) THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY PURPOSES, INCLUDING AIRCRAFT ARRIVING OR DEPARTING FROM AN AIRPORT USING STANDARD AIR TRAFFIC PROCEDURES; (B) DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR AEROMEDICAL FLIGHT OPERATIONS THAT ARE IN CONTACT WITH ATC. THOSE WHO MEET ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MAY APPLY FOR A WAIVER TO THESE RESTRICTIONS: (A) FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES OF THE VENUE INCLUDING THE TRANSPORTATION OF EQUIPMENT OR OFFICIALS OF THE GOVERNING BODY; (B) FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY PURPOSES OF THE VENUE. INFORMATION REGARDING WAIVER APPLICATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE FAA WEBSITE AT
    HTTP://WWW.FAA.GOV/ATS/ATA/WAIVER, OR BY CALLING 571-227-1322. 18 MAR 20:00 UNTIL UFN [See graphic.]

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, In-Park Jokes.
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 02-21-2006 at 04:04 PM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Thanks for doin' your homework on that one, Don. I was kinda curious about that one, and didn't know for sure where to look for answers.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Me & a few of my new friends have some new in park jokes,

Like... "Why did that guy just tell me 'Happy B-day"?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast