Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss The Splash Mountain Challenge in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; On my most recent trip to Disney, about a month ago, my best friend and I created a game that is somewhat embarrassing, a little strenuous, and a lot of ...
    shawnymike88 is offline A-Ticket holder

The Splash Mountain Challenge

On my most recent trip to Disney, about a month ago, my best friend and I created a game that is somewhat embarrassing, a little strenuous, and a lot of fun. We call it the Splash Mountain Challenge, and it consists of getting everyone in your party, or entire boat, to all put their arms up, and keep them up for the entire ride. We had one person be the official judge, they played, but they also tried their best to watch everybody else for any rule infractions.
    We laid out the rules like this:
    -Everyone playing must raise their arms up when the judge says, which is usually at the station after everyone sits down, the judge will say, 1, 2, 3, up. (or something like that.)
    -Your arms have to stay up in the air as long as possible, your arms may be bent, but your elbows cannot drop below your shoulder height, or below 90 degrees.
    - You can "rest" your arms, but only by holding them together over your head, and locking out your elbows.
    -Anyone who drops their arms lower than the shoulders or gives up is out of the contest.
    -You have to keep them up for the duration of the ride, while exiting the boats, through the entire gift shop, and past the picture purchase area.
    -Once you pass the picture area, you may decide when and where to drop your arms, and everybody who remains has to do it at the same time, (1, 2, 3, down)

It is fun to try, it looks a little rediculous to everybody else, and it is much harder than it seems!
    Have fun with this idea, and I have a few more Disney Challenges that we made up too, if anyone is interested!
    They are:
    -Space Mountain Challenge- arms held straight out in front of you for the entire ride.
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Challenge- hands placed behind your head, fingers interlocked throughout the ride.
    -The "Walk to the Front of the Park" Challenge- walk backwards when you exit for the night from the last ride you rode, to the main gate, and through the turnstile.
    -The Monorail Challenge- try to stand up for the duration of the monorail ride to the TTC without holding on to anything.

Enjoy!
    -SMike88
    -(EDIT: My computer created two threads somehow, one of these can be deleted.)
    Last edited by shawnymike88; 07-13-2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Double Thread Post

beenu is offline A-Ticket holder
    Last edited by beenu; 05-16-2008 at 04:09 AM.

beenu is offline A-Ticket holder
    The house originally had a rural American design and was intended to be at the end of a crooked path that led away from Disneyland's Main Street area.plash Mountain was great. It's best to go off-peak to avoid the long ... and it was time to take on the challenge of the Magic Kingdom

willywilly99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    he "Walk to the Front of the Park" Challenge- walk backwards when you exit for the night from the last ride you rode, to the main gate, and through the turnstile.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow, those actually sound fun. It's too bad I'll have a hard time convincing my family to play them!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder
    i'm gonna challenge my dad to the splash mountian challenge when we go down in a few weeks, and the monorail challenge isn't that hard for me. i did it all the time last trip in March 2007, before it was even created. skateboardin and snowboardin actually did pay off, lol =-)
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I dont know abnout that splash mountain challenge, for some reason the ride always stops when I'm on it and usually for quite a while. I don't think I would be too good at that one, that is unless I start training for it now!!

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: The Splash Mountain Challenge

i definetly want to play these!

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

Clare Voince is offline A-Ticket holder

I don't know, the walk backwards one sounds a little dangerous. If you look over your shoulder, you'd have trouble seeing low things. I can just see little kids getting backed into, or strollers tripped over. You'd have to be really careful.

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

i agree with the last post, the walking backwards one is too potentially hazardous. if i were the one doing it, i'd be too worried about knocking into someone or walking off a curb and being hurt the rest of my disney trip..and honestly if i were in the park and was anywhere near a group of people walking backwards at the end of the night i'd probably be really annoyed. the last thing i want to do after a day of walking around is have to avoid another obstecle. not to be a jerk but i think its kind of inconsiderate, most people have to concentrate too much on walking backwards than to worry about whats going on around them.

dischick110 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    counting how many times better summer would be if i was in WDW

that splash mountain challenge sounds hilarious! and embarrassing! especially through the picture pickup room and gift shop! LOL 4 real!

if i had a $1 million, i'd buy a lifetime pass to WDW, a room in every resort (sometimes i can't decide!) and a private jet to get me there!

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

The Splash Mountain Challenge sound really great. I have had Splash Mountain, Magic Kingdom trip. It is really enjoyable place and we really enjoyed there. The Splash Mountain ride is really well designed and it is one of my favorite rides. However our last tour of Magic Kingdom, it was closed.

Best Regards,

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

That sounds like lots of fun! I'll remember that for future trips...

Everyone needs a little spark of Imagination...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by shawnymike88 View Post
    The Monorail Challenge- try to stand up for the duration of the monorail ride to the TTC without holding on to anything.
    That's every day for me on the subway.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

altpirate is offline A-Ticket holder

The Splash Mountain challenge sounds fun! I was to try it next time I'm down in the world!
    Uttara-Kuru-Our Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast