Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss The Splash Mountain Challenge in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; On my most recent trip to Disney, about a month ago, my best friend and I created a game that is somewhat embarrassing, a little strenuous, and a lot of ...
    shawnymike88 is offline A-Ticket holder

The Splash Mountain Challenge

On my most recent trip to Disney, about a month ago, my best friend and I created a game that is somewhat embarrassing, a little strenuous, and a lot of fun. We call it the Splash Mountain Challenge, and it consists of getting everyone in your party, or entire boat, to all put their arms up, and keep them up for the entire ride. We had one person be the official judge, they played, but they also tried their best to watch everybody else for any rule infractions.
    We laid out the rules like this:
    -Everyone playing must raise their arms up when the judge says, which is usually at the station after everyone sits down, the judge will say, 1, 2, 3, up. (or something like that.)
    -Your arms have to stay up in the air as long as possible, your arms may be bent, but your elbows cannot drop below your shoulder height, or below 90 degrees.
    - You can "rest" your arms, but only by holding them together over your head, and locking out your elbows.
    -Anyone who drops their arms lower than the shoulders or gives up is out of the contest.
    -You have to keep them up for the duration of the ride, while exiting the boats, through the entire gift shop, and past the picture purchase area.
    -Once you pass the picture area, you may decide when and where to drop your arms, and everybody who remains has to do it at the same time, (1, 2, 3, down)

It is fun to try, it looks a little rediculous to everybody else, and it is much harder than it seems!
    Have fun with this idea, and I have a few more Disney Challenges that we made up too, if anyone is interested!
    They are:
    -Space Mountain Challenge- arms held straight out in front of you for the entire ride.
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Challenge- hands placed behind your head, fingers interlocked throughout the ride.
    -The "Walk to the Front of the Park" Challenge- walk backwards when you exit for the night from the last ride you rode, to the main gate, and through the turnstile.
    -The Monorail Challenge- try to stand up for the duration of the monorail ride to the TTC without holding on to anything.

Enjoy!
    -SMike88

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    The monorail ichallenge is somethin gi do on anything moving including busses, boats, the monorail, anything like that. Its always so fun. Its something so small that would seem easy but at first is just weird and somewhat difficult.
    Ive also done that hands up thing on rollercoasters, but not through the exiting area and shops. I would be kinda embarrased for that sort of thing, but then again i love doing goofy embarrasing things so who knows if i would do that sometime.
    It seems like those are kinda fun things to do with friends to make a ride youve been on more interesting, although it takes awhile to get to that point in disney world for me
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    lol, that sounds like fun, i might have to try some of those next time I go to WDW
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Ghost_Hostess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i need to hold on to somthing at the big drop.... lol
    Haunted mansion is my life

VMK Name:VideoGamerGirl
    If you would like to join our jamboree
    There’s a simple rule that’s compulsory.
    Mortals pay a token fee –
    Rest in peace, the haunting’s free.
    So, hurry back, we would like your company...

chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Haha I have done the Monorail challenge so many times!!!!

Theres always room for one more!
    [/CENTER]
    canuckpodperson on Magical Mountain forums!

shawnymike88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, from experience, I lasted about 2 seconds on the monorail challenge...bad timing on my part to yell, "Monorail Challenge!"...and then proceed to fall forward onto the handicapped access railing in the center of the car as soon as we started moving! And also, I failed on the Splash Mountain Challenge as well, my arms instinctively went down to the bar on the drop, effectively disqualifing me!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnymike88 View Post
    Well, from experience, I lasted about 2 seconds on the monorail challenge...bad timing on my part to yell, "Monorail Challenge!"...and then proceed to fall forward onto the handicapped access railing in the center of the car as soon as we started moving! And also, I failed on the Splash Mountain Challenge as well, my arms instinctively went down to the bar on the drop, effectively disqualifing me!
    the part about the monorail challenge made me laugh, lol
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

DizWrldTeam5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lol. I've done the monorail challenges but I've never done the SM one. I think I'd be able to hold my arms in the are the whole ride except the last drop because I'm afraid I might go airborne, lol.

Four Parks. One World. -lAnE
    I cant wait till WDW in Summer 08!

DizWrldTeam5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone have any other challenges?

Four Parks. One World. -lAnE
    I cant wait till WDW in Summer 08!

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    sounds interesting, i may have to try that sometime

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    haha I like the walk backwards to the gate game, and the monorail challenge.....but Splash Mountain, on the other hand, I need at least one hand on the railing. That game must get rough if there is a boat back up to the exit!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I must be a real "nervous Nelly" but some of these sound dangerous!
    It was all started by a mouse!

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    whats the monorail challenge?

The monorail challenge is to stand the entire ride (MK to TTC) not holding onto anything.

My parents can barely convince me to get on SM as it is - to hold my hands up the entire time? NO Way!!! I'll be the one clinging onto the bar for dear life, thank you very much!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok............you are in Disneyworld............DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!!!! And your mind is ocupied by what "challenge" you can come up with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast