Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss Keeping Busy In "Que" in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; My wife and I love playing this trivia game we invented on the spot - First - pick a random letter from a nearby sign or anything with writing - ...
    PioneerDuster is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Keeping Busy In "Que"

My wife and I love playing this trivia game we invented on the spot - First - pick a random letter from a nearby sign or anything with writing - That becomes your FIRST letter - Next we take turns naming a variety of topics that Start with THAT letter -

For example - we see the letter "P" somewhere and we choose MOVIES as a topic - So "Peter Pan" comes up - and I respond with "Police Academy" - and so on until we are spent on that letter and mutually agree to move on. You can make it a bit tougher by limiting your topics to Disney related titles ONLY.

We also tried FOOD as a topic - It was Crazy the things we came up with, but we were always getting hungry while in line - LOL.

Have Fun!

Oh - Don't forget to grab a White Paint Brush while on Tom Sawyer's Island and give it to the raft operator!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's a great idea, anything to keep your mind off of the long waits. There is actually a book dedicated to line suvival, you may want to check it out.........The Disney Queue Line Survival Guidebook-Home

to the DWT
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

happiest_haunt is offline A-Ticket holder
    I usually end up talking to whoever's behind me with little kids, since I almost always ride alone. I had this one little girl with her very tired grandparents ask me to ride Splash mountain with her.

Oi with the poodles, already!

"This is how it starts. One muppet, Sesame Street in the morning, variety shows late at night. Next thing you know, you're selling your possesions on Main Street to pay for your next Muppet binge"

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    My family and I usually talk to people around us... we tend to meet people with similar Disney ride interests and we share tips!!!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    Quote Originally Posted by PioneerDuster View Post
    Oh - Don't forget to grab a White Paint Brush while on Tom Sawyer's Island and give it to the raft operator!
    I've never heard this! What does it do?
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Take a deck of cards and play Speed War....people really get into watching you
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Goofy Forever is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love the alphabet game idea! I can't wait to try this with my nephew the next time we're at DW!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I usually talk to whoever is around me. Also, people watching can be very entertaining because my wife is a member of the "fashion police." I tell her relax cuz it's WDW!

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've found the best way to survive a line is to just take it all in or search for Hidden Mickeys/Characters. I used to have a Hidden Mickey guide before I left it in MGM and I still can't find one thats supposed to be on a Birdhouse hanging in the beginning of the queue. I always look for it and it always consumes me.

But you know, the best way to not have to worry about the long lines is to get a Fastpass!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We play I Spy, then we hunt for Hidden Mickey's, and I usually have a back up small bottle of bubbles for DD, she loves blowing bubbles.

Ques are a good place to catch your trip book, as well. We use a 3x5 notebook and write down highlights, things we have done and DD's happiest moments. Makes it easier to compile thoughts and helps her focus and settle down if she is getting bouncy. She draws little pictures which gives me more stuff to memorialize the trip.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 09-06-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sounds fun.
    I shall have to remeber it.
    Wait!
    Better yet, I'll write it down. =]
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I usually keep my mind occupied by wishing that (a) the brazillians in the queue would stop singing and clapping (b) the brat behind me would quit picking his nose (c) his mother would tell him to quit (d) the person with a cold would stop invading my personal space and cover their mouth when coughing (e) that I was more tolerant......

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchgirl1 View Post
    I usually keep my mind occupied by wishing that (a) the brazillians in the queue would stop singing and clapping (b) the brat behind me would quit picking his nose (c) his mother would tell him to quit (d) the person with a cold would stop invading my personal space and cover their mouth when coughing (e) that I was more tolerant......
    ahaha
    Thats funny.
    xD
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

Love Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    We play games as we are waiting for the busses. I can't remember the name of the game but it starts as "my name is Alice and I come from Alaska and I sell Apples" We always get others children involved in this game, it keeps them occupied while we wait for any busses.
    Kathy

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    We always talk to other people in line. Usually, when we overhear that they are lost, confused, have a question, etc. (since my family members and I are all avid Disney fans). It usually sparks up some fun conversations, and I always feel so smart when inexperienced WDW-goers ask questions of me!

We also plan the rest of our day out, or talk about plans for the next of the trip. We find it useful to talk about the next ride we're going to because as soon as we disembark from the ride we're in the queue line for, we can head right over to the next attraction without wasting time or blocking the exit.

Another "game" i like to play is "tell-the-rest-of-your-party-so-many-Disney-Trivia-facts-about-the-current-area-or-attraction-you're-in-that-they-get-really-annoyed". I'm very good at this one; owning multiple Disney Trivia books (both of Lou's, of course ) I have an advantage in this game. It's still fun though, because even though after awhile they say "Enough already!" there are usually some tidbits they all find interesting! It's also amusing to see newcomers overhear me because their eyes get wide as they listen to the random tidbits about WDW that I know; it always makes me giggle.

Another fun idea my friend and I had was take random pictures of each other (when we weren't looking) and also to play "name this image" and take really zoomed in pictures of things in the queue line - kept us entertained!

I recommend bringing along Hidden Mickey books, trivia books (Disney or non-Disney) that are skinny and can be fit into a bag or backpack. They are relatively light but pack a punch for waiting in long lines! To avoid long lines though, here are a couple tips I've learned:
    1) when you enter the park, go in a counterclockwise circle - people tend to go in a clockwise motion, so you'll be able to avoid the brunt of the traffic.
    2) Try to go to the left side of any lines (gift shop, queue line, food line, etc) that split up - more people go the right than the left!
    3) Try to go to more "kid friendly" rides during daytime parades, and usually right around "lunchtime" and "dinnertime" (think, 12 noon for lunch and 5-7 o'clock for dinner) to see other rides empty out too. Another good time to hit non-age-specific rides is during nighttime fireworks shows and parades!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast