We became hopelessly addicted to pin trading about three years ago. We are a close knit family of three. Here's a fun game we developed last year:
It's a silly game but we sure get a kick out of it! It's most fun if themes change from day to day. We brought home a wonderful array of great pins which now are displayed on corkboard in my daughter's room.
- We purchase pins prior to arrival at WDW on eBay or you can purchase a multi-pin set at a gift shop or pin store. Remember you have to buy pins you DON'T like so that you can actually trade them away. (Only Disney can make you spend your money on something you don't want!)
- We divide the pins between the three of us for trading.
- Each of us select a "hunt theme" for the day. For example, one day I was "all Pooh" and dad was "all Goofy" and Kayla was "all Pixar". Throughout the day we're trading like crazy within our individual "theme". It's every man (or wo-man) for themselves unless you can barter a trade with someone to get a pin for you outside your theme.
- At the end of the day, we gather on the bed and look at everyone's trades. All pins go into the "pot" and dad acts as "Master of Ceremonies" to see if the pin gos or stays in the family. The vote must be unanimous or the pin goes back into the pot for tomorrows trades. If the pin receives unanimous votes to stay in the family - it's a keeper and goes back to GA with us.
- If a pin does not get unanimous support to stay it goes into the "trade pile".
- At the end of voting the trade pile is divided among the three of us one at a time. If you love a pin and it didn't get to be a "keeper" then you better claim it for the next day that way you have "final" say as to the pins fate. You can opt not to trade it if you really love it or you can trade it away as a last resort.
- Another fun "spin" on trading is looking for Hidden Mickeys or Cast Member pins. Many times these pins are sets and you can see on the back of the pin how many are in the set. It was a HUGE thrill to find these pins across the week and complete a set. We were able to complete two sets last year.
The best part is working together as a team and working as an individual to achieve goals. Our quiet daughter is like another person when it comes to pins. She'll go up to people and politely ask to see their lanyard and always remembers to say please and thank you (or sometimes no thank you). As a mom - this brings great pride and joy!!
Last edited by mikelynn91; 09-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
All the best Disney days to you!
2003 - Fort Wilderness
2005 - All Star Movies
2006 - All Star Music
2007 - Pop Century
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - All Star Movies
Sounds like a fun game!
Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!
pin traders will be able to meet and swap Olympics pins — a popular Games pastime. There are plans to create two other pin trading sites
this game sounds fun... another good place to get pins from WDW very cheap is the Disney Character Premier Store... there is on at the Sawgrass Mills in south Florida... we always buy the pins there and then bring them to trade on our vaca.. they are about two dollars a piece and we buy double if we really like them!!!
JennahRemember the MAGIC"a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!""in the big blue world....""because i'm a lady... thats why""it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!""it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"
"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute
check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar
WDWTrips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04'05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12
You will cherish these memories forever!!
© 2012 WDWRadio™ and Second Star Media™
Please note that WDW Radio, Lou Mongello, and Second Star Media are in no way part of, endorsed or authorized by, or affiliated with the Walt Disney Company or its affiliates. Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com - As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney - Disclosure.