Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss Drinking around the world in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by BusDriver Tony, This is the way it was explained to me by a friend that is a former CM: In the World Showcase in Epcot, you have ...
    POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BusDriver View Post
    Tony,

This is the way it was explained to me by a friend that is a former CM:

In the World Showcase in Epcot, you have to buy and drink an adult beverage in every country as you walk around the showcase. Now in reading some of the posts on here, there are some that would say you have to drink a beer in every country. But in some countries, there are other options with wine and liquor. My friend explained it as the signature drink or drink made in each country. You can't drink a bud light at each country.

There is not an official list that I know of so I guess that leaves it up to the individual as to what the signature drink and/or preference would be in each country. The key is to finish the drink from each country.

Mexico = Margarita
    Japan = Sake
    Germany = dark beer
    France = Wine

Hope this helps.

yes it does!!!
    Thank you!

What about Italy, Morocco, china, canada, USA!,and Norway?
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    A little off topic, but which pavillion serves the Grand Marnier slush?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I've never tried it but if I did it would probably kill me. Or I'd make it half way and end up in the restroom for the rest of the day
    I'm in Lori's camp, I'm not sure I'd make it half way especially if it was hot out. I love German wine, glass two in the heat, it usually right back to water.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tony,

I would probably need some help matching up drinks for the other countries, as I haven't been on property in four years, but each country does serve a native beer. If nothing else, I will compile a list when I am at WDW in a few weeks.

Italy = Chianti
    Morocco = They have a specialty drink, but I am drawing a blank on it
    China = ??
    USA = Bud
    Canada = Molson's
    Norway = ??

Anybidy else have suggestions?
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    A little off topic, but which pavillion serves the Grand Marnier slush?
    France.

Some of our favorites from memory:

Canada: Icewine
    UK: Cider and DH likes some Ale there
    France: Beaujolais Nouveau (Seasonal), Grand Marnier Slushie, pretty much any wine
    Morocco: Sultan's Colada
    Japan: Sake, Plum Wine, Cherry Blossom Martini
    USA: totally skip over this pavilion
    Italy: Rosa Regale, Limoncello, Chianti, really any wine
    Germany: Glühwein (Seasonal), DH says the beer that starts with an S, pretty much any beer
    China: Tsingtao Beer
    Normay: don't remember
    Mexico: don't remember, but I know people like to start here with a Fiesta Margarita

P.S. The only "rule" you need to follow is to be smart and know your limits. Don't be "that person."
    Last edited by MandaBella; 02-08-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    France."
    Thanks, MandaBella

Looks like nearly all of the signature drinks in Norway besides the wines freature "Aquavit", a favorite Norwegian vodka.

AngelalvsDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I tried this once. I am not sure I could do it again though! I found that if you just stick to beer...
    The day I tried this was 90 some degrees and I had a sunburn. The cold beer did the trick. My advice is to just be careful and pace yourself. Take the whole day and forget the rides. It was a blast.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible"

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Everybody!
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

faeremoon is offline A-Ticket holder
    Proud to say that I have done this! We started with Margaritas in Mexico and finished with Moosehead in Canada. We aren't big beer drinkers and were pleasantly surprised with the German wines. Most countries we had our own drinks, but we shared a beer in Norway and America.
    Our favorites are:
    Sake in Japan
    Gran Marnier Slushies in France (Kir Royale is good too!)
    Strongbow Cider in UK
    Last edited by faeremoon; 02-26-2009 at 03:16 PM.

faeremoon is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just remembered... for any non-drinkers, there is also chocolate around the world. I haven't tried this yet, but I think it might be more challenging to eat that much chocolate in one day than the drinking!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I like the idea of drinking around the world but with their steep drink prices it's probably comparable with airfare around the world.

maxiv is offline A-Ticket holder
    i worked in the german pavillion the past year (i was on the cultural representative program) and trust me - there are GOOD german wines!!

if you like the sweet ones, go with the "Diva auslese" (for divas among you guys ;o) ) - if you like it dry it would recommend the Estate Dry (!) Riesling

I'm not sure if there is a beer that starts with a S...but then again i worked in the merchandise section (which includes the wine shop), not food and beverage (which is were the beer-kiosk belongs to)

unfortunately i was 20 at the time and didn't want to risk being fired and sent back home to Germany - so i couldn't participate in the drinking myself.

But I'm planning to go with my girlfriend next year (we met there and she too was underage) and then we're definately going to drink our way around! woohooo!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiv View Post
    i worked in the german pavillion the past year (i was on the cultural representative program) and trust me - there are GOOD german wines!!

if you like the sweet ones, go with the "Diva auslese" (for divas among you guys ;o) ) - if you like it dry it would recommend the Estate Dry (!) Riesling
    You are correct about there being good German wines, but I never tried any at the German Pavilion other than the one I mentioned.

Germany definitely produces the best Rieslings IMHO. I'll have to look at for that dry one you mentioned. I enjoy pretty much all types of wine, but my DH isn't a fan of sweet ones tending to prefer the dry ones.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

maxiv is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    You are correct about there being good German wines, but I never tried any at the German Pavilion other than the one I mentioned.

Germany definitely produces the best Rieslings IMHO. I'll have to look at for that dry one you mentioned. I enjoy pretty much all types of wine, but my DH isn't a fan of sweet ones tending to prefer the dry ones.
    If you like it dry dry then you could also try the "Selbach Oster Spätlese" - yes it a spätlese and yes it still is very dry. spätlese's don't necessarily have to be always dry.

the Estate dry riesling is - as i said - also dry but it still has a refreshing and somehow fruity taste to it (fruity and sweet are not the same thing!)

I hope you'll think of me next time you are there

RRMike is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Drinking around the world

I have tried this. I usuly cant get past Germany (Spaten) . Or if going the other way I dont get past United Kingdom. (Guinness) . I will keep trying and report back.
    Last edited by RRMike; 03-10-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast