Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss Drinking around the world in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Did this twice during my College Program days back in 2001. Probably could never do it again. For sure, you have to start in Mexico. That last beer in Canada ...
    UncleKyle is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Drinking around the world

Did this twice during my College Program days back in 2001. Probably could never do it again. For sure, you have to start in Mexico. That last beer in Canada is tough to swallow. Some of the best times I had at Disney through.

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder

The companion bathroom in Morocco comes in handy for a quick nap or some private extended throne hugging!
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Now that is some truly beneficial knowledge. Luckily, I have not been to that point any of the times I have participated in this challenge.

I still think Disney needs a pin or t-shirt as a reward for drinking around the world.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by BusDriver View Post
    I still think Disney needs a pin or t-shirt as a reward for drinking around the world.
    My wife and I did this in December of '07. Luckily for us, we started at the same time as a very large group of people who had made their own shirts and they gave us one! It said "Drinkin' 'Round the World" on the top and had a checklist that you checked off with a sharpie after conquering each pavilion. We had a great time and those people were very nice to include us in their plans.

If we can dream it, we can do it

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

That's an awesome idea!!!

Did the checklist just have each country or did it include a specific drink at each country?
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    My wife and I did this in December of '07. Luckily for us, we started at the same time as a very large group of people who had made their own shirts and they gave us one! It said "Drinkin' 'Round the World" on the top and had a checklist that you checked off with a sharpie after conquering each pavilion. We had a great time and those people were very nice to include us in their plans.
    Dood! That's the year we met up at Le Cellier, you didn't say a thing about this! That is a cool idea.

Seriously, this would be a great idea for one of the fan communities (Lou, are you paying attention?!). Let's create an official drink list and design a shirt. It would be fun to see fans sporting these shirts in the parks and seeing who has the most sharpie checks!
    Ludwig von Baroketch

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'd love to get one of these shirts!
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    Seriously, this would be a great idea for one of the fan communities (Lou, are you paying attention?!). Let's create an official drink list and design a shirt. It would be fun to see fans sporting these shirts in the parks and seeing who has the most sharpie checks!
    Imagine someone getting a DUI while wearing that shirt. That would be a magical experience...for the prosecuting attorney.

Why would I want to imagine that?
    Ludwig von Baroketch

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Why would I want to imagine that?
    So it doesn't happen to you.

Okay, this is taking a weird turn. I do not need to imagine getting a DUI while wearing a "Drinking Around the World" t-shirt in order to not get a DUI while wearing a "Drinking Around the World" t-shirt. No one here is advocating driving under the slightest influence of alcohol, let alone while wearing a "Drinking Around the World" t-shirt. I think we all would agree that that would be wrong, or at least that the shirt should be removed first.
    Ludwig von Baroketch

Von: You're kind of touchy. I was just making an observation.
    BTW: I agree with your sig; it does sound profound.

No, I do not think touchy describes my response. I would use "defensive." Here we are talking about a favorite Disney pastime and a way we could make it more fun, and you suggest a reason why making a shirt is a bad idea (as if driving under the influence was not itself a bad idea).

I was just curious as to why we should interrupt our brainstorm to imagine something irrelevant, improbable, and altogether unpleaseant. I think "touchy" would describe someone who feels compelled to tell others obviously having a good time that, "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt."

I am just making an observation. Glad you like the sig!
    Ludwig von Baroketch

No, I do not think touchy describes my response. I would use "defensive."
    Aren't they synonyms? (touchy & defensive)
    Back to the brainstorming...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast