Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 112
In-Park Games Discuss Drinking around the world in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Yup. That's different....
  1. #91
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Yup. That's different.

  2. #92
    Tim's Avatar
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    227

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Wrong thread!
    Last edited by Tim; 06-27-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Tim

  3. #93
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: Drinking around the world

    What are you talking about?

    Oh...it was a wrong thread.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 06-28-2009 at 11:53 AM.

  4. #94
    SevenSeasLagoon's Avatar
    SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    306

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I've never been to the Publix but I did have to transfer the beer to a plastic cup because of the no glass rules. Gooding's is expensive but it sure beats WDW prices.
    Publix isn't far at all. When you get to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. you turn right and go under I-4, then turn at Little Lake Bryan, the Publix is on the back side of the Orlando Premium Outlets. If you want to turn left at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd there is a Winn-Dixie (I think) up that road.

  5. #95
    morwen's Avatar
    morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    67

    Re: Drinking around the world

    I'm hoping to try this next time I go, which will be the first time since I turned 21. It'll be me my aunt and my sister, who will also be 21, and we'll probably cheat be getting one drink to share. I'd like to know if there's a non beer option at all the countries because I really don't like it.

  6. #96
    Tim's Avatar
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    227

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by morwen View Post
    I'm hoping to try this next time I go, which will be the first time since I turned 21. It'll be me my aunt and my sister, who will also be 21, and we'll probably cheat be getting one drink to share. I'd like to know if there's a non beer option at all the countries because I really don't like it.
    Just beware the sun/alcohol combo. One drink can feel like three when your body is dehydrated from the heat and sun. You can get a mixed drink at every country which certainly qualifies. I've never heard of a beer only drinking around the world game. But the mixed ones are a bit more expensive. One margarita in Mexico could put a kid through college!
    Tim

  7. #97
    bety's Avatar
    bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    One margarita in Mexico could put a kid through college!
    Lol. That's why sharing is good
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music


  8. #98
    zima-cheryl's Avatar
    zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    131

    Re: Drinking around the world

    I guess the question is, are you drinking to try the new things? Or are you drinking 'cause you just want a regular drink?

    Unfortunately if you want to try the different ethnic things (food or drink) you get to pay through the nose @ Epcot. We enjoy trying new things, so we just plan & save a bit more.

    But that said, if I just wanted to kick back w/a glass of wine @ the room, I'd definately be picking it up off property & bringing it in.
    Zima-Cheryl

  9. #99
    bety's Avatar
    bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
    Unfortunately if you want to try the different ethnic things (food or drink) you get to pay through the nose @ Epcot. We enjoy trying new things, so we just plan & save a bit more.

    But that said, if I just wanted to kick back w/a glass of wine @ the room, I'd definately be picking it up off property & bringing it in.
    I totally agree. I usually plan my Disney Vacations quite a few months ahead of time, and I always allow room in my budget for spending A LOT on food, because that's one of the best parts! This year will be my first trip to Disney World since turning 21, so I've got to save extra for alcohol now. And I will definitely be drinking the unique things that I can only get at Disney.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music


  10. #100
    Tim's Avatar
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    227

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I totally agree. I usually plan my Disney Vacations quite a few months ahead of time, and I always allow room in my budget for spending A LOT on food, because that's one of the best parts! This year will be my first trip to Disney World since turning 21, so I've got to save extra for alcohol now. And I will definitely be drinking the unique things that I can only get at Disney.
    We do too. Our budget allows for tons of food and drinks. I don't want to have to watch every penny if I'm hungry.
    Tim

  11. #101
    zima-cheryl's Avatar
    zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    131

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I don't want to have to watch every penny if I'm hungry.
    Or even if I'm not hungry
    Some of the stuff around World Showcase looks sooo good you have to try it no matter how full you think you are!
    Zima-Cheryl

  12. #102
    Tim's Avatar
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    227

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
    Or even if I'm not hungry
    Some of the stuff around World Showcase looks sooo good you have to try it no matter how full you think you are!
    France really won me over this year. Their pastries are so good I can't think of anything that wasn't top notch in those glass cases.
    Tim

  13. #103
    bety's Avatar
    bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    France really won me over this year. Their pastries are so good I can't think of anything that wasn't top notch in those glass cases.
    We had an eclair, chocolate mouse, and a chocolate croissant and split them all. SO GOOD. it was impossible to pick just one!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music


  14. #104
    Tim's Avatar
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    227

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    We had an eclair, chocolate mouse, and a chocolate croissant and split them all. SO GOOD. it was impossible to pick just one!
    Now eating around the world....That would be interesting. You have to eat at least one snack item from each country. I could handle that.
    Tim

  15. #105
    bety's Avatar
    bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Drinking around the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Now eating around the world....That would be interesting. You have to eat at least one snack item from each country. I could handle that.
    It was very fun. I went to Disney World with three girlfriends in December, and we split snacks in the different countries so that we'd actually have room to eat in them all... I think we ate in every country except for Norway and America.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •