Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss Drinking around the world in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; how many people have done this? have you succeeded? im going to try it this year at mousefest, and i have been training for a while now! haha what are ...
    ta2edgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Drinking around the world

how many people have done this? have you succeeded?

im going to try it this year at mousefest, and i have been training for a while now! haha

what are your thoughts on it?

I've never tried it but if I did it would probably kill me. Or I'd make it half way and end up in the restroom for the rest of the day

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think it can be done but you really will have to pace yourself and make is an all day thing. That way it can be fun and also alot safer than making it in an hour.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

yes, defiantly longer than 2.75 hours! haha well i think an evening thing would be best. i dont need that much time, i think 4-5 hours and you would be set.

also does anyone have any input on direction? start at canada, end in mexico?

start in mexico end in canada?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I've heard that starting in Mexico is best because Germany is the undoing of most people and it is better to get it out of the way early.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    I've heard that starting in Mexico is best because Germany is the undoing of most people and it is better to get it out of the way early.
    yeah, ive heard germany is tough, but im not new, i can handle my beer, hence the contest!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Can you do half glasses or share a glass of vino,beer,champange or whatever
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Can you do half glasses or share a glass of vino,beer,champange or whatever
    no i think we have to follow the mike scopa rules and at least finish 75% but i think it should be a full beer in each country, just my suggestion

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yes ive done it,started in mexico with a margarrita then stuck to beer except in france had that orange grand marniner thingy , got to say its pretty tough in 90 degree weather

yeah i bet its pretty tough. i think that it can be a lot of fun, plus if you do it with a few people, weather they be friends or not, they will be at the end!!

mrs pooky is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is the highlight of my DH's trip every year, and he does complete it every year, but with one cheat. He does not have a beer in America because he can get that anytime, but he usually has more than one in Great Britain and/or Germany.

It is an all day event, and he plans his snacks and meals accordingly.
    2004 All Star Movies
    2005 Caribbean Beach
    2006 Grand Gathering Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007 POFQ again
    2008 First DVC at OKW
    2009 2nd DVC BCV!!!!!!
    :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know this is an old post, but I was amazed to see this on here. I have a great friend that was a CM and he told me about drinking around the world. I have done it twice, once with him and once on 12-31-1999. Was in the park all day until after midnight and had to do something to pass the time. That was the easier time as I had plenty of time, and from the looks of some, company.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I say you should do drinking around the world as quickly as possible, before the drink catches up with you, if you know what I mean... I would start in Mexico, because you know what they say, "Beer before liquor, never been sicker, liquor before, beer, you're in the clear."

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder
    OK everyone here seems to Know what to do except... Me.
    Can someone please break this whole thing down so that I might be caught up?
    Mouseka-please?
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tony,

This is the way it was explained to me by a friend that is a former CM:

In the World Showcase in Epcot, you have to buy and drink an adult beverage in every country as you walk around the showcase. Now in reading some of the posts on here, there are some that would say you have to drink a beer in every country. But in some countries, there are other options with wine and liquor. My friend explained it as the signature drink or drink made in each country. You can't drink a bud light at each country.

There is not an official list that I know of so I guess that leaves it up to the individual as to what the signature drink and/or preference would be in each country. The key is to finish the drink from each country.

Mexico = Margarita
    Japan = Sake
    Germany = dark beer
    France = Wine

Hope this helps.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast