Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
In-Park Games Discuss Spotting Brits in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; This is one reason why I love Disney World so much. Where else could you meet so many different types of people, from so many different types of places, all ...
    PulchraPuella is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is one reason why I love Disney World so much. Where else could you meet so many different types of people, from so many different types of places, all together, enjoying the same show, ride, or restaurant? It's truly universal.
    "Henry, he did it again! Go over and give that neighbor of ours what for!" -The Carousel of Progress

yensid77 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well I can say that me and my fiance have enjoyed a few games of spot the Brit in the parks. I think I'm cleared on the negative aspects of the game since she is British herself... it's a lot of fun.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    OOoooohhhh I LOVE the U.S accent!! It doesn't sound course at all Meg!!!!! Me and my Mum love sitting and listening to "y'all" speak, it's great. I fell in love with the way a tiny little American boy was saying "goofy" on our last trip!!
    I can also spot other Brits around the parks, they are usually sunburned and wearing inappropriate footwear

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love sitting on a bench watching people go by and listening to what they are saying. My favorite place is the sitting area by Canada.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Spotting Brits

The easiest way to spot them is the bad lobster-red sunburn, the football tops and the way they stride out down I-drive! Oh and the vastly unsuitable swimwear they sport at the water parks.....I'm not perfect myself but sometimes I am embarrassed to be English!

On one trip, a mutual friend introduced us to an American family. The Mum said to her little girl "Gee honey, more folks who speak like Harry Podder!" At which point we hastily assured her that Harry Potter sounds a lot more cultured than we do....
    Last edited by Stitchgirl1; 04-02-2009 at 06:29 PM.

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder

So I know this is a bit of an aside as it's not Brits in WDW but DLP but I loved hearing all the different accents and languages spoken when we went to Disneyland Paris last year - and that certainly included Brits at DLP, lol.

I'd just smile everytime I heard a little Brit or Italian kid speak - so cool.

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

What about if your at a water park. I usually can tell someone is not from america b/c they are wearing a SKIMPY SPEDOS. it grosses me out. Its like you can see their whole package. EWWWWW!!!!

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder

my brother would absolutly love this haha

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12