Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
In-Park Games Discuss Joke on first timers in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Ok so we got this to work on a couple first timers on different occasions. Its something my family always tries to pull when going with people who have never ...
    BrngBakDrmFndr is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Joke on first timers

Ok so we got this to work on a couple first timers on different occasions. Its something my family always tries to pull when going with people who have never been.

First you must plant in their head the idea that Disney uses animatronics for everything in their park. Take them on things like the Tiki Room and say "these were disneys first attempts at animatronic figures, they have gotten a lot better now". Then when you see a real bird in a park act all excited and say something like "Wow! Look at how advanced these animatronic birds are. You can barely see the wires running up their legs" The first timers will be squinting and staring so hard trying to see these wires. The look on their face when the first bird flies away is priceless.
    Nothing is more powerful than the imagination. For it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare.
    Some imagination, huh ha!!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Are you trying to tell us that first timers wouldn't recognize a real pigeon if they saw one?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BrngBakDrmFndr is offline A-Ticket holder

Suprisingly not. I find first timers like to believe the magic of disney extends to every aspect of the park
    Nothing is more powerful than the imagination. For it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare.
    Some imagination, huh ha!!

aGoofyMom is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BrngBakDrmFndr View Post
    Ok so we got this to work on a couple first timers on different occasions. Its something my family always tries to pull when going with people who have never been.

First you must plant in their head the idea that Disney uses animatronics for everything in their park. Take them on things like the Tiki Room and say "these were disneys first attempts at animatronic figures, they have gotten a lot better now". Then when you see a real bird in a park act all excited and say something like "Wow! Look at how advanced these animatronic birds are. You can barely see the wires running up their legs" The first timers will be squinting and staring so hard trying to see these wires. The look on their face when the first bird flies away is priceless.
    Dang - wouldn't work for us...they all know the story of the duck at AK that flew into the side of DH's head.
    We were strolling across a bridge just as a few ducks were taking flight. DH was the tallest on the bridge and the duck just flew into his head, knocked the hat off him and kept going. Everyone stopped and stared before the chuckling started...
    Donna

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BrngBakDrmFndr View Post

Haha thats funny i am going to have to try that
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Don't tell someone that the Maelstrom and Expedition Everest go backwards...it would be a fun surprise
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Ok, I need to know. What is "The Beverly"?

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    you have to sit on the side that his knee is up (I think it's the right side, if your facing him) I told my mom about it but not my bff. she jumped like 20 ft... it was so funny. thou I didn't know about the water at the time, oops.

Is this something new? I'm looking at a picture right now of me sitting on the right side of Goofy (if your looking at him) from a trip my wife and I took in 2000. I don't remember him talking or squirting his flower. Unfortunately the last time we were there (Sept. 2010) his area was covered up for repairs. I wanted to retake the picture with my son. Wouldn't we have been surprised if he talked and squirted!

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney.Gen.2.0 View Post
    Ok, I need to know. What is "The Beverly"?
    Beverly is the Italian version of coke and it really bitter and not very good. And it is always funny seeing first timers face when they drink it.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

The cruelest trick?

Show them how little park admission cost twenty years ago.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

tarzangoofster is offline A-Ticket holder

This one worked better before the refurb of Haunted Mansion, when they took out the screams near the end. I would tell my first timer friends to really pay close attention to the tombstones on the left as we entered the graveyard (Grim Grinning Ghosts) scene. Of course back then there was a loud startling scream that went along with the ghost faces that jumped up from behind the graves, and they always jumped out of their skin. It usually ended up with me being hit though.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by Disney.Gen.2.0 View Post
    Is this something new? I'm looking at a picture right now of me sitting on the right side of Goofy (if your looking at him) from a trip my wife and I took in 2000. I don't remember him talking or squirting his flower. Unfortunately the last time we were there (Sept. 2010) his area was covered up for repairs. I wanted to retake the picture with my son. Wouldn't we have been surprised if he talked and squirted!
    ok so I was at the park 2 months ago and I found out he TALKS not squirts his flower (so many things squirt water in WDW its easy to get things confused lol) You have to sit in the correct spot to get him to talk which is like right up against him. If you look between the boards on the bench you can see the "button" thing.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder

I went with a large group one time and all the first timers split off, and asked me what to do as a WDW Vet, and I told them to go on sounds dangerous becasue it was the most fun thing to do as WDW by far... and they did, they're reactions coming back were amazing.
    BellHopper:
    Isn't WDW just a people trap operated by a mouse?

D23 Charter Member

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

When I was 16, I went with a bunch of friends and stayed at ASMu & ALS. I told my one very gullible friend that all the tall figures come to life at night and she believed me...

...the same girl also couldn't figure out why Winnie the Pooh wouldn't talk to her (she told me he was "Very rude" for not answering her questions)...I told her he only talks to kids 3 and under, and she said she could totally see why. It took her another day to realize that characters in full costume don't talk because, clearly, they don't sound like their character.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345