Your Walt Disney World Information Station
In-Park Games Discuss Which book to buy?? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I know most on this site are partial to Lou's book, but I was just deciding between the Hidden Mickeys by Stephen Barrett, The Disney Queue Line Survival Guide, and ...
    mdurigan is offline A-Ticket holder

Which book to buy??

I know most on this site are partial to Lou's book, but I was just deciding between the Hidden Mickeys by Stephen Barrett, The Disney Queue Line Survival Guide, and Lou's First trivia book. I want a book that will be light to carry around but will provide the most varied entertainment in lines and the park (hidden mickeys, attraction trivia, etc.)

Robuclafan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    For a book to carry in the park I would go with Hidden Mickey's. It is made to slip in your back pocket.
    My WDW visits:
    1972, 1973, 1974
    Nov 29-Dec 10, 2004 All-Star Movies
    Oct 2-Oct 14, 2005 All-Star Sports
    Nov 26-Dec 4, 2007 All-Star Sports
    Feb 24-27/Mar 3-10, 2011 Pop Century

Feb 27-Mar 3, 2011 Cruise with Lou

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Probably the Hidden Mickeys in the Parks. Defintiely Lou's two books for the drive or flight to WDW.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree. I keep the hidden mickey's book with me while in the parks. Lou's books/audio guides are perfect for trip anticipation and general Disney-fixes.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    First off, I love all three of the books you mentioned, and all of them are good for the Disney fan.

For variety of entertainment and a good guide to the attractions, The Disney Queue Line Survival Guide has both. Games include trivia, scavenger hunts, puzzles, word searches, etc. and the Guide part has an overview of each attraction, restrictions, things to be aware of (loud noises, darkness, etc.), helpful hints, info for the disabled, and things to look for in the queue. BUT it is the largest and heaviest of the three books you are considering.

The Hidden Mickeys book is focused entirely on hidden Mickeys. It is arranged as scavenger hunts through each park, with one section of just the hunt, then a section with more clues to help find the ones on the hunt. You can use the index to find a specific attraction or place to see if there are any hiding nearby. It is the smallest (4" x 9", 220 pages) and lightest of the three books. But as for varied entertainment, Mickey spotting is about it.

The Walt Disney World Trivia Book by Lou Mongello is arranged as multiple choice trivia questions, divided by each park. The questions are given in the first part of each chapter, and then the answers with detailed explanations are in the second part of each chapter. There are some fun "Did you Know?" facts scattered throughout. But again, you pretty much get trivia and no other activities. The book is the same 5.5" x 8.5" as The Disney Queue Line Survival Guide, but just over half as thick (224 vs. 386 pages).

Hope that helps you decide which book is best for you.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mdurigan is offline A-Ticket holder
    thanks everyone!

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    I agree. I keep the hidden mickey's book with me while in the parks. Lou's books/audio guides are perfect for trip anticipation and general Disney-fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Probably the Hidden Mickeys in the Parks. Defintiely Lou's two books for the drive or flight to WDW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robuclafan View Post
    For a book to carry in the park I would go with Hidden Mickey's. It is made to slip in your back pocket.
    Agreed.
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

Chloebell is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Which book to buy??

Hidden Mickeys is cool, and even includes some scavenger hunts.

I would get that if I was you
    Chloe
    England

I LOVE , , , , , and .

I'm ADDICTED to my and

dischick110 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    counting how many times better summer would be if i was in WDW

Re: Which book to buy??

i only have the HM guide, and all it has is HMs. but its easy to carry. i liked the unofficial guide (but not for carrying in the parks!!!), and then i tore out the iteneraries in the back. hope this helps!

if i had a $1 million, i'd buy a lifetime pass to WDW, a room in every resort (sometimes i can't decide!) and a private jet to get me there!