Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
In-Park Games Discuss Cigar Store Indian Photos! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by buccool Whats so special about the indian? because he's an Indian of course!!!...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by buccool
    Whats so special about the indian?

because he's an Indian of course!!!

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    Is he a statue?
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    The Indian Lives!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Nothing special, really, I just wanted to get people to pose for a picture and I had one of the Indian (one of the Indians anyway) so I chose that!

~Selena

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    There are definitely two indians, one on the east side of Main Street, and one on the south side of frontierland. i took pics of both when I was there on sunday just to clarify this confusion if it was still going on when i got back. i'll post the pics when i get back to my apartment later this afternoon (i'm in a school computer lab right now). Unfortunately I was by myself when i took those pics, and didn't really care to hand my camera to a stranger to take one of me. i'm kinda overprotective of my cam... it's my camera! (Cue seagulls, and... Action! "Mine?" "Mine?" "Mine?" )

***You know, I just found that Nemo smilie a moment ago, and was looking for an excuse to use it. I'd never noticed it before then either. And what's funny is that my first reaction upon finding it was, "hey look, i found Nemo!" ***
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!

The one on main street (as you can see pretty clearly from the pic), is located just outside the Main Street Markethouse.

This one I didn't get much of a background on (i was too busy running to Fantasyland to catch Wishes after getting in one last ride on Splash Mtn and happened to see this guy as I ran by and just grabbed a quick shot), but he is outside the general store (the candy inside the store in the background gave it away for me).

It's kinda like one of those "how many differences can you find between these two pictures?" games...
    -Don-

And yet they are both still different than the one in MJ's pic. Hmmm... there has to be more Indians. The bases look to be movable, rather than anchored into the sidewalk, and looking at MJs pic and the background, it appears that she was in pretty much the same location as my first pic, but just around that corner. I think that there was (or is?) another Indian right around the corner, and that was probably where she posed with it. I'm going to have to investigate into this disappearing/reappearing indian thing again very soon. I am very much intrigued.
    -Don-

No wait! I got it! Mystery Indian Identified!!!! Call the papers! Stop the press! It was the butler in the billiards room with the candlestick! I figured it out! Someone give me a cookie!

Upon closer inspection of MJs indian pic, I realized that I was having trouble reading the shop window behind her. I enlarged it a bit and realized that it was written backwards... as if the pic was mirrored. So I downloaded the pic to my computer, opened it in a photo editing program, flipped it once horizontally, and was able to read "Jam's and Jellies" off the store window. It was the Main Street MarketHouse, exactly in the same spot as where I had taken it, only looking at it from a slightly different angle. I don't know how the picture ended up being flipped like that, but that explains why I couldn't read the window and why the indian was facing the wrong direction!

Here's proof. This next pic is the same indian as my first photograph, from another angle (i took a couple).

Now compare it to MJs mystery Indian, with the picture flipped horizontally.
    Voila! Your phantom Indian!

Mystery solved!
    Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week.
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 09-13-2005 at 09:17 PM.
    -Don-

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Okay, so my Indian was definitely the bottom one (the one in Frontierland). But I'm glad it's clarified now. Good job guys!

~Selena

emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder
    LMMEO, I just posted a pic with the Indian on the In-Park Jokes thread. I didn't even know about this thread!

Check me out.
    George Bob Skippy S.I.R.
    June 20, 1995 - October 11, 2003

Bon Voyage

"...for once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned..." -Belle

disneyc is offline B-Ticket Holder
    BUMP

here's one of me with the frontierland one

Quote Originally Posted by disneyc View Post
    BUMP

here's one of me with the frontierland one
    This thread lives! You have officially revived it! I remember playing CSI on that photo of MJ, trying (way too hard, for some reason) to solve the mystery of the opposite facing Indian.

Great pic, by the way. And thanks to your revival of this thread, I'm suddenly finding myself wanting to go take pictures of random things in the Magic Kingdom. Maybe I'll make friends with the baseball player outside of Casey's the next time I'm wandering down Main Street, USA.
    -Don-

disneyc is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I started a thread for baseball statue pictures. If we have one for the indian, why not the baseball players!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyc View Post
    I started a thread for baseball statue pictures. If we have one for the indian, why not the baseball players!
    Well now I REALLY need to get back down there then, don't I?

I was going to go last Thursday, but then I had a flight show up on my schedule for that evening. So then I planned on going this Wednesday (tomorrow)... but now I'm scheduled for another flight tomorrow afternoon.

But I DO have three days off next week, so I'm fairly certain I can get back down there sometime in the next week. And I sure as heck better, 'cause I'm getting anxious!!!
    -Don-

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Yep............I got an Indian Photo too[IMG]

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12