Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
In-Park Games Discuss The Magic Race (Amazing Race, Disney-style) in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; i love this idea .. i think jim and i will make one up for my parents when we go to WDW w/ them in November, all 4 of us ...
    Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wink

i love this idea ..
    i think jim and i will make one up for my parents when we go to WDW w/ them in November, all 4 of us LOVE The Amazing Race.

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

jackk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow........ Great its good yaar....so beautiful na...but The Magic Race shield is not a new thing for the candidate.you can see....ptnauticmodel.net/fotos/displayimage.php?album=85&pos=4

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just found this game and it's something that I have been doing for a while! I am also a huge fan of The Amazing Race and what we do is before going to the Magic Kingdom we'll seperate into teams of two and each team has to make a list of things that the other team must do in one land. The rule is when they are doing that thing they have to take a picture of them doing that specific event. Every team gets one "pass", but then must do something in the same land to replace that. Most people use their pass if they are told to watch Hall of Presidents. People are also told to do a detour in each land, where they have a choice between two activities. These ones they can not pass. So it'd be, either ride the barnstormer or meet Mickey. It's a lot of fun and I strongly recommend playing it in the parks!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

luvsfigment is offline A-Ticket holder
    On our last trip, we were going to get on the first raft to Tom Sawyer Island, split into 3 teams, and compete to find the paintbrush Amazing Race style. Then my sister broke her foot and was cruising around in an ECV and we had to scrap the plan. I still think it would be fun though!

D23

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsfigment View Post
    On our last trip, we were going to get on the first raft to Tom Sawyer Island, split into 3 teams, and compete to find the paintbrush Amazing Race style. Then my sister broke her foot and was cruising around in an ECV and we had to scrap the plan. I still think it would be fun though!

Paintbrush eh.............?

What if all three teams found one?

dischick110 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    counting how many times better summer would be if i was in WDW

Re: The Magic Race (Amazing Race, Disney-style)

this sounds like a lot of park hopping--make sure you get the PH option!

if i had a $1 million, i'd buy a lifetime pass to WDW, a room in every resort (sometimes i can't decide!) and a private jet to get me there!

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

In the Amazing race a team will get the chance to U-turn a team. In the Disney game instead U-turn the chosen team will wait in a major attaction line and not to fast pass the line.

kermitdefrog is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Stage 1 - Meet at the Boardwalk Lobby

Quote Originally Posted by carpedm View Post
    Leg 1: Proceed from the Boardwalk lobby to the hat sized at 605 7/8. Provide proof that you were there.

Leg 2: Detour- Drop or Rock. Ride RnR and write down the parking level the coaster boards on, or ride ToT and write down the name of the inspector who last inspected the elevators on Oct 31, 1939.

Leg 3: Find the fountain with Miss Piggy. Make note of the statue, then proceed to the Magic Kingdom.

Leg 4: Roadblock- Each team member (over 13 years old) must get two FastPasses to two different attractions without doubling up (so if a team has 2 people over 13, this means 4 different attractions).

Leg 5: Pit Stop- Proceed to the Main Street store that specializes in what Miss Piggy was holding in her hand.

For the next stage, teams will leave the starting point in the order they arrived at the Pit Stop, spaced 5 minutes apart. No teams will be eliminated this way, and everyone stays in the running since the lead team will never get more than 5 minutes ahead to start.

Also note that the roadblock is modified to include all team members. I figured this would keep everyone involved.

What do you think?
    This will throw a few people off. Miss Piggy is holding something in both of her hands. Which hand are you talking about?
    Eh, I'll find a signature later.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

I am going to try and host one of these on July 17, 2010 in the Magic Kingdom. Stop by my website, From Screen to Theme: Brent Dodge's Book Series About Everything Disney® for more info in the future! If all goes well, it should be fun!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

oswaldtherabbit is offline A-Ticket holder

Here is my full version of The Magic Race, complete with ten legs!

Leg 1: Magic Kingdom
    STARTING LINE: Transportation and Ticket Center
    TASK: Make your way to the Magic Kingdom. Find your next clue at Tony’s Town Square.
    TASK: Find your next clue at the Enchanted Tiki Room.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must eat three entire Dole Whips. When you finish, you get your next clue.
    TASK: Find your next clue at Cosmic Ray’s.
    DETOUR: Either ride Space Mountain twice or see Stitch’s Great Escape. When you finish, you get your next clue.
    PIT STOP: Find your first Pit Stop at Tomorrowland Speedway.

Leg 2: Future World
    TASK: Make your way by Monorail or bus to Epcot. Find Innoventions for your next clue.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must ride Sum of All Thrills on the maximum setting.
    TASK: Find your next clue outside The Land.
    DETOUR: Either ride Soarin’ on the standby line or ride both Mission: SPACE and Spaceship Earth
    PIT STOP: Make your way to the main tank at The Seas. The pit stop is located here.

Leg 3: World Showcase
    TASK: Make your way to the Germany Pavilion and find your next clue near the trains.
    DETOUR: Either find the small Donald figurine in the model train city and photograph him or get a picture with the real Donald in the Mexico Pavilion.
    TASK: Go to the Outpost and open the Coca Cola container to get your next clue.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must go to The American Adventure and buy a funnel cake. They then must find their teammate, who is somewhere in the Canada Pavilion, and give them the cake.
    PIT STOP: Make your way to Maelstrom and ride it. Outside the exit is the Pit Stop.

Leg 4: Hollywood Studios
    TASK: Make your way to Hollywood Studios by the International Gateway. Find your next clue at Mickey’s of Hollywood.
    DETOUR: Either ride Tower of Terror or Rock N’ Roller Coaster. When you’re finished riding, make your way to Star Tours for your next clue.
    ROADBLOCK: One person must ride Toy Story Midway Mania and score more than 125,000 points. If they don’t, they have to ride again.
    TASK/PIT STOP: Go to One Man’s Dream and take a picture of Walt Disney’s riding desk. Then make your way to the Sorcerer’s Hat, the Pit Stop for this leg. You must show the picture to complete the leg.

Leg 5: Downtown Disney
    TASK: Make your way by bus to Downtown Disney. Find your first clue at Rainforest Café.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must go into World of Disney and find a stuffed Figment. Take a picture of it and use it to get your next clue.
    TASK: Go to Fulton’s Crab House and name a former Pleasure Island club to get your next clue.
    DETOUR: Either go to Wetzel’s Pretzels and eat an entire serving of pretzel bites or go to Earl of Sandwich and eat an entire sandwich.
    PIT STOP: Make your way to the Pit Stop at DisneyQuest.

Leg 6: Water Parks
    TASK: Make your way by bus to Typhoon Lagoon.
    DETOUR: Either ride Crush N’ Gusher or go down two of the Storm Slides.
    TASK: Make your way by bus to Blizzard Beach.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must go down Summit Plummit.
    PIT STOP: Make your way to the Pit Stop at Winter Summerland Mini Golf Course.

Leg 7: Resorts
    TASK: Make your way by bus to the Yacht Club. Find a Hidden Mickey on the globe in the lobby to get your next clue.
    DETOUR: Either get your face painted on the Boardwalk or get your caricature done inside the lobby of the Swan.
    TASK: Make your way by bus to the All-Star Resorts and find Woody to get your next clue.
    TASK: Make your way to Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge to get your next clue.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must take pictures of five animals on the savannah to get your next clue.
    PIT STOP: Find the Pit Stop at the Mickey Mouse phone in Pop Century Resort.

Leg 8: Animal Kingdom
    TASK: Make your way to Animal Kingdom. Find the Yak and Yeti for your next clue.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must eat an entire plate of fried green beans to get your next clue.
    DETOUR: Either win at three carnival games in Dino-Rama! or photograph three spirit houses in Maharajah Jungle Trek.
    FAST FORWARD (optional): Ride Expedition Everest to advance straight to the Pit Stop. Only one team can complete this task.
    TASK: Ride Kali River Rapids, and find your next clue at the exit.
    PIT STOP: Find the Pit Stop at the Tree of Life.

Leg 9: Resorts Part 2
    TASK: Make your way by bus to the TTC.
    DETOUR: Either find and photograph the five-legged goat in the Contemporary Resort’s Grand Canyon mural, or take a picture of the Grand Floridian lobby from the glass elevator.
    TASK: Make your way to the Polynesian, and find your next clue at ‘Ohana.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must make their way by monorail to the Wilderness Lodge and find and photograph a Hidden Mickey.
    PIT STOP: Make your way to the Pit Stop at Chef Mickey’s.

Leg 10: Magic Kingdom Part 2 (Final Leg)
    TASK: Make your way by bus or monorail to the Magic Kingdom and find your next clue outside Splash Mountain.
    ROADBLOCK: One team member must find and eat a turkey leg from a stand.
    TASK: Make your way to Mickey’s Philharmagic.
    TASK: Both team members must ride all Fantasyland rides in order by the year the movie they were based on came out. They much record this by video or pictures. If they are correct, they get their clue.
    FINISH LINE: Make your way to the Finish Line at Cinderella Castle. The first team to cross the line wins!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123