Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
In-Park Games Discuss Lost World Photo Hunt in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; You're right MBabe - I believe that whole showboat at the end and all it's characters were part of that very DL show....
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You're right MBabe - I believe that whole showboat at the end and all it's characters were part of that very DL show.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

In today's MousePlanet's mailbag, a note to Mike Scopa says that the Dreamfinder's vehicle from the original Journey into Imagination is now located int the Mouse Gear shop in Epcot.

It also notes that Mr. Scopa is working on an article about where 'recycled' pieces of lost attractions are located. That should be a good read!
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 11-04-2004 at 01:50 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    That fun bit of trivia can also be found in the Epcot trivia section of this site.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

FAST FACT: Dreamfinder's flying machine from the original "Journey Into Imagination" attraction was relocated here as a prop for a brief period of time.
    OK, it took some hunting in the trivia section to find it. "For a brief period of time" - does that mean it is not there anymore?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I saw it there the last time I was there a few months ago. I'll look and see if I can find a picture of it and post it here for you

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    What a fun idea - a lot of these tributes (like the Horizons logo and Mr. Toad appearance) I never knew about. The last time I checked I think there were still parts of 20,000 Leages Under the Sea still submerged in that body of water the attraction was in. I will have to look again the next time I am there and get pictures if they are still there.

My 50th post! YEAH! Now I have a B ticket!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Sorry, Princess, but the 20,000 Leagues lagoon is now drained & filled in with dirt.

There are photos in the gallery, under Magic Kingdom: Fantasyland.
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...ssword=&page=2

The area is 'being prepared for your future enjoyment', but no definite announcement as to what exactly we will be 'enjoying' there.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

It was about time they got rid of that stuff from the ride out of that lake. I always thought it suprizing that it stayed there as long as it did. Any thoughts on why they did not just change 20,000 into a Little Mermaid or Nemo ride? I think that would have been a good idea - better than a Pooh and pals playground.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

carpedm is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    It was about time they got rid of that stuff from the ride out of that lake. I always thought it suprizing that it stayed there as long as it did. Any thoughts on why they did not just change 20,000 into a Little Mermaid or Nemo ride? I think that would have been a good idea - better than a Pooh and pals playground.
    This is purely conjecture, but I believe the problem with the submarine ride was high maintenance costs coupled with a low-capacity attraction. I don't think they ever found a way around those problems, so converting the ride to a Little Mermaid or Nemo theme would have had the same issues.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Carpe,

Your conjecture is right on the money. All those reasons, plus lack of handicap accessibilty and an inability to keep the lagoon from becoming too murky all added up to the sounding of the death knell for Captain Nemo and his crew. Plus, you can't sell a lot of 20K Leagues merchandise, which as we all know, does not bode well in Disney's eyes.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Oh, I didn't know they had problems keeping the water clean. I figured that they didn't sell a lot of merchandise for it because it was an older movie that most people haven't seen. I remember the ride , but I was pretty young when they closed it. Anybody know what year it was when they closed it?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

carpedm is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    Anybody know what year it was when they closed it?
    I believe it closed "for renovations" on September 5, 1994.

Oh, so it closed "for renovations" and never reopened? Maybe that's why it sat in that body of water for so long before they started taring it down!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

*Imagineer* is offline A-Ticket holder
    Actually Princess Jas your not too far off, there was at one time a little mermaid themed attraction idea planned for that area but someone else had the idea of landfilling it to death, and saving the land for a E - ticket attraction sometime within the next ten years... The idea was moved over to the Studios.. but we all now how those attractions worked out, midway madness, great muppet movie ride ect ect.

Anyway im rambling and getting off topic

There is 20,000 tribute in that "pooh park".. inside one of the trees, there is a mark supposed to look like a regular tree mark (? )but is in the shape of one of the famous nautilius submarines
    Last edited by *Imagineer*; 09-01-2006 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *Imagineer* View Post
    Actually Princess Jas your not too far off, there was at one time a little mermaid themed attraction idea planned for that area but someone else had the idea of landfilling it to death, and saving the land for a E - ticket attraction sometime within the next ten years... The idea was moved over to the Studios.. but we all now how those attractions worked out, midway madness, great muppet movie ride ect ect.

Anyway im rambling and getting off topic

There is 20,000 tribute in that "pooh park".. inside one of the trees, there is a mark supposed to look like a regular tree mark (? )but is in the shape of one of the famous nautilius submarines
    Auctaully there is a blue submarine glued to the floor just as you walk through the little arch thing
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast