Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Photo Contests Discuss Contest #22 - Best Night Photo of Cinderella Castle in the Photo Gallery and Contests forums; Here's my Entry - it was taken in September of 2006...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Here's my Entry - it was taken in September of 2006

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Pretty picture! Luckily the big ugly mirror is in the dark!

I like the stars.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Ok, it took me some time to find a picture to submit for this contest. I have so many pictures of the castle at night, that what should have been an easy contest for me to contribute to turned out to be a real challenge in deciding which picture to use. At first I was going to use some of my favorite shots from Wishes, but then kinda like how Melissa said she wanted her pic to focus on the castle and not the fireworks, I backed off of all of my favorite Wishes shots one by one until I decided I needed to try something different altogether. I then sorted through a ton of different angles, different ranges, all nighttime Cinderella Castle shots, finding none I thought to be unique enough to make my contribution stand out.

So then I tried something different - I took my camera down to the park last weekend and actually went inside the castle and started taking pictures depicting things like the murals and high vaulted ceilings, all the while capturing details in the background to add validity to the nighttime aspect, such as Cinderella's Golden Carrousel all lit up and spinning in the distance. These turned out quite nice (some of them), but unfortunately the volume of people passing through the castle on that evening made this extremely difficult to get pictures that didn't have "ghosts" walking through them or that sort of thing. There was even one family inconsiderate enough that as soon as I was all set up in the corner, as far out of the way as I could possibly get, that they decided that the best place to stand and eat their ice creams was directly in front of my tripod. Grrr.....!

So... I decided not to use anything I got on that trip either. I was even just about ready to give up and just fall back one of my earlier-dismissed Wishes shots, when I stumbled blindly into good fortune. Last night, while my girlfriend and I were passing through the Tomorrowland Terrace on our way to Main Street for dinner, she happened to look up and ask if I had taken any pictures from that angle recently (she knew I was looking for a more unique nighttime castle shot). I told her I did, but humored her by taking a moment to analyze the potential shot. And I was glad I did. The sun had just set, meaning Main Street and the castle were all lit up, but the sky was still light and brightly colored with pinks, blues, purples and oranges. The pastel pinks of the clouds in particular were near-heavenly, and I just sort of realized that this had to be it. Unfortunately, by the time I got everything out of my bag and all set up, just about all of the pretty pink clouds had already drifted too far to the East and out of the picture, and the lighting had changed on the castle (you know how the colors and lighting are constantly changing) and no longer contrasted the sky quite as well. But I tried a few shots anyway, messing with a few different settings in each one, and got a couple I thought I was really going to like. In fact, I was so confident in those pictures coming out great (even before I saw them on my laptop) that I didn't bother to take another picture of the castle all night.

So, here I am now, and I did in fact decide on one of those pictures from last night, so I guess after today it's going to be up to you guys to decide just how much YOU like it, never mind what I think of it. The best of luck to all who entered. The castle at night is such a strikingly beautiful monument - there are so many fantastic shots submitted already. It's going to be a good, close race I think.
    I'll stay tuned for the results.

Last edited by Stitch; 02-21-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

Pink Castle At Night

I Belle
    Maggie

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    So, here I am now, and I did in fact decide on one of those pictures from last night, so I guess after today it's going to be up to you guys to decide just how much YOU like it, never mind what I think of it. The best of luck to all who entered. The castle at night is such a strikingly beautiful monument - there are so many fantastic shots submitted already. It's going to be a good, close race I think.
    I'll stay tuned for the results.
    Awesome shot!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'll throw this one into the field. I've had some difficulty uploading it and it's not as sharp as the original version.

-Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    These are beautiful!!!!

I think I'm gonna cry
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    There are certianly some beautiful photographs here, great shots everyone!!!

I've found one I can share....

What amazes me is that there is such a diverse group of photos of the same castle.

This is going to be very hard to choose!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 01-22-2007 at 10:37 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

DanO is offline A-Ticket holder
    Here is my submission.
    Last edited by DanO; 01-22-2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Inserted photo, instead of attached thumbnail.
    DanO
    Jun '91 - Caribbean Beach
    Sep '92 - Caribbean Beach
    May '97 - All Star Sports
    Oct '98 - Port Orleans
    Nov '01 - All Star Music
    Dec '02 - All Star Music
    Dec '05 - Pop Century
    Oct '06 - Pop Century
    Dec '06 - Pop Century
    Sep '07 - All Star Music
    Oct '08 - Pop Century
    Upcoming - Nov '09 - Pop Century

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    Here is my submission.
    WOW!!! Great shot!!!!!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DanO is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks BamaJen!
    DanO
    Jun '91 - Caribbean Beach
    Sep '92 - Caribbean Beach
    May '97 - All Star Sports
    Oct '98 - Port Orleans
    Nov '01 - All Star Music
    Dec '02 - All Star Music
    Dec '05 - Pop Century
    Oct '06 - Pop Century
    Dec '06 - Pop Century
    Sep '07 - All Star Music
    Oct '08 - Pop Century
    Upcoming - Nov '09 - Pop Century

stunrut is offline A-Ticket holder
    Here's two during the Not So Scary Halloween Party!

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't wipe your friends on the couch.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Welcome to DWT stunrut!

Beautiful photo, unfortunately the submission phase of this contest is completre and the poll will be posted shortly.

Please enter our next contest that will begin shortly after this contest is over.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12