Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Photo Contests Discuss I Want Your Opinion in the Photo Gallery and Contests forums; I am thinking about something different in the voting structure for the next contest. In the poll options I can allow people to vote for more then 1 picture. However, ...
    ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland

I Want Your Opinion

I am thinking about something different in the voting structure for the next contest.

In the poll options I can allow people to vote for more then 1 picture. However, I cannot limit the number of votes each person can do.

I was thinking it would be nice to allow people to vote for 3 pictures in each contest. But how do we make sure people only vote for 3, other then the honor system.

There is another option I could enable. It would enable everyone to see who you voted for - this way we could easily see if a person voted for more then 3.

What do you think? Would this loss of annominity detract?

Please let me know what you think.

RU

PS - I know we have thought about using the ranking within the photo album system. I might look into that too.

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I don't think it's a bad thing to see who voted for who. And there's no shame in voting for your own picture.

I like the idea of being able to vote for more than one picture. I often have my pick narrowed down to 2 or 3 pics.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

kevlightyear is offline A-Ticket holder
    What would be the advantages of letting people vote for three entries?

I have no problem if people see who I voted for, but do we really need so many votes?

Just curious.
    ~SuperKevin

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have no problem with public voting either. The only thing that slightly concerns me about being able to cast multiple votes is that it will increase the statistical likelihood of more ties for first place. …Then again the contest is supposed to be all in good fun, so I don’t really see the harm.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I have voted in the contests before and to be honest, there have been more than 1 that I really liked. Maybe instead of 1 or 3 votes, only 2 votes allowed. Dosen't it all depend also on the # of entries?

I would just like to beable to upload pictures for the contest myself.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Zcook - you make a good point. The # of votes would need to be dependent on the number of entries. What that ratio is I have no idea, but a very good point.

Kev - again a very good point. I guess part of it is being different. I know lots of times there are a couple I would like to vote for. I guess having more votes would increase the over all totals and the larger scale 'feels' like a greater win. It is hard to put into words.

I guess Kev brings up a good question. Seems people are comfortable having more then 1 vote and people seem comfortable having the voting public. But the question should be asked - do you think increasing the votes is a good idea.

zcook - Have you read my thread on this http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...read.php?t=811
    Try followign that guide and if you have problems you can post question in the Photo Gallery section. We want to have everyone that wants to be involved to be able to be involved.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Don't see a problem at all with increase votes or public voting. I would leave it open to say you can vote for 'up to X number of pics'. If there are only two you like just got for the two.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I guess I am a minority. I like anonoymous voting.

Maybe we could do multiple votes to narrow the field and then a single vote for the final.

What if a mamber gets three votes, can he vote three times for the one he likes? If so then those who spread thier votes out will not carry as much weight.

Just thinking...
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom