Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Photo Contests Discuss Future Contest Stuff - Need Input in the Photo Gallery and Contests forums; How about "The Flora and Fauna of WDW" .... not restricting it to the Flower and Garden show since not everyone has visited during that time....
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    How about "The Flora and Fauna of WDW" .... not restricting it to the Flower and Garden show since not everyone has visited during that time.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

more ideas photo contests

I haven't read all the posts so some may have already been mentioned, or done before (I'm new obviously):

Funniest Adult doing something very childlike photo (i.e.: old man wearing Mickey ears trying to pull out the Sword in the Stone)

Best "rare" photo: one that would be difficult or impossible for anyone to reproduce, like some behind the scenes stuff, a ride breakdown, catching a cast member picking their nose or something ( ) Obviously not something that would make Disney look bad or anything, just something....rare. Use your imagination....I have a couple

Most clever pose with a prop/cast member/character (example: I have one of me that I love under one of those "Mickey's hand pointing down" signs, looking up at the sign and pointing to myself like, "who, me?" My caption in my scrapbook says "the mighty hand of :mickey: chooses his followers!") and I have some silly ones with the cigar store Indian. (of course, nothing lewd allowed so you'd have to get creative!!!)

Best cameo of a facial expression of someone (kids would be great but so would adults!) reacting to something at Disney, like a look of surprise or terror, or laughter or happy tears....you get the point (like the guys on the pole at Jungle Cruise! hardy har).

Selena
    Last edited by miakoda; 05-23-2005 at 09:05 PM.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Rocketeer and I got together and came up with the idea of, "The Book Image Challenge" or something. Basically a contest with doctoring The Book into photos and images (like his GGG pic and my golfball). Rocket had the great idea of a where's waldo theme that would be of course... "Where's The Book"? lol

great ideas for an ongoing thread I think... though winning a pin for some neat work doesn't sound so bad either..

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    How about this?

Why not create a new thread in the Photo Gallery section called "Where's the Trivia Book?", where people can use their skills and edit photos to include the book, much as been done here?!

Like the idea? Good. Done.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ad.php?p=50370

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 05-27-2005 at 04:32 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder
    what about

best disney costume (for halloween or dress up)

most disney loving pet

best oh wow face when they enter the park or see something spectacular at the park for the first time

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hmmmmm.... I like the idea of the flora/fauna at WDW. Lots of opportunities for great pics year round!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    best large icon from a value resort
    best character shot
    best resort photo
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Who can tell me ...Is there a Photo Competition running now??Where do you look to find it??
    Would love to join in....if one is running

I Belle
    Maggie

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylady
    Who can tell me ...Is there a Photo Competition running now??Where do you look to find it??
    Would love to join in....if one is running

Sorry... none running at this very moment. We just finished up our most recent one (#18) just last week. There tends to be a new one up every couple of weeks, so just keep your eyes peeled right here in the photo contest forum for anything regarding photo contest #19. I love photo contests too, so I'll join you in waiting eagerly. I can't wait to see what you've got for us!
    Oh, and by the way...
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    For some other ideas, couldn't you do like

Room that most looks like it belongs at WDW where anyone who has a room that is decked out in mickey gear at home or a house posts. Or an office or something.

or

funniest picture taken on an attraction just a funny expression or posed that people do on rides. I always make faces when I know disney is taking the picture.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I like the room idea Jeanne!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Just out of curiosity... anyone know if we're going to have a contest #19 coming up anytime soon? I'm leaving to head back home for the summer in about 2 1/2 weeks, and would like to take part in another contest if possible before I go (it's a whole heck of a lot easier to upload photos using my broadband here in the apartment rather than my dial-up AOL back home).

Not to put a rush on it or anything... I'm just curious if I'm going to have a chance to take part in another one before I go.

And hey, while I'm thinking of it, here's a suggestion for a possible contest theme. How about best live animal photo from DAK?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    I like the ideas of Best Restaurant/Food Picture and Best Rare Picture
    What about Best Picture w/ Celebrity if anyone has ran into a celebrity at Disney. Personally I never have but you never know.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    maybe a small world pic
    or cinderella castle
    or maybe the little details disney pays attention to!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    Disneyland....

okay so that suggestion is purely for my own benefit because I'm running out of WDW pictures to use as the last time I was there was in 2001 and I just went to Disneyland.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast