Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Photo Contests Discuss Future Contest Stuff - Need Input in the Photo Gallery and Contests forums; I would like to keep these picture contests moving so here is something I thought about. Please let me know what you think. FIRST: Currently, the contest submissions run for ...
    ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland

Future Contest Stuff - Need Input

I would like to keep these picture contests moving so here is something I thought about. Please let me know what you think.

FIRST:

Currently, the contest submissions run for 2 weeks with voting for 2 weeks. This would make a contest take a month. I was thinking of picking up the pace slightly by introducing the next photo contest 1 week into the voting; so that '4th week' would be both the last week of voting AND the first week of the contest.

I don't want to overload. This is picture submission and not really photo manipulation so I dont think this is a real overload.

What do you all think?

SECOND:

If you have an idea for a post, I would love to hear it. Please feel free to PM me anytime with suggestions. I want to strike a balance between specific and general contests. You can also post suggestions here for the next contest. I have a couple ideas but willing to hear what you have in mind.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The once a month system sounds less confusing than overlapping. Maybe you can hint at the next topic during the voting, but not start taking submissions until the previous contest ends?

Some suggested contest topics:
    Best Kids photo
    Food
    Groups (3 or more people in a shot)
    World Showcase
    Not-in-the-parks-but-at-WDW
    Water (sports, swimming, fountains, etc.)
    Holiday/Birthday/Special Event

just some ideas.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I like the food idea (Lou begins to drool uncontrollably)

And I also like the suggestion about the length of time for the contests, voting, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Greatt ideas DDame!!!

I aready PM'd these to RU, but I will share them here with the rest of you.

* How about a favorite picture of a cast member (Not a character)

* DAK animal shots

* Resort shots

* Red headed wench shots

* Stockade shots (admit it, we all have them )

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know if you have already done it but:

Favorite Cinderella Castle Shot.
    And I like The kids shots also.
    Eric

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I agree with disneydame.

I prefer the monthly way of doing it, overlapping may be confusing.

Suggestion I have:

1. Couples shots....you and your significant other. This doesn't have to be limited to romantic relationships.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I have a load of those DAK shots
    I think we all do!!!

How about resort shots- rooms or unusual aspects of resorts (torch lighting at Poly, murals, decor, etc...)

pool shots- there are so many cool pools at WDW

shopping- we always take pictures in shops - of what we'd like to get

foliage/gardens/ arrangements - there are some beautiful ones in WDW

new stuff (Stitches escape comes to mind)

I'll have more......

Robinkay6573 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like the idea of having overlappping contest. Just as long as they aren't run Simultaneously.

How about

Best Holiday photo
    Best Special Event photo (F&G Festival, F&W Festival...etc)
    Best Animal not at AK photo
    Best Resort photo
    Best Weannie (sp?) photo (we all know what a weannie is because we all read Lou's book...right )
    Best CM photo (non-Character)
    Honestly I don't like the idea of the "child" photo because it limits the contest to people with kids or those who take pictures of kids. I don't have kids so I would not have any kid photos. Disney World isn't just for children
    Last edited by Robinkay6573; 10-27-2004 at 03:25 PM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinkay6573
    Honestly I don't like the idea of the "child" photo because it limits the contest to people with kids or those who take pictures of kids. I don't have kids so I would not have any kid photos. Disney World isn't just for children
    It could always be "kids or adults acting like kids," 'cause aren't we all a bit younger at WDW?

Great suggestions, Robin! Unfortunately, there will always be someone who can't enter a particular contest - I've never been to WDW for the holidays, but I would love to see a holiday photo contest.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    How about Best On-Ride Photo? - a photo that you took while on a ride, not one that you bought like from ToT or RnRC
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

imtigger2 is offline A-Ticket holder

a "spot"??

Looking at your "the spot" thread gave me a cool idea...

How about the best "Before and After" photos? Each person can dig out an old photo from WDW or DL, the older the better... but it could be a few years ago vs. today.. then, post a current photo from the exact same location.

I wouldn't use it for this particular contest, but we have our 'spot' at Disneyland that I use for our nieces. I've been posing them with the wooden, $8000 Mickey statue at the Disneyana shop on Main Street since they were 6 years old, they're now 16/17.

Oh, another suggestion coming from someone new to these boards; the photo contest is a little difficult to find. I find myself doing some digging to get to it (I know... just click on Forums, scroll to the bottom (sorta), click on this, click on that.. done) but it would be great AND you would get more responses if there were a front page link or a large link on the PHOTOS page. Just a thought.

Thanks!!

Dan B
    imtigger2
    Carlsbad, CA

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Dan,

I like that idea!!!

As for the location of the photo contests, I created a Photo Contests sub-forum in the Photo Gallery forum. Before I (or a moderator who would like to help) moves all the contest threads, what do you all think of that idea??

:
    Lou Mongello

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    I like the idea of a seperate section but my suggestion would be to move it up one layer and not down one layer, if the goal is to make it more readily available. I would say place the Contests directly under MEDIA instead of being nested (sub) folder of Photo Gallery. Does what I am saying make sense?

I will be happy to move them over once we settle on a spot.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

RU,

Good idea - You're right, people do want this to be a very eaily-accessible forum, so I moved it to the main page under the newly-titled Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! section

I moved over a couple of the threads, and appreciate the help moving the others
    Lou Mongello

imtigger2 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Holy cow! Whoa! Stop the Omnimover!! You mean I can make a suggestion at a Disney fan site and the webmaster and hosts will read them, then act on them?... all within a day??!! What the!?!?! I must be dreaming! Ha!

You guys are great! Really!!

Love the new place for the Forum... however (oh man, I really hate doing this after all that), I still think you need to have a link from the PHOTOS link on your toolbar, that takes you to the Photos Forum. I have an advantage as a new user here, I can give you my 'newbie' perspective on things.

When I come to the site looking for the current or previous photos contests, as well as photo "chat" and postings, I naturally click on PHOTOS in your main menu bar, not Forums. It didn't make sense to me. Then, once in photos, I was completely lost and it took me a while to finally realize they were 'buried' in the Forums (eh hem.. believe it or not, I 'am' computer literate as my company's IT manager.. ha!). Right now it's a little easier to find, but why not make it MUCH easier to find by providing an additional link to the Photo forums, from the photo gallery page (just a link, don't necessarally have to move it).

I mean I go to: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/photos/ and I'm looking for photo chat, photo contests and a photo forum... in addition to other photos, but I had to navigate 3/4 of the way down through the "other" forums page to find what I was looking for.

Do you kinda understand where I'm going with this? It would be nice to see all photo related items, in "photos". Either way, even if you leave it the way it is... it's great, I love your site either way. Just wanted to put in my 2

Thanks!

Dan B
    imtigger
    Last edited by imtigger2; 12-03-2004 at 01:44 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast