Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Photo Contests Discuss Contest #20 - Best DAK Live Animal Photo in the Photo Gallery and Contests forums; They are really awesome, I actually found your site last night. Really great! Thanks for sharing....
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    They are really awesome, I actually found your site last night. Really great! Thanks for sharing.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

timned88 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    thanks, shere. glad you enjoy my site.

Tim Devine, owner of THE MAGIC IN PIXELS.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Yes, your photos are fantastic. They make me look at things a little differently, which is a good thing.

You have a great eye.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

timned88 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    thanks, babe!

Tim Devine, owner of THE MAGIC IN PIXELS.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Ok, I'm going to have to request an official ruling on this to see if my photo is legit for the purpose of this contest...

Here's the story behind why I ended up with this one. When I first heard about this contest, I knew immediately which photo I wanted to submit... I had a fantastic picture that I took last semester with a tiger from the Maharajah Jungle Trek standing tall on her hind legs, one front paw pressed against the glass, staring back at me. It was a fantastic picture, but there was a catch... it was last seen on my old computer some number of months ago (ya know... the one that ended up with a fried hard drive at the end of last semester?).

But then I remembered that I had sent a copy of that picture to my girlfriend shortly after taking it, because she is a lover of big kitties. But sadly, she had saved the pictures to her computer, which later became infected with a virus and needed to be wiped. She checked her e-mail too, to see if it was still sitting in there somehow, but thanks to this lovely little feature AOL has, any mail not specifically "saved" will automatically disappear after a duration of time, and for my Kitty picture, it appeared that time was up.

So after a few days of searching for it through various backup disks and getting nowhere, I decided I needed to pick another one. Unfortunately, with all of my pics gone from last semester, I had very little to chose from. However, I did recall that at one point last semester I had uploaded at least one or more of my tiger pictures to an online photo hosting website I use, and I thought I might still have something there.

Well... this is all I found. What you see here is it. I added text to it last semester because I was using it as a humorous picture in my AIM profile, but seeing as the original copy of this pic is gone, this is all I have to enter. So... I need an official ruling. Can I submit this picture, even though it has text added to it? Or do I need to try to find something else? (Just trying to keep it within the rules here...)

-Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I don't know if it is legal or not, but that is a GREAT picture!

I don't have any jurisdiction here, but you've got a vote from me for inclusion in the contest...

My last trip was during yet another quick business trip - and I bought a chinzy disposable camera at AK. This is some "detail" from a grainy shot.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    Ok, I'm going to have to request an official ruling on this to see if my photo is legit for the purpose of this contest...

Here's the story behind why I ended up with this one....

So... I need an official ruling. Can I submit this picture, even though it has text added to it? Or do I need to try to find something else? (Just trying to keep it within the rules here...)
    Don...

I had thought that it might have been cropped without destroying the composition, but that is not necessary. Since we understand the background story and the photograph itself has not been digitally altered and/or enhanced, your submission stands as is.

I would like to take this opportunity to request that members do not apply text intentionally in the future.

BTW.... GREAT PHOTO!!!
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    Don...

I had thought that it might have been cropped without destroying the composition, but that is not necessary. Since we understand the background story and the photograph itself has not been digitally altered and/or enhanced, your submission stands as is.

I would like to take this opportunity to request that members do not apply text intentionally in the future.

BTW.... GREAT PHOTO!!!
    Thanks MBabe, and your point well made. No more text, I promise. I only submitted this one because it was the only one I had at my disposal at the time. I'll make sure that for the next contest I either have one available, or I'll run down and take a new one!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    I'll run down and take a new one!
    Sure. "Excuse me, Mr. Tiger. But I believe last time you were a little more to the left. That's it. Could you tilt your chin up just a hair. Perfect. Now, hold that pose. On three. One... two... three... Got it. Thanks."

Here's mine....

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Pretty birds. Nice photo.

Thanks

We have an African Grey at work so I wanted to introduce her to the relatives

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Lol. I think that photo would be real nice in a scrapbook. What do you think?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast