Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss I may be getting a new camera!!! in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Hello everyone! This afternoon I may be getting a new digital camera! This is the camera I might be getting... :fnHardlineProductView('1202429847854', '8739966','false','cat13506')" target="_blank"> Canon powerShot 8.0 megapixel 4x optical/4x digital/16x ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking I may be getting a new camera!!!

Hello everyone! This afternoon I may be getting a new digital camera! This is the camera I might be getting...

Canon powerShot 8.0 megapixel

4x optical/4x digital/16x total zoom

2.5" PureColor TFT-LCD screen

DIGIC III imaging processor

Genuine Canon face detection technology

Optical image stabilizer technology

Continuous shooting

White balance controls

Built-in flash options

Special photo effects
    Movie mode

Through-the-lens (TTL) autofocus

Shooting modes
    Include auto, program, shutter priority, aperture priority, manual, portrait, landscape, indoor, kids and pets, night snapshot and movie. Scene modes include foliage, snow, beach, sunset, fireworks, underwater and aquarium.

Easy mode

Sound good? I think it does lol. So I'm totally excited about it! I'll have it for WDW and I'm sure to get some amazing shots! I like my current digital camera but the screen on the back isn't all that big and it makes it hard to see, and it's not as nice as this one. Plus I've had that camera since 04. So it's time for a new one! lol.
    Any advice from anyone and especially from the photographers out there? Thanks again!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok so there's the details!

I really do swear by Canon cameras. The last 3 I've owned have been Canons. I currently have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS and love it. My only complaint is occasionally the flash can do a bit of a wash on color but under the right settings you can change it to not. Anyway... enjoy!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story youre immersed in. - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from OJoe

Thanks Jenn!! We are going to compare other cameras before we buy anything. My Dad and I are going this afternoon, he's getting off early.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I recently had to replace my camera that suffered a tragic accident on the Disney cruise. I bought an Olympus SP 570UZ. My other camera was an Olympus and I wanted a camera compatible with the other lenses etc I already had. I LOVE IT! I thought the 5MP camera was good. This one is a 10MP and it is like taking pictures in high definition. We recently returned from Alaska and I got some awesome photos with it. I compared prices from price grabber.com and bought it from a place in New Jersey. Circuit City had the camera so I was able to check it out at the store before I bought it online.

Whatever you decide to buy, make sure you play with it a little ahead of time so you know what you're doing when you're in Disney!
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Thanks for the advise!

Alaska!! WOW!! How neat! My step grandmothers mom just returned from an Alaskan cruise.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Looks great! I want to get a high end camera one day.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

I got it and I love it!!!!!!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

I'm sure you will one day Adam!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I love my Canon cameras! Every one I have ever had has been wonderful.

I can't wait to start using mine I think I will enjoy having a canon camera. I also can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the air show. Then on to WDW!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

The camera did great at the air show, unfortuanatly it had rained so the airplanes didn't come out until after we left . But I did get some good pics at our friends house and some of the old cars and boats....

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

this one is coming back to richmond, from the 895 bridge

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member