Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss New Digital Camera Question in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; I have a question for all you wonderful photographers! What type of digital camera would you recomend? I'm looking for a camera that I will be able to adjust the ...
    ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder

New Digital Camera Question

I have a question for all you wonderful photographers! What type of digital camera would you recomend? I'm looking for a camera that I will be able to adjust the shutter speed, white balence, focus, and other more advanced features. The last camera I owned was very basic, but I learn quickly with new technology and would be willing to dedicate time to familiarizing myself with the camera and its features. Any suggestions?

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    What is your price range?

I have some money saved up, but don't really want to spend more than $1,000. If I can find a good camera for less that would be great too!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    There is a site that gives detailed reviews of digital cameras in all price ranges,

Steve's Digicams - Main Menu

If you want to buy on line B&H out of New York is a reputable company and has decent prices.

For hands on testing Best Buy and Ritz Camera are decent places to look.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I just bought a Canon - PowerShot 8.0-Megapixel at Best Buy for 149.99 and I can adjust the White Balace, flash, and a whole lot of other things. It also has Face Detection. here is the link to the camara from Best Buy. Canon - PowerShot 8.0-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - A590IS
    I love mine!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I am loving my Canon DRebel XSI. I think it's going for around $750 right now. With the holidays coming you might be able to catch a sale on it. I got mine at Circuit City but I've seen that at every camera store and even Target sells them.

Thank you for all of your help everyone! After weighing my options I think I might go with the Canon ESO Digital Rebel XSi...(thanks for the recomendation Stich). It looks like a really nice camera, it's within my price range and looks like it has the features I am looking for. I'm really excited!