Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss TMI alert! ~Can the Ratings on Photos be turned off?~ in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; someone leave this moron some bad feedback on his pic. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...php?photo=3542...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    someone leave this moron some bad feedback on his pic.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...php?photo=3542

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Thumbs up

That was good !

I left my laughter over there for you !
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    See now, this is how little I pay attention. I didn't even realize we could really RATE photos until I read this thread!!!
    BTW I love seeing everyone's photos, I don't know why anyone would rate personal photos low, this isn't a photography website! I do enjoy seeing your photos, my members of the DWT Team!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Lou - on one of my other Disney boards we were running into a problem sort of like this one. We were also to make it so you had to be registered and logged in to leave a rating/comment. And if you are logged in, then your name was automatically connected to the rating - so no one could do anything anonymous. Just a thought.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    BTW I love seeing everyone's photos, I don't know why anyone would rate personal photos low, this isn't a photography website! I do enjoy seeing your photos, my members of the DWT Team!
    i need low ratings to keep myself humble and in check.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    RU,

I tried to do that as well (make the username show up, etc.) for just a rating, but couldn't seem to get it. Looking into the photo gallery software upgrade and will let you all know. At the very least, the comments shows who posted them. Again, always open to suggestions.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    i need low ratings to keep myself humble and in check.

Oh then I should go back and edit my comments

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Well, I have to say that I have received a number of complains from users who are unhappy about low ratings on some of their photos which are clearly of a high quality. Can it be that someone (more than one?) person/people are purposely rating photos low? Maybe so. Why? I can't say for sure.

However, in light of recent complaints, I have turned off the ratings of photos until I am satisfied with a software upgrade that will allow the person's name who rated the photo to be viewed at the very least. This way, if someone posts a bad rating, you will at the very least have to take credit/blame for your review.

I only think this is fair at this time. I am of course always open to suggestions. I hope this also encourages more people to share their photos with the rest of the DWT Family.
    I really enjoy the photos from other members, good or bad in quality. I have always thought the "rating" system was inane. Glad to see it go. If someone wants to comment that's fine.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-21-2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    omg nuff said...lol
    this is in reply to the pic grumpy had a link too...still shuddering...lol

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    JC, I will not be "warning" anyone about the comments they post about a picture, etc. There is no "Anonymous" user on the site.

Also, let's just the "poll" thing die already, OK?
    Lou Mongello

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    JC, I will not be "warning" anyone about the comments they post about a picture, etc. There is no "Anonymous" user on the site.

Also, let's just the "poll" thing die already, OK?
    The last remark seems to be an inside joke with you two

Thanks again Lou!
    I do appreciate the extra effort you make in all that you do

Say Hi to the Mrs for me

~TTFN~
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I agree with just about evryone . I have had and "Anonymous" give me a rating of a "1" or "2" and when I saw it for the first time, it did hurt. Now I really don't give a flip what anyone thinks of my pictures. I still love to read the comments, so please keep posting them . I posted pictures to share with everyone because I am proud of them and because, sometimes when I look at other's pictures, they bring back wonderful memories for me .

I do think that if we do bring back the rating system, that if you want to rate a picture, you have to be a member.

If you don't like the picture and don't want to say anything nice about it, DON'T RATE IT!

To those of you who have rated my photos, thank you and keep it up!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I had a thought...what if the Anonymous users thought that one was good and 10 was bad?

Bwahahahahhhaaaa
    Lou Mongello

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    i like the rating system... *shrug* but of course nobody ever rated mine so i don't have much to be negative or positive about. *L*
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast