Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss First Post: Japan Pavilion, Epcot in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Hey all, just started posting some of my stuff here and on the magic in pixels (not to mention my own blog). Here's one of the Japan Pavilion I took ...
    elhajj33 is offline A-Ticket holder

First Post: Japan Pavilion, Epcot

Hey all, just started posting some of my stuff here and on the magic in pixels (not to mention my own blog). Here's one of the Japan Pavilion I took recently. I'll post more in the days to come.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: First Post: Japan Pavilion, Epcot

Great shot! I love what you did with it to give it that almost eery look. Very nice!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

looks great
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

vicki guppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Great shot, and great sky in background

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Great shot! I love what you did with it to give it that almost eery look. Very nice!
    Thanks Jen! Basically, i was shooting during a thunderstorm so I had very dramatic skies to work with (you can see the water on the ground if you look close)

Also, this is an HDR shot taken just after the lights started coming on in rhe park.

I got a couple of other good shots this day I'll post one from France later tonight.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

That is a great photo!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

beautiful!! welcome to the boards?!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by elhajj33 View Post
    Also, this is an HDR shot taken just after the lights started coming on in rhe park.
    HDR is something I want to play with but just don't have the patience. For me, I take great shots that I intend to edit later and mess with levels etc. but never do. Still.. what a great way to introduce yourself to us all... photos usually do the trick!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I look at this picture and want to hum "Night on Bald Mountain" (the song from the Chernabog section of Fantasia). Nice shot.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

That photo is absolutely gorgeous. I love the lighting in the sky and the pagoda lights. I too love photography, but I only have a little point and shoot from WalMart. What is HDR? I've gone to 'The Magic in Pixels' site, but it's way ahead of me and my little camera. WDW is, of course, my favorite place to photograph! (I wish I could get there more often!) Thanks for sharing. It's funny that one of my favorite shots that I took on my last trip is of Japan, also. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

hey all,

HDR stands for high dynamic range. It's a process of combining 3 exposures in one using a piece of software called photomatix (there are other applications you can use, but photomatix is my tool of choice).

Quite a bit of work goes in creating one of these photos (sometimes hours on end). But, I enjoy that very much.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elhajj33 View Post
    hey all,

HDR stands for high dynamic range. It's a process of combining 3 exposures in one using a piece of software called photomatix (there are other applications you can use, but photomatix is my tool of choice).

Quite a bit of work goes in creating one of these photos (sometimes hours on end). But, I enjoy that very much.
    So in other words, the photo that you posted isn't just a photo that you took? It's something that you worked with and changed around? If I'm understanding that right, I'd love to see the 'regular' photos next to the one that you posted. It's a beautiful end product; please don't think that I'm saying that it is less because it is 'doctored'. On the contrary I think it's remarkable. I'm only asking because I'm happy to learn as much about photography as I can. You probably however, have a much more sophisticated camera than I do. But, I do okay and enjoy what I have (a point and shoot from WalMart). Thanks for the information.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    So in other words, the photo that you posted isn't just a photo that you took? It's something that you worked with and changed around? If I'm understanding that right, I'd love to see the 'regular' photos next to the one that you posted. It's a beautiful end product; please don't think that I'm saying that it is less because it is 'doctored'. On the contrary I think it's remarkable. I'm only asking because I'm happy to learn as much about photography as I can. You probably however, have a much more sophisticated camera than I do. But, I do okay and enjoy what I have (a point and shoot from WalMart). Thanks for the information.

i agree would love to see the original!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    I'd love to see the 'regular' photos next to the one that you posted.
    no worries, totally understand. It's not doctored, but a lot of work did go into creating it. I don't have a gallery created for how I made this image, however, some time ago I did a before and after of another image I created that goes into detail. I can't post the link in the message because I have less than 10 posts, But I will try posting it in my signature- hopefully that will work.

Also, there's quite a bit of work that goes into the shooting aspect of something like this (what to meter on, setting white balance, appropriate aperture and framing and so on). I'm going to add a link to my signature to my shooting for HDR tutorial. that is basically my pre shooting checklist
    Last edited by elhajj33; 08-31-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Signature with links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast