Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss Disney's PhotoPass PhotoCD price to increase later this month in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Originally Posted by DVCDad They also have to pay all the photograhers and everyone else that works on Photopass behind the scenes. Sure they would sell more at $99, but ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney's PhotoPass PhotoCD price to increase later this month

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    They also have to pay all the photograhers and everyone else that works on Photopass behind the scenes. Sure they would sell more at $99, but I'm sure they've worked out the best price point that maximixes profits.
    They're paying the photographers regardless. I would bet that the number of PhotoPass cards handed out GREATLY exceeds the number that are actually redeemed. Now think about the vast number of photos that get deleted daily in the parks that were never purchased.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney's PhotoPass PhotoCD price to increase later this month

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    Considering a photo package at Chef Mickey's or Hoopm De Doo is almost $40, and teh ride photos are $20 each, it's a good deal if you already buy the photopass.

Compared to the cost of photo CDs on Disney Cruises, it's a bargain.
    Not sure if they're still doing it, but the ride photos used to be printed out for you right there, so you were getting a quality print AND a little cardboard folder for it. If PhotoPass included printing of all of the photos, then maybe I could see justifying the cost. But there is nothing physical about this, short of the CD (which, if it gets scratched...) so from what I understand, you're paying for the rights to the pictures. Most/all of the shots I saw on my last PhotoPass card were awful anyway.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12