Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss Photo Contest #4 - Nighttime Extravaganza in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Our Fourth Photo Contest is (finally) here! The subject matter for this photo contest will be: WDW Nighttime Extravaganza ("show" just doesn't do it justice) Here are the rules: The ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Photo Contest #4 - Nighttime Extravaganza

Our Fourth Photo Contest is (finally) here!

The subject matter for this photo contest will be:

WDW Nighttime Extravaganza ("show" just doesn't do it justice)

Here are the rules:
    1. The picture must be taken of a current or former Walt Disney World nighttime show
    2. The photos must be your own... no copyrighted or use of others' images permitted

3. Members may make more than one submission to the contest

4. You may either post images here as attachments, or upload them to the photo galleries

5. Once the submissions are made, we will have a poll to vote for the best photo

6. Lou is not eligible for votes - any photos he submits are for fun only and should not be considered in the running

7. The winner will receive a limited-edition (no, really, it IS a limited edition) DisneyWorldTrivia.com pin! (If you have a pin already... well.. now you have two)
    This contest will run until September 1, 2004, at which point voting will begin, so get your entries in soon!

Any questions, suggestions, etc.? Post 'em here!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, I'll start - Here is one from Illuminations - in the rain.....I took it last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Niiiiiiiiiiice!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Nice picture! I'll dig through mine this week.

blush - blush - my one and only fireworks shot (well, the one's that I took from on top of the Contemporary just didn't come out that good).
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Not totally dark yet but here is a pic
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Nice one Brian......what is it? (j/k)

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Unfortunately I've only been to WDW once since I got my new Cybershot camera. These are the only night-time pix that I have of an attraction (Illuminations). I'm not that happy with these results, but I'll go ahead and list them:

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    My favs in my collection are from Illuminations. Since many have already been posted I narrowed it down to my fav 2 and threw in a few Wishes with a side of Fantasmic.

1. Illuminations Show start
    2. Illuminations middle of last segment
    3. Wishes finale as seen a few miles away at Avalon Rd
    4. Wishes good triumphs over evil
    5. Wishes Genie makes a few wishes
    6. Fantasmic Mickey takes control of his dream after the fire breathing dragon

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest #4 - Nighttime Extravaganza-illumin-1.jpg   Photo Contest #4 - Nighttime Extravaganza-illumin-2.jpg  
    Last edited by TrendyMagic; 02-11-2007 at 03:25 PM.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    and numbers 4 -6
    Last edited by TrendyMagic; 02-11-2007 at 03:25 PM.

Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder
    AWESOME PICS!

I'll come back and post my contribution when I've been to WDW...
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife
    Unfortunately I've only been to WDW once since I got my new Cybershot camera. These are the only night-time pix that I have of an attraction (Illuminations). I'm not that happy with these results, but I'll go ahead and list them:

I really like your third picture, the one with the lasers criss-crossing
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    I really like your third picture, the one with the lasers criss-crossing
    Thanks! I kind of like that one as well, but I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't have my tripod available to get a crisp shot of the scene.

Edit: It's a shame that the best night-time shots of Disneyland aren't eligible - I have some shots that I like better from my DLCA trip.

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Jackknife,

Why are photographers so hard on themselves?

~I like what you did. The colors in the water & fireworks came out exceptionally clear~

Of your 3, the 3rd one is also my favorite of your photos.

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder

I'll Play Along!

Okay...here's my efforts...

June of '04 was our first trip with the digital camera, we'd just found the 'fireworks' setting, and were both (my wife and I) very new to this digital photography stuff. Still, I don't think they turned out as bad as they could have. Trust me when I tell you, I deleted almost as many pictures as we took that trip.

First picture is from the Magic Kingdom. SusieAngel (my wife) and our two friends sat curbside, in front of Casey's, in the rain, munching on soggy hot dogs, in hopes of seeing Spectro-Magic. Never happened. Too wet. It rained practically every day we were there (with the exception of the morning we took the Family Magic Tour!). This is a snap from that nights fireworks.

The second pic is from Illuminations, from the pier in the German pavilion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest #4 - Nighttime Extravaganza-mkfireworks12.jpg   Photo Contest #4 - Nighttime Extravaganza-fireworks12.jpg  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast