Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 121 of 479 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 7173
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss Post a Disney picture a day in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com I think I like it better like that than with the tree there, it still has a very clearly Christmas look to it with all those ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post
    I think I like it better like that than with the tree there, it still has a very clearly Christmas look to it with all those wreaths and garland.
    I could argue both for and against either location of the tree (at Town Square or behind the Plaza Rose Garden)... it just seems that no matter where they put it, it's in the way of SOMETHING. I think that if I had to chose though, I personally prefer it at Town Square because my favorite place to watch Wishes from is the Rose Garden, and the tree there is just too obtrusive. But then again, by putting the tree in Town Square, you obstruct the famous view down Main Street from the square, which to some is probably even worse. I don't know... it's just too big to put anywhere I guess. But what would the holiday season be without an icon tree at the Magic Kingdom?

I guess they could always do like MGM and DAK do, and put the tree just outside the gates, in front of the entrance... but that area is really cramped already at MK, not to mention I think it holds more meaning inside the park somewhere on Main Street, USA.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I'm still so in the Christmas spirit... probably because I'm still catching up on December podcasts ;-) hee hee
    any how, here's a very Christmasy view of what is normally a non-christmas subject the Notorious Banjo Brothers and Bob:

Note not only does the Tuba player have his instrument decked out fro the holidays, but the Banjo Bros. have some Holly tucked in thier hat bands as well. oh and this image and other images of the notorious BBB are on the following page of my site:http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/mfst2006/7th-f.htm

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    I could argue both for and against either location of the tree (at Town Square or behind the Plaza Rose Garden)... it just seems that no matter where they put it, it's in the way of SOMETHING. I think that if I had to chose though, I personally prefer it at Town Square because my favorite place to watch Wishes from is the Rose Garden, and the tree there is just too obtrusive. But then again, by putting the tree in Town Square, you obstruct the famous view down Main Street from the square, which to some is probably even worse. I don't know... it's just too big to put anywhere I guess. But what would the holiday season be without an icon tree at the Magic Kingdom?

I guess they could always do like MGM and DAK do, and put the tree just outside the gates, in front of the entrance... but that area is really cramped already at MK, not to mention I think it holds more meaning inside the park somewhere on Main Street, USA.

Good points Don in fact I watched the fireworks from the rose garden path during MVMCP myself so that makes me realize that what you say about it having drawbacks in wither location is quite true, and I certainly didn't mind seeing it in Town Square when I was there, perhaps what I should have said is that this picture of Disneylady is probably a better picture without the tree there than it would have been with the tree there, as the staue of Roy was basically "under the tree" while I was there for mousefest. Maybe all of that moving the tree back and forth that they do IS the best solution.
    correct me if I'm worng but I think this is how ot goes, in early Nov. they set up the tree in Town Square, then when they go to film the Christmas parade in early Dec. they move the tree up to the location between the Rose Garden and the Castle, then they move it back to Town Square when the filming is done. I THINK (but don't know and would like someone to confirm) that they moved the tree BACK to Town Square just the night before mousefests MVMCP this year.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    bigbrian said
    ...I THINK (but don't know and would like someone to confirm) that they moved the tree BACK to Town Square just the night before mousefests MVMCP this year.
    Since the filming of the parade was the week-end before Mousefest this year I believe you are right. The tree is put up by the Rose Garden so it isn't in the way.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    We left on 8th December (Friday ) & a CM told us the Xmas Tree was being moved over that week-end back to the bottom of Main Street from up by the side of the Castle.
    I must admit I missed not seeing the Tree as soon as you walked into MK...............myself I prefer it at the bottom of Main Street

I Belle
    Maggie

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Osborne Lights

I Belle
    Maggie

I love the Hall of Presidents!!

The pictures have been compressed here a little - Shame that as the originals look superb!!

Rich

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Don't forget to look up----sometimes you can get a cool picture. Not sure if this is cool but it is a picture!

It certainly is a cool picture - Thumbs up from me!!
    Rich

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    You may remember that back on page 119 of this thread I posted a fireworks shot and mentioned that I had been considering using that one (among others) as my submission for the Nighttime Cinderella Castle photo contest. Well, seeing as I was really in a toss-up for a while about which picture to submit, I had a whole handful of options all made up and ready to go with the click of a mouse. And then seeing as I only selected one to submit, the rest of them will be gradually be working their way into this thread, one day at a time.

So here's another one I almost submitted to the contest. And you'll probably get a third one tomorrow.

Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 01-25-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    -Don-

Oh, and one more thing. I attempted to post this yesterday, but I was using a computer at school rather than my own PC, so perhaps I got logged out before I submitted the reply. But one way or another, I'm observing now that it didn't post, so I'll back things up just a touch.

I was replying to Brian who said:

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    correct me if I'm worng but I think this is how ot goes, in early Nov. they set up the tree in Town Square, then when they go to film the Christmas parade in early Dec. they move the tree up to the location between the Rose Garden and the Castle, then they move it back to Town Square when the filming is done.
    From what I saw (and can personally vouch for) this year, the tree was apparently erected from the start next to the Plaza Rose Garden. I saw it there both on November 5th and 12th. It was then moved to Town Square sometime between the 12th and December 7th, which was the night of the MouseFest MVMCP, which many of us bore witness to. It stayed there the rest of that weekend at least, and was still in that same location when I made my final trip of the fall semester on December 17th. I therefore believe it was only moved once, most likely after the filming of the parade, as was suggested earlier by both Brian and, well... the other Brian. But obviously I couldn't be there EVERYday, so I could be mistaken.
    -Don-

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great pictures of the HoP Rich!!! Great Shots!!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Nemo

I Belle
    Maggie