Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 149 of 479 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 7173
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss Post a Disney picture a day in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; The pic of the Castle is amazing! I love it!...
    Walts_Girl is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The pic of the Castle is amazing! I love it!
    "We Have Created Characters And Animated Them In The Dimension Of Depth, Revealing Through Them To Our Perturbed World That The Things We Have In Common Far Outnumber And Outweigh Those That Divide Us."

-Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

And they're off!!!

Ok, nothing real fancy, artsy, or creative here - just a plain old quick, snapshot of Main Street, USA, taken immediately after park opening on Feb 25th. It kind of reminds me of the start of the New York City Marathon with the way people are pushing and shoving and jockeying for position. Everyone wants to be the first sap on Space Mountain or something like that I guess. I just walked right up to the second floor of the Main Street Station as soon as I made it through the tunnel, just to take this photo depicting the very first guests going charging down the street and into the park like a stampeding herd of wildebeast.

"Mufasa! Stampede - in the gorge... Simba's down there!" That's exactly what comes to mind when I watch this scene at park opening. It's especially fitting with the themeing at Animal Kingdom's rope drop ceremony - except that all the wildebeast are headed towards Everest or the Safaris.

This picture provides a perfect example of why I feel MSUSA is THE most under-appreciated area of the park, and therefore one of my favorites. Look at all those crazy people literally running right by some of the best theming and detailing they will likely see anywhere. I had time to take this picture, talk to a train conductor, walk down Main Street, stop to take two or three more pictures, then proceed down to the hub, take two more pics, double back, head on down to that side street and check out the dance studio (from which piano music and tap dancing used to be heard drifting out the windows. I wonder why it wasn't playing that morning... ), take a picture of the newly refurbed dead end there that had been blocked off on my last few visits, double back again, and then notice the newly reopened Market House, take a few more pictures of it, talk with a CM for a moment, and then step inside. And even with all that time I spent wandering around Main Street, taking pictures, and talking to CMs... by the time I had stepped inside there, the I was informed that I was the first guest ever to step foot in that store. Most people just don't appreciate MSUSA as anything other than something they are made to walk through in order to get to the rides and other more popular attractions. It's kind of sad, really.

This is also a perfect example of why, if you are planning to meet up with someone at the park in the morning, YOU DO NOT SAY "OH, LET'S JUST MEET UP AT THE FRONT OF THE PARK"!!! You will probably not find them, and may even wind up injuring yourself trying to stand your ground on Main Street! Choose something off the beaten path, such as inside Exposition Hall - where not only are you out of the way of the stampede in the gorge, but you might actually find something interesting to look at while you wait.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts_Girl View Post
    :Epcot:
    This is the Christmas Tree at Epcot.
    I love this pic! What did you use to take it?

And I've been staring at the pic in your avatar for a moment or two now - Is that Genie's armpit that you're standing in front of? I've been trying to figure that out.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

My little one's very first haircut.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    Open the picture you want to insert into it's full size (open the big picture all the way... not just to a thumbnail image). Right click on the full-size image, and then copy the entire address (or image location). Then come back here, and paste that address into your post. Then you have to add image tags at the beginning and end of the address.
    Thanks so much! I am going to try it now. Okay, now for another question. Did you say you were flying yourself? Like as in piloting the airplane? Shut up! You are way too talented.

Thanks again for the help,
    Kerry

I'mWithGoofy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Love Always,

I'mWithGoofy

Quote Originally Posted by I'mWithGoofy View Post

A google image???

This thread is for your own personal photo's....not images you can pull from Google.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Is that you?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    ehm ehm....post a pic a day
    Like you never highjacked a thread before Melissa

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I can't remember this guy's name. He is funny looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Not reallly sure why I felt the need to be part of this show at the time LOL

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    I can't remember this guy's name. He is funny looking.

Isn't that Phil from Hercules?
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom