Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 205 of 479 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 7173
Photo Gallery and Contests Discuss Post a Disney picture a day in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Originally Posted by SuperStarKerri Thank you! I have no idea how I did that. It was taken in 2004 and just...happened. I think I can probably answer that one. You ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarKerri View Post
    Thank you! I have no idea how I did that. It was taken in 2004 and just...happened.
    I think I can probably answer that one. You used a flash. Typically that's a no-no at night unless you're taking a picture of a person or something that's not lit and you have them up close, but otherwise you probably want to leave it off so as not to wash out colors and other sources of light. But fortunately you were close enough to the float where you flash illuminated most of it and it came out sharp and in focus, even at the cost of losing some of the brilliance of the lights in the parade. Neat picture though! You even got the Wicked Queen clearly!
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

I started to write a reply to something cjbourne2 said last night, but when I went to post it last night the site had gone down for some reason and the page wouldn't load. So rather than write it all over again, I saved it in a Word document and so I'm just copying and pasting it back into here again.

So here's what should have been posted last night! Just pretend you're reading this next part a couple of posts ago, that's all.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

Quote Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
    I think you're going to have a rival posting great shots, Don.
    Yeah, no kidding! There are some seriously cool photographs getting tossed around in this thread within the last day or so. Holy-moley! There's Rich's snazzy (and very much in focus) night shot with all the legacy clutter (and yet somehow making it look good), and Andyxox's Illuminations shot (I've never been able to capture those white ones properly... I always end up way overexposed and get nothing but bright white light), and then there's Disney05's monorail blazing through the Contemporary at warp speed (very cool shot, btw... the strong horizontals of each of the floors in the hotel kind of give off a strong illusion of speed. You know how like in cartoon stills and stuff when something is supposed to be moving fast it usually has a bunch of parallel lines behind it to show that it's "moving"? That's the effect the horizontal floors are giving me in that pic... it makes the monorail look like it's just cruising through there in a hurry. I think it's looks pretty sweet. I guess I've just never really analyzed a still shot of the monorail going by from inside the Contemporary before).

All said, everyone has been posting some real doozies lately. I'm impressed, and even a little bit intimidated (but that's ok... I just need to go out and buy a newer, larger, more expensive camera to compensate for my insecurities). "Hey Mom, can I have a raise in my allowance? I promise I'll find work by next week!"
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 06-20-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Well now that Kerri brought up the Spectro parade, I coudn't resist hopping in myself. This is probably one of the hardest things to photograph well at night, because not only is it in the dark, but it's MOVING! Which means something like that little tripod I often carry around to help out with my night shots really wont help much here. Sure, if you can get close enough you can use a flash to capture details, but I want to be able to capture it how I see it... in all of its bright colorful glory. The only thing is that with the limited abilities of my camera (and most simple digital cameras for that matter), I don't know how to allow that kind of light in and still capture everything in clear focus.

So here's one of my better attempts, shooting without a flash. I specifically targeted these guys when they were spinning around really rapidly in one spot because I knew I was going to get some blurring anyway, and I figured at least it would be blurred in the spin and not as it was rolling down the street. I thought it might even make for a pretty cool effect, and in some ways, I actually even like how it came out. I particularly like the glow of the lights reflected on the street... that's really cool I thought.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder
    Here's a pic for today from our recent trip, May 26-30, 2007 (somewhat lower quality):

Check out my blog or MySpace.

Before this photo he was merely a frog!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Before this photo he was merely a frog!

Too Cute Melis!!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    Too Cute Melis!!!
    Can you believe that cute little face is gonna be 7 on Monday?!?!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    dreamer your boys are so cute!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    dreamer your boys are so cute!
    Awww thanks! That was Parker when we was only 2 and a half and like I said...he's gonna be 7 on Monday!

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    It looks like he wants to say "Make her stop, Mom!"
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    It looks like he wants to say "Make her stop, Mom!"
    He was actually saying "can I have my food back now?" He's older now and understands that when the characters come to the table you drop everything....pose, smile and get the autograph!

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Here's my contribution to the whirling blur in the nighttime parade.

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Here are my two youngest boys with Eeyore in Animal Kingdom.

Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Polynesian