Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss HAD a DWT pin! in the Disneyana forums; So, I went to the cast pin replenishment area a few weeks ago. For those who don't know, this is where we get our pins traded for some good ones ...
    HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder

HAD a DWT pin!

So, I went to the cast pin replenishment area a few weeks ago. For those who don't know, this is where we get our pins traded for some good ones (cast exclusive hidden mickey's) ....we can get the HM's in a group of 6, OR we can just trade individually.

Anyway- I was replenishing my lanyard, and at the time was just looking thru individual pins........and came across the DWT pin! Of course I snatched it up! My thinking was, even if no one wanted to trade for it (b/c they didn't know what it was) it was a shameless plug for Lou and for DWT! I put it in the bottom of my lanyard, kinda holding the two sides together, and every time someone wanted to look at my pins, and asked about it, I went on and on about what a great book it is, how there's a website, yada yada. As I said, shameless plug

Well, as it turns out, a couple weeks ago a boy wanted to trade for that pin! I asked him if he'd read the book or knew anything about it. He said No, but that now that he had the pin he'd probably look for the book. I told him all about it, the website, how it's a really fun book, etc, so hopefully he decided to look for the book!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AWW! you had it.... i need to get one.. i have the lanyard.. but i dont have the pin
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The only thing is, *technically* the person who traded for that pin (meaning, the CM who accepted that pin) shouldn't have traded for it, b/c it's not an official Disney pin (meaning it doesn't have a copyright on the back), so I may never see one again Lou??? Can you get it copyritten (however you spell that) ?

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I don't know if he can get it copywrited b/c the site and book is not owned by Disney.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I want one!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

flutter is offline Moderator
    I don't know which DWT pin it was , but I'm sure Lou would be happy to sell you one....click on shop at the top of the page. remember a percentage of all sales goes to help the Dreamteam send a sick kid to WDW thru Make a wish

end of plug

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Tasha

Since you were kind enough to give it to a young child that asked for it (I have a soft spot for kids), email me your address and I'm sure i can find one of the few remaining pins I have left and sent it to you
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Tasha

Since you were kind enough to give it to a young child that asked for it (I have a soft spot for kids), email me your address and I'm sure i can find one of the few remaining pins I have left and sent it to you
    I figured you would say that.......but didn't want to offer it for you