Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Pin Trading Discuss BDK's Pin Picks of the Week!!! in the Disneyana forums; Here is a copy of her post Sorry Kyle, could not get the pictures to copy, but i did pick three of them HAPPIEST CELEBRATION ON EARTH - LIGHT-UP PIN ...
    BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Here is a copy of her post

Sorry Kyle, could not get the pictures to copy, but i did pick three of them

HAPPIEST CELEBRATION ON EARTH - LIGHT-UP PIN

Happiest Celebration On Earth - Light-Up Pin

Celebrate 50 Years of Disney Theme Park magic with this Open Edition Light-Up pin. The Fab Five is joining the fun of the Happiest Celebration On Earth in front of Cinderella Castle. Tinker Bell is sprinkling pixie dust as fireworks light up the sky. This pin features three lights that blink red, yellow and green. It also features an "On/Off" switch.

Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 04/01/05
    SKU: 10903854
    Retail Price: $15.00

***I like this pin because of the light up availability****

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HAPPIEST CELEBRATION ON EARTH - MICKEY MOUSE

Happiest Celebration On Earth - Mickey Mouse

Celebrate 50 Years of Disney Theme Park magic with this Open Edition Mickey Mouse pin. Mickey, a pin-on-pin, is dressed in a tuxedo and carrying a baton with a red ribbon. He is ready to celebrate the Happiest Celebration On Earth!

SKU: 10914446
    Retail Price: $8.95

***I like this pin because it features Mickey Mouse and the Happiest Celebration starting in May.***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISNEY'S BLIZZARD BEACH WATER PARK- 10TH ANNIVERSARY

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park- 10th Anniversary

This Limited Edition pin celebrates the 10th Anniversary of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park at Walt Disney World® Resort. This pin was designed by Disney Design Group artist Lin Shih.

Edition Size: 2000
    SKU: 10903886

***I like this pin because i really enjoy Blizzard Beach****

Pictures are available on www.officialpintrading.com

Edit: I, Kyle, just added the pics of the pins for you, Kellie. Enjoy all and we will be back next week!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    (Lou looks at watch... sees that it's time for another BDK pin pic!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sorry, Lou. Haven't been doing my job here lately. I promise to start back up though!!! I will have one out in just a few.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    This is a grrreat thread!!! First time I have seen it.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Picks for the week of Sept. 4th, 2005

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been updating this like I should, but Lou picked me a good time to start back! There are some great pins this week!!!!

So HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE we GO!!!!!

Pin Pick # 1

PLUTO'S 75TH ANNIVERSARY

Pluto's 75th Anniversary

Celebrate Pluto's 75th Anniversary with this Limited Edition pin. Pluto was created as an actual dog character, with no speaking voice. The dog who would eventually evolve into Pluto made his debut as a bloodhound in the Mickey Mouse cartoon, The Chain Gang, in 1930. Later that year he appeared as Minnie Mouse's dog, Rover, in The Picnic, and the following year finally became Mickey's dog Pluto in The Moose Hunt. In that cartoon, he spoke his only two words, "Kiss Me."

Pluto is a pin-on-pin and the pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Randy Noble.

Please contact Walt Disney World® Merchandise Guest Services at 407-363-6200 or via e-mail: wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com to check availability of ordering this pin. If sending an e-mail, please include "Attn: Pins/Kathy" in the subject line. All Limited Edition pins are available while supplies last, and may not be available via Walt Disney World® Mail Order at time of inquiry. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/05/05
    Edition Size: 2000
    SKU: 10925405
    Retail Price: $10.95

I really like this pin because of it edition size and because it is a pin celebrating a wonderful character in the Disney family. Cheers to Pluto!

Pin Pick # 2

CELEBRATING FIFTY YEARS - JUMBO PIN - EARS TO EPCOT®

Celebrating Fifty Years - Jumbo Pin - Ears To Epcot®

Inspired by artwork created by the Disney Design Group, this Jumbo pin is from a collection of 20 Jumbo pins. Each Jumbo pin celebrates 50 Years of Disney Theme Parks and is packaged in a box. An Artist Bio is also included with the pin.

Milla Chatman from Disney Design Group has titled this pin "Ears To Epcot®." The pin features a stylized Mickey Mouse Ear Hat with Spaceship Earth inspired "tile" artwork. The "Epcot" logo is a pin-on-pin; while the dangle reads "Est. 1982 Walt Disney World®." In one ear, Mickey Mouse silhouettes feature the country flags of World Showcase. The other ear features the original Future World logos for Epcot®.

Milla's bio reads:
    "The first time I came to Walt Disney World® at the age of five, I became a fan for life. After participating in the opening ceremonies for Epcot® as a high school student, I vowed I would work at Disney one day. Many years later, in 1995, I became a part of the magic and everyday I'm thrilled to work with all the creative people at the Disney Design Group. My inspiration for this hat came from my experiences during the opening of Epcot® and my continuing love of the theme park."

The pin will be released at the following locations:
    • Magic Kingdom® Park - Uptown Jewelers on Main Street, U.S.A.®
    • Epcot® - Pin Central
    • Disney-MGM Studios - Sorcerer's Hat
    • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Island Mercantile
    • Downtown Disney® Marketplace - Disney's Pin Traders
    Pins available while supplies last. Purchase limit of two pins, per Guest, per day.

This pin will not be available via Walt Disney World® Mail Order. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/05/05
    Edition Size: 750
    SKU: 10925298
    Retail Price: $25.00

I am in love with this pin because of its low edition size and the overall design of the pin. I love the old school symbols on the right ear too!

Pin Pick # 3

GRANDPARENTS DAY 2005 - CHIP AND DALE

Grandparents Day 2005 - Chip and Dale

Chip and Dale wish all Grandparents a "Happy Grandparents Day 2005" in this Limited Edition pin. Chip and Dale are pin-on-pin.

Please contact Walt Disney World® Merchandise Guest Services at 407-363-6200 or via e-mail: wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com to check availability of ordering this pin. If sending an e-mail, please include "Attn: Pins/Kathy" in the subject line. All Limited Edition pins are available while supplies last, and may not be available via Walt Disney World® Mail Order at time of inquiry. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/09/05
    Edition Size: 1500
    SKU: 10904256

I like this pin mostly because it celebrates the people that mean a lot in one's life. The edition size is awesome too!

Well, thats it for individual pins, but now I have a new accesory thats really cool!

ACCESSORY - MAGNETIC PIN BACKS

Accessory - Magnetic Pin Backs

Display any pin like a magnet with this bag of four magnetic pin backs. These backs feature one magnet per pin back and attach to the backs of pins like normal.

To order this item:
    • Contact Walt Disney World® Merchandise Guest Services at 407-363-6200 or send an e-mail: wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com to place an order.
    • If sending an e-mail, please write "Attn: Pins" in the subject line.
    • Please reference the SKU number(s), description of the pin(s) and quantity desired.
    • Open edition pins available for immediate order.
    • Applicable sales tax plus shipping and handling fees will apply.
    • All pins will be available while supplies last.
    • All sales are final - no refunds, no returns via Walt Disney World® Mail Order.
    Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/08/05
    SKU: 10023704
    Retail Price: $3.00

I can't wait to order a couple of packs of these. Can you say interchangeable fridge magnets. Get these and have a pin of the week for yourself! Switch 'em up once a week to showcase your fav pins to guests of your household!

One more thing. There are several more pins available this week. The next pin celebration starts on the 9th

Here is a link to see all of those pins and info about the celebration: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p.../event?id=5681

Thats it for this week! Hope you enjoy!!!!!

BDK

All info taken from http://www.odpt.com

See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    This is a grrreat thread!!! First time I have seen it.
    Glad you like it!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    love the magnet idea !!

got to get some of them

now I'll be loading them on the fridge

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    love the magnet idea !!

got to get some of them

now I'll be loading them on the fridge
    You don't even have to wait until the next time you go to WDW to get them. You can call the number above and order them!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Great job, Kyle!!! LOVE the magnetic pin backs!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Great job, Kyle!!! LOVE the magnetic pin backs!!!!
    I thought you would like them!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Hello all and welcome to another edition of BDK's Pin Picks of the week! Sorry this is late, but I have had a very busy week!

Pin Pick #1

PIECE OF DISNEY HISTORY - IT'S TOUGH TO BE A BUG® - HOPPER

Piece of Disney History - It's Tough To Be A Bug® - Hopper

Appearing in the It's Tough To Be A Bug® Attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Hopper is neither a friend to ants or humans. This Limited Edition pin contains a piece of Hopper's leg from the Audio-Animatronic® Figure used in the show. This 3-D attraction opened on April 22, 1998.

This is the ninth pin in this Piece of Disney History 2005 collection. The pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Mark Seppala. This pin will not be available via Walt Disney World® Mail Order.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/15/05
    Edition Size: 2500
    SKU: 10904193

I am a big fan of this series and just had to include this one!

Pin Pick #2

SURPRISE PIN - GOOFY - DUCK TAPE

Surprise Pin - Goofy - Duck Tape

Goofy is holding a roll of "Duck Tape" in this Limited Edition Surprise Pin. This pin is part of a two pin collection.

This pin will be released at M. Mouse Mercantile located at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. It will not be available via Mail Order. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/14/05
    Edition Size: 1000
    SKU: 10923369

I LOVE this pin. Mostly because its my fav character, but I also love how this is a surprise pin thats only released in one store, and the LE size is pretty low. Man I LOVE this pin!

Pin Pick #3

SURPRISE PIN - DONALD DUCK - DUCK TAPE

Surprise Pin - Donald Duck - Duck Tape

Donald Duck is wrapped up in "Duck Tape" in this limited edition pin. This pin is part of a two pin collection.

This pin will be released at Trader Jack's located at Disney's Polynesian Resort. It will not be available via Mail Order. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/14/05
    Edition Size: 1000
    SKU: 10923368

I had to add this one in too! I love all the stuff I said above, PLUS check out how you connect the two. I LOVE IT!!!

Pin Pick #4

AROUND OUR WORLD WITH MICKEY - EPCOT®

Around Our World With Mickey - Epcot®

In honor of the Happiest Celebration On Earth, the Walt Disney World® Pin Team is introducing a new collection featuring Mickey Mouse. Titled "Around Our World With Mickey," this 13-pin collection features Mickey Mouse dressed in attire reprsenting each of the Disney Destinations around the world.

This Limited Edition pin features Mickey Mouse at Epcot®. He is dressed as Dreamfinder and is holding Figment. This Disney Destination opened on October 1, 1982 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Richard Sznerch from Disney Design Group created the artwork for this pin.

This pin be released at the following locations:
    • Magic Kingdom® Park - Uptown Jewelers on Main Street, U.S.A.®
    • Epcot® - Pin Central
    • Disney-MGM Studios - Sorcerer's Hat
    • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Island Mercantile
    • Downtown Disney® Marketplace - Disney's Pin Traders
    Guests may also be interested in the original merchandise item that inspired this special pin collection. Also on September 17, 2005, a Limited Edition Mickey Mouse at Epcot® bean bag plush will be released. This plush measures 7" tall, has a special hang tag, and includes a gold foot patch of the "Around our World with Mickey" Logo. It will have an edition size of 2000 and will retail for $11.00 (plus tax). This Mickey Mouse plush will be released in the same locations listed above. Click on the image below to see this special item:

All pins and plush are available while supplies last. They will not be available via Walt Disney World® Mail Order. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 09/17/05
    Edition Size: 1500
    SKU: 10991705

I WANT THIS COLLECTION!!! I think that this is going to be one of the coolest collections that they have put out in years! I think its even better than the history pins! I also really like the lower cost of this LE. ITS THE SAME COST AS A NORMAL PIN, BUT ITS GOT A 1500 LE EDITION TO IT!!! That really low for how popular I think these pins will be. I really think that plush is cute too!

Well, thats it for this weeks pin picks! Hope you have a great rest of the week.

See you real soon!

BDK

See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

flutter is offline Moderator
    I want that plush !!! He is so cute. Kinda doubt he will still be around in Dec

How cool are those pin backs?!?! Must get some of those!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    AHHHHHH, MJ LOVES Tape, whenever we use her medical tape for anything she HAS to have a piece and She has a tape dispenser that dispenses tape with Disney characters.....she comes to me and says 'peeees' which means 'can I have a piece of tape mommy' hope we find those pins on a lanyard somewhere.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Yikes, Mickey with an amish beard freaks me out!!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast