Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Pin Trading Discuss BDK's Pin Picks of the Week!!! in the Disneyana forums; Thank you for the positive response DisneyDame and I plan on getting in touch with you about your upcoming auction at DisMeets. On to business: THE OLS TOP 5 PIN ...
    OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder

Wink

Thank you for the positive response DisneyDame and I plan on getting in touch with you about your upcoming auction at DisMeets.

On to business:

THE OLS TOP 5 PIN PICKS:

These pins will be released on or after Friday May 5th, 2006. Sorry if you can't arrange WDW Trip in such a short notice but open editions are available through mail order and there's always online secondhand sites for LE pins.

NUMBER FIVE:

The newest edition to the Dave Smith collection commemorating the top moments in Disney History. I have a few of these pins in my collection and am also a fan of his work as Disney Historian. I selected this pin for it's place in this series and the commemoration of the opening of MGM Studios. Release Date: 5/5/06 LE 2000

Number Four:

First Anniversary of Soarin' Pin

Selected because I love the addition of this ride to Epcot. While I was sad to see Food Rocks taken out Soarin' is an awesome experience. As of now there is a lack of Soarin' pins in my opinion and this is something to display your love of the ride. Release Date: 5/5/06 LE 2000

Number Three:

Hidden Mickey Collection: 6th Hole Magnolia Golf Course

Who doesn't love looking for Hidden Mickeys when they're around the parks. The 6th Hole of the Magnolia Golf Course features a sandtrap Mickey. A heads up for Haunted Mansion Fans the infamous banquet scene will be commemorated in this pin set. Release Date: 5/8/06 LE 2500.

Number Two:

I was really hoping I would get a chance to showcase this pin and now that I know I have at least one reader here we go:

Darth Tater:

Mr. Potato Head + Darth Vader = Darth Tater. This pin was included purely on humor value. Doesn't really highlight a known Disney character or attraction. Release Date 5/9/06 Open Edition

AND......................

NUMBER ONE:

Sorcerer Mickey Hinged Stained Glass

The outside is a wonderful rendition of the Sorcerer Mickey's hat in stained glass form. When unhinged you find a portrait of Sorcerer Mickey with the inscription Where magic lives Walt Disney World. There are many pins similar to this featuring Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Finding Nemo. Release Date 5/9/06 Open Edition

I hope you enjoy all these picks. Pictures courtesy of Disneypins.com, picks courtesy of OneLittleSpark and his imagination. Tune in next week for brand new and exciting picks. Remember LE pins can be purchased only at the theme parks while Open Editions are available over the mail service.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Those stained glass ones are really nice looking, and I just love Darth Tater! Glad they are both open editions - I might have a chance of picking one up next trip.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Darth Tater rules. I might have to pick that up on my trip in 2 weeks

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Another Week Passes By

Another week almost done and it's time once again for OLS's Top Five. I'm glad to see people enjoyed the stained glass and Darth Tater selections; hope I can pick some good ones again. Here we go:

NUMBER FIVE:

Pirates of the Caribben Pieces of History Pin

I hate to keep picking these Pieces of History Pins since they already have enough hype surrounding them but c'mon this is Pirates. Who doesn't love Pirates?
    Release Date : 5/17/06
    LE: 2500

NUMBER FOUR:

Fifteenth Anniversary of Port Orleans

I love the Port Orleans Hotel and I know a lot of people out there can't pony up the money for the Deluxe Hotels. This led me to stay here a bunch of times and I absolutely loved it everytime I was there. From the food court to the Fantasia statues throughout and the sea serpent slide; it's a great hotel.

Release Date: 5/17/06
    LE: 1500

NUMBER THREE:

Welcome aboard. This is Captain REX from the ****pit. I know this is probably your first flight and it's mine too. Ha ha. Well it looks like we'll have a smooth flight to Endor. Classic ride and a pin to commemorate it. Another plus is that this is an open edition pin.

Release Date: 5/15/06
    OPEN EDITION

NUMBER TWO:

it's a small world 40th Anniversary

I had to include a Disneyland pin in here because it's themed around it's a small world. You know the ride, you know the song, but can you really believe it's 40 years old.

Release Date: 5/14/06 DisneyLand
    LE: 1500

NUMBER ONE

Chip and Dale Memorial Day 2006

In honor of the upcoming holiday and all past and present soldiers this week's number one pick is reserved for a Memorial Day pin dedicated to this holiday. It has a star spangled background and is fashioned in the style of a metal. Also available in a Stitch version.

Release Date: 5/15/06
    LE: 2500

All pictures are property of Disneypins.com and all picks are my own intellectual property and is strictly protected. Hope you enjoy.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Love the Star Tours pin!

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    good job once again, OLS!
    The Pirate's pin - does that pirates' face look weird or what????
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

New Picks

Time for another set of picks for all you pin traders out there. Fresh of the heels of a trip to WDW where I added a few pieces to my collection I present the newest Top 5:

5:

Disney/Pixar Cars Countdown - Ready

Commemorating the first movie in the gigantic merger of two animation superpowers. From the trailer the graphics look stunning and the movie seems to have the winning formula of a great story for the kids and jokes added for the benefits of adults.

Release Date: 6-5-06
    LE : 1000

4:

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

One of my favorite rides in WDW and the MK. I like the overall design of the pin, real colorful like the ride. Also a fan of the dangle feature.

Release Date: 6/6/06
    Open Edition

3:

Mickey Mouse Logo - Dragons

I like pins that have the Disney connection while being composed of something outside the company. I picked the stained glass earlier and continue the trend with the dragon ears.

Release Date 6/6/06
    Open Edition

2:

Hidden Mickey Collection - Center of the Resort

A little known spot is commemorated in this edition of the Hidden Mickey Collection. I have to admit to not knowing about it myself. Right behind the Fountain of Nations is the exact center of the Walt Disney World.

Release Date 6/8/06
    LE 2500

1:

Mount Mousemore

Featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy, the Mount Mousemore pin commemorates the four icons of the Disney World.

Release Date: 6/6/06
    Open Edition

All pictures are the property of Disneypins.com. All open edition pins are available through mail order. Hope you enjoyed the selection; be back soon with another Top 5.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234