Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Pin Trading Discuss BDK's Pin Picks of the Week!!! in the Disneyana forums; Okay...I will add my pin picks of the week to this thread. The two or three pins that I pick will be coming out that week, and will also be ...
    BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator

BDK's Pin Picks of the Week!!!

Okay...I will add my pin picks of the week to this thread. The two or three pins that I pick will be coming out that week, and will also be a pin that is realeased at WDW. I won't pick any auction pins or DL pins.

Hope you Enjoy this thread!!!!!

Pins of the Week for 9/7/05-9/11/05

Pin #1

DISNEY'S VISA PIN - PRINCESS FLOWERS

Disney's Visa Pin - Princess Flowers

This Open Edition Pin is exclusive for Disney Visa Card holders only. It features Cinderella, Princess Aurora and Snow White on a beautiful backer card.

To purchase this pin, Guests must present valid Bank One Co-Branded Disney Visa Card.

This pin is available while supplies last. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World
    Released: 02/11/05
    SKU: 10914310
    Retail Price: $6.50

I really like this pin because it is a Visa cardmembers only pin. I just applied for my visa card so I hope to be getting this pin for my g-friend ASAP!!!!!

Pin #2

SURPRISE PIN - GOOFY PLAYING CARD

Surprise Pin - Goofy Playing Card

This Limited Edition surprise pin features Goofy on the face of the Joker playing card.

This pin will be released at World of Disney® at Downtown Disney® Marketplace. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World
    Released: 02/09/05
    Edition Size: 1000
    SKU: 10913764
    Retail Price: $8.50

I really like this pin because I am such a Goofy nut, also I almost let it slip by me without noticing it!!!!

Thats all the pins for this week, tune in next week to find out the best of the best pins coming to WDW!!!!!

Note: All pins pics and descriptions from odpt.com
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like that goofy pin! we should all chip in and get it for Lou since he is really into poker and cards, right?

Talking BDK's Pin Picks of the Week for 2-13-2005 to 2-19-2005

Alright guys..here is my pin picks for this week!!!!!

Pin Pick # 1
    VALENTINE'S DAY 2005 - TINKER BELL

Valentine's Day 2005 - Tinker Bell

This Limited Edition pin-on-pin with glitter features Tinker Bell popping through the center of a heart and features a pin-on-pin at the top of the pin which reads "Happy Valentine's Day". This pin celebrates Valentine's Day 2005 at Walt Disney World® Resort. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World
    Released: 02/14/05
    Edition Size: 3000
    SKU: 10903717
    Retail Price: $10.50

The main reason why I picked this pin is because of V-Day, and I really like Tink, at least better than I like the other V-day ones!!!!!

Pin Pick # 2
    PASSHOLDER EXCLUSIVE - MAGIC KINGDOM 2005

Passholder Exclusive - Magic Kingdom 2005

This Limited Edition Annual Passholder Exclusive pin features Stitch surrounding the castle. The center of the pin contains a capsule containing silver stars. This pin reads "Passholder Exclusive Magic Kingdom®". Martha Widener from Disney Design Group created the artwork for this pin.

To purchase this pin, Annual Passholders must present valid Walt Disney World Annual Passholder ID. Pins available while supplies last.

This pin will be released at the following locations:
    • Magic Kingdom® Park - Town Square Exposition Hall
    • Disney-MGM Studios - Sorcerer's Hat
    • Epcot® - Pin Central
    • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Island Mercantile
    • Downtown Disney® Marketplace - Disney's Pin Traders
    Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World
    Released: 02/15/05
    Edition Size: 7500
    SKU: 10913765
    Retail Price: $10.50

i had to pick this pin because I am a passholder! I also picked it because I like the bubble in it with the star confetti. Stitch is expendable on this one though. I just don't like how he has taken over WDW right now!!!

Pin Pick # 3

PIECE OF DISNEY HISTORY - TOWER OF TERROR

Piece of Disney History - Tower of Terror

Standing at 199 feet, the Twilight Zone (TM) Tower of Terror is an incredible attraction. This decaying Hollywood hotel is located on Sunset Boulevard at the Disney-MGM Studios. Since its opening on July 22, 1994, the Hotel has seen quite a few Guests drop in.

Take a piece of Disney History home with this Limited Edition pin. The pin features Bellhop Goofy standing next to an open elevator shaft. Inside the shaft, there is a piece of actual elevator cable from the attraction.

This pin will be released at Disney's Pin Traders at Downtown Disney® Marketplace. There will be 500 of these pins available on February 15, 2005. Please check back for additional release locations and dates.

Below you will find images from the creation of this pin. This is the second pin in this collection.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World
    Released: 02/15/05
    Edition Size: 2500
    SKU: 10903752
    Retail Price: $12.50

And last but not least I picked this pin. I picked it because I really like the whole Own a Piece of WDW pin set. I already have the 20k and my CM friend will be picking this one up for me soon!!!!!

Okay, Thats it for this week! tune in next week for another exciting BDK's Pin Picks of the Week!!!!!

Note: You ARE allowed to reply to this thread and voice your opinion of my pin picks. If you have any questions or comments please PM me!!!!!

Last edited by BigDaddyKyle; 02-13-2005 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a note
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Arrow pin picks for the week of 2-20-2005

Hi all...Hope you have had a great weekend! There is not much pin action going on at WDW this week, but I have a couple of pins that really like to show you.

So lets get on with the show!

Pin Pick #1.

PRESIDENT'S DAY 2005

President's Day 2005

This Limited Edition pin with dangle features Mickey Mouse and Goofy as former Presidents and celebrates President's Day 2005. The dangle reads "Presidents Day 2005 Walt Disney World®". Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 02/21/05
    SKU: 10903731
    Retail Price: $10.95

I really like this pin mostly cause of the dangle feature. You don't see this feature come out often anymore because they had a problem with people complaining that the part that dangled broke off too easily. hopefully they have fixed this problem and we will see more pins like this in the future!

Pin Pick #2.

FEATURED ARTIST COLLECTION 2005 - DAWN OCKSTADT - MUPPET LABS FINEST

Featured Artist Collection 2005 - Dawn Ockstadt - MUPPET LABS Finest

This Limited Edition Jumbo-sized pin-on-pin is part of the 2005 Featured Artist collection. Beaker's head slides up and down. Dawn Ockstadt from Disney Design Group calls this pin MUPPET LABS Finest.

This pin measures approximately 3" x 3" and includes the "Feature Artist" logo and Artist's signature back stamped. The pin is packaged in a beautiful display box and includes the Artist's bio and photograph.

This pin will be released at the Art of Disney locations and Disney's Pin Traders at the Downtown Disney® Marketplace.

Dawn Ockstadt's bio reads: "In 1994, my Husband and I left the cold winters of Michigan for a sunny future at Walt Disney World®. While my original dream was to work within Feature Animation, fate led me next door, literally, to the amazingly creative Disney Design Group as an Associate Production Artist. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 02/23/05
    Edition Size: 750
    SKU: 10915140
    Retail Price: $25.00

I really, really like this pin because of the different features that it has. This is a pin-on-pin-on-pin, with beakers head that goes up and down. This pin is pretty high priced, but it is worth it because of the LE sixe and detail that is included into the artwork.

Thats it for this week. Hope everyone has a great week ahead of time! Have fun with your pins, and I'll see you at Disney World!!!

Note: You ARE allowed to reply on this thread and express your opinion on my pin picks of the week.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Arrow BDK's Pin Picks of the Week for 2-27-2005

Hi all! Hope you had a wonderful week and weekend! I went to a pin from last week in this update just so you know. It was another one of the card series ones that are a surprise pin.

Okay...Lets get to it!

Pin Pick #1

SURPRISE PIN - MINNIE MOUSE PLAYING CARD

Surprise Pin - Minnie Mouse Playing Card

This Limited Edition surprise pin features Minnie Mouse on the face of the Queen of Diamonds playing card. This pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Alex Sanso.

This pin will be released at Disney's Pop Century Resort on Saturday, February 26, 2005. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 02/26/05
    Edition Size: 1000
    SKU: 10913763
    Retail Price: $8.50

This is the surprise pin I am talking about. I really enjoy this pin because of the surprise factor and the low edition size of it. I wish I could get one of these pins!!!

Pin Pick #2

BOWLING MICKEY

Bowling Mickey

This Open Edition pin features Mickey Mouse enjoying a game of bowling. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices.</FONT> Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 02/28/05
    SKU: 10903676
    Retail Price: $8.95

I really like this pin because I love to bowl. I also like it because it is an open edition pin. My only problem is the cost. This is just a regular character pin that should be 6.50, but it is not. Could this be a forcast of what is to come??? You decide.

Welp, Thats it for this week! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Tune in NEXT week for another exciting edition of BDK's Pin Picks of the Week!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I liike what I'm seeing here BDK. Once the college thing is done, I think I'll start a collection of my own.

Thats good to here, Jarod. Just be sure to start off easy. Pick a particular character or type of pin to start off with, otherwise you get too intranced in it and will spend all of your money on pins while at WDW!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Arrow BDK's Pin Picks of the Week for 3-6-2005

Hi all! Sorry I am a day late with this one, but I was pretty busy yeterday, and wasn't able to find time to do it. Alright, Here we go!!!

Pin Pick #1-

2005 SORCERER MICKEY WITH CASTLE

2005 Sorcerer Mickey with Castle

This Open Edition pin-on-pin features Sorcerer Mickey standing in front of Cinderella's Castle. The pin reads "2005 Walt Disney World®". Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 03/10/05
    SKU: 10903683

I really like the Mickey on this pin! And its open edition so I will get to purchase it ewhen I am down in May!!!

Pin Pick #2-

EVERYTHING'S GREEN COLLECTION - GOOFY

Everything's Green Collection - Goofy

This Limited Edition pin features a green Goofy and celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2005 at the Walt Disney World® Resort. The pin reads "Everything's Green On St. Paddy's Day 2005 Walt Disney World®". This pin is part of the Everything's Green Collection of pins. This pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Mark Seppala.

This pin will be released at Magic Kingdom® Park. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices.</FONT> Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 03/10/05
    Edition Size: 1500
    SKU: 10916178

I am a Goofy fan so I just had to pick this one!

Pin Pick #3-

EASTER 2005 JUMBO PIN - BAMBI

Easter 2005 Jumbo Pin - Bambi

This Limited Edition Jumbo pin-on-pin features Bambi, Thumper and Flower standing in a bed of flowers. The top of the pin reads "Happy Easter 2005" and the bottom reads "Walt Disney World®". This pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Michelle Morrow.

This pin will be released at the following locations:
    • Downtown Disney® Marketplace - Disney's Pin Traders
    • Magic Kingdom® Park - Town Square Exposition Hall
    • Epcot® - Pin Central
    • Disney-MGM Studios - Sorcerer's Hat Shop
    • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Island Mercantile

Special Disney Design Group Artist Signing:

Michelle Morrow will be signing her Easter Jumbo pin on Friday, March 11 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The signing will take place at Disney's Pin Traders in the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. All Guests are invited to attend. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices.</FONT> Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 03/11/05
    Edition Size: 750
    SKU: 10903767
    Retail Price: $25.00

I really enjoy this pin, especially because of the signing and the Jumbo edition.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Price Increase!

Yes, you might have noticed that all park pins, DLR and WDW, have went up in price an additional 45 cents! The pin list prices are now $8.95, $10.95 or $12.95.
    Another nail in the coffin for pin collectors!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Don't they think that kids like to collect pins also and can't afford higher prices

All disney thinks about nowadays is dollars and cents. I wish they would go back to the days of cheap admission prices so that a normal, working class family can go to a Disney theme park, buy some souviniers (spl.), ride some rides, and stay in one of their results, and not feel like they had to break the bank to go.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Arrow BDK's Pin Picks of the Week for 3-13-2005

Hi all! Hope you had a wonderful week. Mine has kinda stunk because I had my wisdom teeth cut out on Weds., but I feel pretty good now and I just ate a full meal for the first time today. Anyways, enough about me. I really enjoyed checking out the pin section of disney.com today because there are a LOT of awesome pins coming out at WDW this week. I bumped my pin picks up to 4 today because I just couldn't narrow it down anymore. Have fun with this!

Pin Pick #1-

PIECE OF DISNEY HISTORY - MUPPET*VISION 3-D

Piece of Disney History - Muppet*Vision 3-D

Take a piece of Disney History home with this Limited Edition pin. This pin contains instructions on how to operate your 3-D glasses and features Kermit the Frog leaning on a pair of 3-D glasses. The pin contains an actual piece of the frames from the 3-D glasses used at the Muppet*Vision 3-D attraction. This attraction opened on May 16, 1991, and is located in The Backlot at Disney-MGM Studios.

This is the third pin in this Piece of Disney History collection. The pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Mark Seppala.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 03/15/05
    Edition Size: 2500
    SKU: 10915858
    Retail Price: $12.95

I really like this pin mostly because it is part of the attractions series, and I REALLY like this set. What I don't like about this pin is that they chose the 3d glasses as the piece. I thought they could have picked something better and harder to aquire than that. Looks they could have did a piece of the penguins or something.

Pin Pick #2-

THE FOUR SEASONS COLLECTION - SPRING '05

The Four Seasons Collection - Spring '05

Celebrate Spring in 2005 with this Open Edition pin. Mickey and Minnie are enjoying a beautiful spring day. Both of them are pin-on-pin.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 03/15/05
    SKU: 10914619

I really like the pin on pin action thast has gone onto this pin. I also really like the bluebird on it too!

Pin Pick #3-

ST. PATRICK'S DAY 2005 - 50 DAYS TO GO!

St. Patrick's Day 2005 - 50 Days to Go!

This Limited Edition pin features Donald Duck dressed in green. He is celebrating St. Patrick's Day and only 50 days to go.

This pin will be released at Disney's Pin Traders at the Downtown Disney® Marketplace.

Released: 03/17/05
    Edition Size: 1200
    SKU: 10903567

I really enjoy this pin because of the 50 days to go mark. Most normal people wouldn't know what it meant, but I do! Do you?

Pin Pick #4-

ST. PATRICK'S DAY 2005 - CHIP 'N' DALE

St. Patrick's Day 2005 - Chip 'n' Dale

This Limited Edition pin-on-pin features Chip and Dale searching for that lucky four leaf clover and celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2005 at the Walt Disney World® Resort. This pin was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Jeff Ebersohl. Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices. Available at: Walt Disney World® Resort
    Released: 03/17/05
    SKU: 10915877
    Retail Price: $10.95

I really enjoy this pin because it is 1 of the three LE's for St Patty's Day! I also really like to see chip and Dale on a pin. You just don't see them on LE pins as much as you used to!

I hope everyone has a great week, and remember to keep trading those pins!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

little yankee is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello--I love pin trading I was just wondering if you had any pictures of the new lanyard pins...?
    Little Yankee

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 9, 2005 4:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to Disney</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'yankees are better!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

I am glad that you like, and I will try to find some pics for ya soon, but I am really busy right now.

Sorry that i haven't update this, but if anyone wants to take this thread over for the next couple of weeks it would really help me out. I have been SO busy with school and work that my head is just spinning around and around!

Any takers?
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Check out this thread for Kellie's pin pick of the week! I will have pic up for her soon!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=1957
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast