Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pin Trading Discuss Favorite pins.... in the Disneyana forums; Hi Pin Traders! I am admittedly not a big pin person. We did get a few at the end of our 2001 trip as mementos of that trip. Characters, attractions ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Question Favorite pins....

Hi Pin Traders!

I am admittedly not a big pin person.

We did get a few at the end of our 2001 trip as mementos of that trip. Characters, attractions and park icons all tied to that trip.

My question is....

What types of pins do you collect?

Do you have a "theme"?

Is it different each trip?

What is your Favorite Character on a pin?

Just curious....

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I uually collect the LE, and some of the character pins that I really like!!!! I don't go with a theme, but if you are just starting it is a good idea to start with one...It keeps you focused!!! of all the character pins I have, I collect Goofy pins the most!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I only collect pins. By picking only one thing to collect, it keeps me from spending too much. And I love collecting the auction pins with Stitch dressed as other movies (i.e. I have one of Stitch dressed as a Mushroom from Fantasia).
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-10-2005 at 03:04 PM.

flutter is offline Moderator
    I am also not a pin person but we did pick up a few in Dec......DWT pins are my favorite....oh sorry got stuck in **** up mood there for a minute...
    anyway, really the pins we picked up were Annual passholders pins for the most part, other than that just whatever caught my eye.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I was/am not a "Pin Guy", but knew I'd gfet ****ed in sooner or later....

ON my last trip, I bought pins from my favorite attractions (HM, Pirates, etc), as well as characters (Peter Pan, Aladdin, Tink for DW), some occasion pins (Anniversary, Marion's first trip), and a few others. Next thing you know, I got a lanyard and the rest is history.

The only pins I've seen that I'd LOVE to get are the ABCD and E tickets ones from WDW. VERY cool!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

JackSkellington is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have to say I am a big PT. I was more into it like an addict a few months ago. My favorite theme by far is Nightmare Before Christmas. I have like 64 pins and am currently adding to the collection. About 30 of them are LE pins, and I have a few 1500 LE's one 1000, and one 500. The rest are kinda hig level LE pins. I have both WWII sets from the Disneydirect.com website, which sold out. And Jack Skellington is my fav character on a pin.
    'Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas and all through the house,
    not a creature was peaceful,
    not even a mouse,
    The stockings all hung by the chimney with care,
    When opened that morning would cause such a scare,
    The children, nestled all snug in their beds,
    would have nightmares of monsters and skeleton heads.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    lou, if I'm not mistaken, then the ticket pins are CM traders so they are really hard to get. I wish I had the Goofy E-Ticket!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    What types of pins do you collect? Mickey Mouse and holiday pins

Do you have a "theme"? no just anything disney like the fab five

Is it different each trip? usually depending which pin strikes my attention

What is your Favorite Character on a pin? Mickey Mouse where its just his head

JackSkellington is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    lou, if I'm not mistaken, then the ticket pins are CM traders so they are really hard to get. I wish I had the Goofy E-Ticket!!!!!
    Its true they are rare but not impossible, in fact online you can find and purchase them. Not at a cheap price mind you but not too steep also.
    'Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas and all through the house,
    not a creature was peaceful,
    not even a mouse,
    The stockings all hung by the chimney with care,
    When opened that morning would cause such a scare,
    The children, nestled all snug in their beds,
    would have nightmares of monsters and skeleton heads.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well I finally figured out what my favorite Disney pin. I am not a collector and most of our pins were "gifts" from Disney or because we participated in a tour/event or something.

In the wake of the horrific events of September 11, 2001, DVC mailed out pins to members in remembrance of the event. It's basically a Mickey head shaped pin with the American flag design. I like it because it has the correct number of red and white stripes and on the back is this "Disney Vacation Club In Remembrance September 11, 2001."

To see what I am talking about, please visit Pin Pics website:
    http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?p...544.1119485486
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    That is very cool Manda...I have seen it on Ebay and put a pic of it in a booklet I made for my 2 yr old but never thot to count the stripes and stars...neat

Ya still sure you dont want to rent her-I'll even throw in the booklet.....lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    We weren't going to do pins at all, couldn't afford it.....bu then guests and CM's gave MJ some, now she has a big collection (including an earring from one CM who didn't have a pin) Her pins are displayed on her wheelchair with locking backs, we NEVER trade pins that are given to her, there is a story behind each and every one (and I can tell them all) Andrew has one given to him by a CM and all my pins (except one from Lou, one from a CM and one from a Board member) have been given to me by Andrew....so I guess we are pin collectors, not traders....we rarely buy them....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

disneygirl417 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I collect mostly Haunted Mansion and Sleeping Beauty pins. But I also have a bunch of others from events, and random characters. My Mom, on the other hand, collects strickly LE Snow White pins.
    disneygirl417

"I only hope that we never loose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

HM Fans ROCK

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile Pins, Pins, so little money!!!

I am Hooked!! I love them for remembering past trips. I buy whatever catches my eye. For the most part I collect Sorcerer Mickey and Mickey with Walt pins. I have a huge shadow box filled with pins. Fact I have asked DH to build me another as I am planning another trip next August and know there will be LOTS more to put in one!!
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mostly princesses..esp. Belle and . I also have 2 stitch pins, heck...I have a bit of everything. Next time I am starting a ride lanyard. My favorite princess one is...I don't know , I like them all. My favorite Stitch is the one where he is holding a frog...his face made me cry.I also love my Cinderlla abd Prince Charming pin fron "The Kiss" series.
    Last edited by Princess Sarah; 07-31-2005 at 03:48 PM.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast