Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss wholesale pin lots in the Disneyana forums; Were is the best place to buy pin lots....
    WFD
    WFD is offline A-Ticket holder

wholesale pin lots

Were is the best place to buy pin lots.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ebay always has tons of pin lots posted. They are usually categorized in some way like all Cast Member pins or all Mickey or something like that. Other times they are just a completely random lot of traders.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I looked at the sales on eBay. I know to look for the Disney trademark, but should I worry about the backs? They have on there that some are metal, some are rubber, and another said some are the rubber Mickey ears. Should I buy a lanyard online, or are the ones at Disney too cute to pass up?
    Oh, the decisions!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well you can always go pinpics.com (I think it is) to verify if it's a valid Disney pin but don't let the backing worry you too much. For years Disney has used the rubber Mickey heads as the backing but I have some pins from the 80s that had the normal little round metal backing. I've even seen some with just a plain black rubber backing (round).

As for a lanyard... I own one but don't use it. I don't buy pins to trade, I collect. So, instead of putting them on my lanyard I put them in my pin trading case that I purchased and had embroidered with my name. There are TONS of cute lanyards at Disney though if the trading game is what you're interested in. Many come with starter sets of pins. Of course buying them online is cheaper but not near as much fun as pin shopping while on property. I usually drop a couple hundred bucks on each trip just on pins. My husband can't stand it but I consider it an investment.

Either way, if you're collecting or trading, it's so much fun!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    My husband can't stand it but I consider it an investment.

Either way, if you're collecting or trading, it's so much fun!!

Ha! Ha! Mine will die, too! From Webkins to pin trading/collecting! Heeeeyyyy . . . . do they make a Disney version of Webkins????
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

fantasyland is offline where everyone is happy no matter what their name is
    I love trading pins. It is very fun. That is my favorite thing to buy at Disney World. When I go to flea markets or stores like that I always see if they have pins. I actually found two pins at one of these stores. I was so excited.
    I wish I was at Disney World. It is the best place ever

I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Be careful about buying pins on Ebay. Some of them (esp. the ones in bulk) are rip-offs of original pins. I fell victim to this before I went to DW this past December. Any one who is selling pins 200+ at a time are most likely counterfit pins.
    minniesmh