Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you Trade Pins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Pin Trading Discuss Poll: Yes or No - Do you trade Pins? in the Disneyana forums; I don't trade pins...but I might if I see one that I like! I'm looking for a Happiest Celebration on Earth pin....
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I don't trade pins...but I might if I see one that I like! I'm looking for a Happiest Celebration on Earth pin.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have to admit that trading pins has an appeal to me, but there's a part of me that feels a little geekish about it. I just need to get over it. Actually, my obsession with Disney theme parks is a little geekish anyway, so why worry about it.

What do you suggest to get started?
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    No, but my son wants to so maybe next year i'll buy him a starter set
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

disneyfan1329 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ive been to disney 9 times and i have so many pins ive ran out of room on my laynard

Come and see my VMK central podcast:
    http://vmkcentral.mypodcast.com/

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not a collector or trader, but I have bought probably two dozen or so pins that I have liked or that I wanted to have for a memento.

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm a pin trader and am active on both PinPics and DizPins.

*Brian*

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I collect Imagineering pins. I had to decide to stick with that one area because there are so many cute ones online, I'd go crazy and buy them all. Occasionally, I see one that's not Imagineer, but is a good deal, so I get it to trade with later. My favorites are the magic makers pins with the disney characters acting as Imagineers! There's one that I have with the Mad Hatter holding plans to Space Mountain, but their upside-down. I'm easily amused.

Does anyone recommend a reasonably priced way of keeping my pins nice and accessible, like a book or something?

Oh and I want to give a free plug to the Ebay Pin Seller I always buy from. He's great and deserves some free advertisement: http://myworld.ebay.com/gyantzpod.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    As of right now i do not pintrade but i am seriously thinking about getting into it.

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am a huge pin collector and I am trying to finish off collecting the statesI have one posted in my pictures of what state pins I have.I am willing to trade for them pay for them what ever it maybe.If you are looking for a certain type of pin and I will up date when I go to the magic kingdom since i am a passholder we go alot and I will pick up any you need as long as anyone wants to trade or pay for it.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

Lil Magic's Mom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well my dd and I are just now getting into trading and collecting pins. We will maybe buy one each time we go and trade it until we run across one that we want to keep, (which aint very long) I had to buy me a lanyard so I keep the ones we are not trading and she keeps the ones we are trading. We want to start going to the trading show they hold once a month. But anywho, its just all together fun for us.

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    my brother and i used to just collect pins but now we trade and here is our secret...... we go to a disney chracter shop before our trip and but pins that are on sale and if we really like them we buy doubles and then we bring the doubles on our trip and trade with CMs that way they arnt hard to part with because you have them at home and CMs always have the best pins!!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

FLuTE_DiSnEy_28 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I <3 collecting pins more than trading. I have only traded 2 pins, but i have 29! Not really many compared 2 other avid traders or collecters, but some of them r from other Disney areas such as Disney World and Disneyland because they don't have the official stamp on the back o well! O sorry i 4got hi! I am new here! This is my 1st post besides my thread i started!
    All it takes is a little Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i clicked yea because i would forsure trade!! but i only have like 4-5 and i have never been asked to trade.. and it might have something to do with this will be my first trip to the world with pins
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love pin trading. In the past I've bought pins on ebay in lots. I'd buy 10 of the same pin at $2 per pin and then take them with me for trading. I'd trade and trade with every cast member I see and eventually I'd come across a pin that was a "keeper" and I wouldn't trade it anymore. Those are on my bulliten board in the office and I have some great ones there. At least great to me. I don't trade for value but for what I like.
    Hypermommy

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We trade!! We got bit by the trading bug last year on our trip. We would just buy the cutie character sets and trade those away for other ones we liked and then bought a few that we wanted as special mementos of the trip.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast