Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you Trade Pins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Pin Trading Discuss Poll: Yes or No - Do you trade Pins? in the Disneyana forums; I do collect pins but I don't trade because I buy the pins I want and if I see a pin on another person I ask them where they bought ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I do collect pins but I don't trade because I buy the pins I want and if I see a pin on another person I ask them where they bought it so I can go get one. But my lanyard is really full and so is my dads so I might start putting them on my Disney Cruise line lanyard then buy a DWT lanyard so other people can know that Im a DWT member. Im gonna get one before I go next year but Im trying to save money for my beach trip so when I get back Im buying one for sure.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Sorry, I never really got into that.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

Chickapin Chick is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have not traded pins yet, but my husband and I do plan on introducing our sons to pin trading when we go to Disney World in Sept. 2008. We have a pin or two each from our last couple of trips to Disney. I have bought some other pins off the internet and some from the Disney Store. We also have 2 Disney World Trivia yellow lanyards from when I went to see Lou speak at a bookstore here in South Jersey. My plan is to give the boys (who will be 5 and 6 years old) the lanyards with 2 or 3 pins on them the first day we get to WDW and introduce them to pin trading. Then, every morning of our vacation, "Tinkerbell" is going to leave them each a new pin for their lanyards under their pillows! By the end of the trip, they should be well stocked and well versed in basic pin trading. I'm just hoping they enjoy it enough to continue it every time we go back to Disney, which is only every 2-3 years. I figure if we start them early it will become a tradition they can enjoy for a long time!
    "The future is coming, you've got to catch it if you can..."

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I used to but it just got to expensive. On occasion I'll buy one if i just "have to have it". Also there are just so many! Does anyone know how many different pins Disney has made?
    Last edited by mattj4226; 09-07-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: I left something out.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i just buy them im too attached to trade... anyone know where to get alice in wonderland ones??? i have some but i want all of them

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I get most of all my pins in the Magic Kingdom over in Frontierland at the pin shop there. They most likely have some alice in wonderland pins there.

I ordered my DWT lanyard yesterday so I will have it for next year and some new pins. I ran out of space for them on my current lanyard.
    Last edited by lilo88; 09-26-2007 at 03:34 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

StitchGal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a cast member pin! I looked at the back and it said Cast lanyard series! and it had a Minnie on it and said Television!
    Four Parks, One Dream

That's pretty cool.
    there's nothing to get hung about

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We got into trading on our trip this Feb/March. We all had a lanyard except my DH and a few pins to trade. I bought the baby a pin 2007 to keep, but my 3yr old had her own to trade and she loved it as much as the older three (12,10 and 7) and believe me, by the end of the holiday all they were doin was trading, looking for hidden mickey or limited edition pins! I didnt really trade as I was too busy keeping up with what the kids were doin! But our holiday was extra special as we won the YOAMD pins and lanyards set! All seven of us! So now even my DH has a pin set!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    On my last trip I bought a Tinker Bell pin but not until I came back from trip did I find out about pin trading thanks to DWT. Next trip I am planning to buy a yanyard and start trading.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I started pin trading two trips ago, and I love it. Admittedly, I buy my pins from Ebay because they're so much cheaper there. I get them from a really nice guy named LazerRanger. (There's more to his name than that). He has a store called Pins, Pins, and More Pins.

Actually, I had one of my favorite cast member encounters of all time because of pin trading. (I was 24 at the time, and the cast member was probably the same age.) The cast member whose lanyard I wanted to look at was working at a DVC pavilion. He was talking to another guest, so I just hovered nearby, waiting to see if it looked like they would be finished soon. They were, so I walked toward the guy. He said "Hi!", and I said, "Hi! I'm just looking at your lanyard." He said, "Oh, ok. I was wondering if you wanted to pin trade or if you were just checking me out!" Oh, I laughed at that for a while...

Lol!

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    I'm too goal oriented. I understand and love the way pin trading acts as a catalyst to meet new Disney friends. (It works much like alcohol, but in a Disney friendly way.)
    But if I wanted to be a collector, not just buy the special ones that I want, then my goal would be to try and collect them all. Disney has wisely made this nearly impossible since you'd have to go to all he parks, the Cruises, all Special events etc. and only the world's richest man has that kind of time and money. I know someone is out there right now trying to collect the most pins and to him/her I say 'good luck'. In a short amount of time Disney has released over 10,000 different pins, releasing new ones ALL THE TIME.

I'm happy with the few pins I have, and do not wish to trade them. As for Disney Friends...I'm happy being in the company of all of you.

I am too goal oriented too but that's a good thing!

ozzietropics is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The only time I've ever traded a pin was when I got a double of my 'Donald's Friend' pin from the VMK set. I traded that pin for what I found out recently was a CM opening day Fantasmic! pin. So I'm not a 'trader' but I'm not a hoarder.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast