Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss They've Run Out of New Pin Ideas in the Disneyana forums; This is Bobby Pinback, a pin based on the rubber backings found on pins....
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

They've Run Out of New Pin Ideas

This is Bobby Pinback, a pin based on the rubber backings found on pins.
    Dreams Never Die!

Disneyboy75 is offline A-Ticket holder
    They did not really run out of ideas. I think they needed a mascot for pins.

The name is the worst macot name ever.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ok.... I think that it is now time to retire the pins. When the best idea you can come up with is a pin back, it's time to close up shop.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    People will buy it nonetheless...I saw a woman buy over $300 worth of pins last July.
    I think the obsessive-compulsives are the best pin buying customers with their "Must have them all!!!" mentality.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    People will buy it nonetheless...I saw a woman buy over $300 worth of pins last July.
    I think the obsessive-compulsives are the best pin buying customers with their "Must have them all!!!" mentality.
    More power to those who have to have them all. They keep Disney in the black for mechandising so the rest of us don't have to spend as much money.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    More power to those who have to have them all. They keep Disney in the black for mechandising so the rest of us don't have to spend as much money.
    Yeah, that's what they'll do...they'll keep the prices down. Just like they do for admission, food, souvenirs, etc. Thank goodness for those who spend like drunken sailors!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Those are very good points that I have never thought of before. I hereby recind my opinion of these people...
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: They've Run Out of New Pin Ideas

ok... i don't like the whole pin mascot idea very much, I mean, We have mickey, what other mascot could compare to him?

But, I really don't think pins should be retired, and I don't think there's anything wrong with spending $300 on pins. I've bought $300 worth of pins at once. You're being rather easy to judge people. Maybe she's been saving, or she wasn't buying them all for herself. There are plenty of pin ideas left, and I hope they never stop pin trading, it is such a great way of getting little souvenirs. There are so many great pins, it's not like they will care if not 1 person buys this pin.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I think it is cute. The name is a little stupid. I really do not think they are running out of ideas.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

I don't see anything wrong with the name. I think it suits him very well. After all, he IS a "pin back".

But I will agree that they are not running out of ideas.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

italianfouette is offline A-Ticket holder

This "bobby pinback" is interesting lol. I mean yeah i get the idea, but idk, it seems kind of boring. I don't think that they are running out of ideas necessarily.