Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss How do you display your pins? in the Disneyana forums; I am going next year and know that I will go a bit pin mad, but I would like a nice way to display them, like in a frame. I ...
    Kairi is offline A-Ticket holder

How do you display your pins?

I am going next year and know that I will go a bit pin mad, but I would like a nice way to display them, like in a frame. I was wondering how you all did this and does disney supply things to display them on?

Also, what is a good number to limit myself to buying pin wise? lol

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    limiting the number of pins can be tricky, we only bought pins that had a reason to be bought, eg, one for splash mtn, coz it was the 1st ride we did, one for the Contemorary coz we stayed there etc. Having said that we still bought over 75!! But i cant give any advice on displaying them, my man & 2 kids seem to think leaving them all over the house for me to pick up is the best idea!!!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Gosh I didn't think anyone would be online! Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Hehe, too bad about scattered pins! I would just love for them to be the main attraction in my room.

I will only be wanting one of my favourite characters and favourite rides, and possibly a big collection of Stitch pins! I just hope my family don't think I am strange for spending so much on pins, a craze that they are unfamilar with.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I'm from bedfordshire in the UK, where are you?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Birmingham Am curious how many English are on these boards.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Most of my pins are in shaddow boxes with/without glass. I don't ususally buy pins unless it's for a special occassion such as when we got to ride Buzz Lightyear over and over....or the 15 year pin that I bought in DLP last Easter. Fiona has me beat on reasons to buy a pin, however.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    One of the easiest ways I've found to display pins and to also sort of limit what pins to collect is to use 12" x 12" frames with designed scrapbook paper.
    For example, this pair of frames was a set April & I made for the Dream Team Auction at MagicMeets last July.

All I did was take the glass out of the frames, and replace it with a cork tile covered with a piece of scrapbooking paper. The pins just push right into it.
    Because of the background, you'd be more or less limited to collecting character pins.

Here's another set, from the 2007 Auction:

This one used paper that I believe was purchased at WDW, although you could also use one of the custom Park Maps that you can order from Disneyworld.com, to collect pins featuring the attractions.

Of course, if you don't want to limit yourself to a single theme, you can use any Disney paper as the background. I have one frame that has striped paper with Mickey in the corner that holds the random pins I've picked up this year. It's almost full.... time to start thinking of more ideas

If you want to keep your pins under glass, you can use the shadowbox-type frames or a display frame. Or these are some collage frames that I did a few years ago:

The collage mat is raised up a bit by using foam sticky tape, scraps of paper were glued to the cardboard behind them, and the pins are just pushed through the cardboard back and secured with their pin backs. The corners were accented with some Mickey-head brads.

Hope that gives you some ideas!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the collage frame idea!! I too have pins that I LOVE but they are still sitting in a box because I wasn't sure what to do with them.
    Thanks for posting the pics!!
    DTSZ

Wow, those look amazing! I am definitely inspired! i hope that mine turn out half as good as those.

Can I ask where you got those shadowbox frames from?
    Last edited by Kairi; 09-18-2008 at 01:11 PM.

arfischer is offline A-Ticket holder

Eeyore Pins

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    I am going next year and know that I will go a bit pin mad, but I would like a nice way to display them, like in a frame. I was wondering how you all did this and does disney supply things to display them on?

Also, what is a good number to limit myself to buying pin wise? lol
    I am an Eeyore collector. Coming to college for my second year I wanted to showcase my Disney collection in a different way. I got 4 x 6 shadow boxes. Covered the background in fabric. Glued the fabric down and then pinned my pins. I only brought 5 pins to school. I have two boxes with 2 pins and one with a larger pin in the middle. At home I have a bigger frame with 15 pins. They look really great and are fun to make. Could definitely be a bonding experience. I have the pictures but can't figure out how to post them.
    Last edited by arfischer; 09-18-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    Everyone Neat and Pretty?
    Now on with the Show!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I love the collage. We have been keeping ours on our lanyards and it gets so heavy! I'm going to check it out and try a collage too!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    Wow, those look amazing! I am definitely inspired! i hope that mine turn out half as good as those.

Can I ask where you got those shadowbox frames from?
    Thank you! I got all the frames at A.C. Moore.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page