Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pin Trading Discuss Displaying Pins in the Disneyana forums; Does anyone have a creative way to display their pins at home (you know, the ones you want to keep, not to trade, or when you're not trading them)?...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Displaying Pins

Does anyone have a creative way to display their pins at home (you know, the ones you want to keep, not to trade, or when you're not trading them)?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I bought frames with a cardboard back and stuck a colored piece of paper to it and then pushed the pins into the cardboard.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    A large bulletin board made of cork. Take the mouse ears backs off of your pins and then just push them in! Just be sure to place the backs in a safe place because those backs can get expensive just buying replacments.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    We use an artists canvas. At home we lean it against a shelf and at the parks we attach it to MJ's wheelchair.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I use a shadow box frame, got some stereo speaker cover material and covered some foam. Stick the pins into the black covered foam and then put into the shadow box frame. If I think about it, I will take a picture of my Hard Rock pins that I did like this.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Wow! Great ideas everyone!

When we were at Allentown, John Rick of Central Jersey Pin Collectors Society showed some samples of framed pins, that really inspired me.

These are simple wooden collage frames that I got from A.C. Moore for about $8 each. I used foam tape to increase the space between the matte and the backing, and colored scrapbooking papers behind the pins. The perfect finishing touch was the Mickey head eyelets in the corners of the matte (thanks to stitch & goofygirl for the help!).

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6038&password=0&sort=1&cat=500 &page=1
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6039&password=0&sort=1&size=me dium&cat=500&page=1

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6040&password=0&sort=1&size=me dium&cat=500&page=1
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 07-05-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: fixing links
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    They are really cool looking displays

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I usually put the few pins I own (20K, Submarine Voyage (DL), Jungle and Mansion) on my Jansport's straps while in the parks, but they just lie on a chest of drawers inbetween visits.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Those are some cool ideas thanks for the suggestions
    MelinaR..

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    very nice Pat

good ideas

thanks

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Pat - You did a great job. Glad we had those eyelets since they really are a nice addition to the displays.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I got this "giant" pin from the 2005 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. They sold it in this wooden case. The pin is attached to a piece of carstock made to look like wood. The door to the case, which you can barely see has a glass window to help protect the pin. The case itself is about 1 1/2 inches deep which is a bit of wasted space. You can buy things like this at Joann, Michaels, or any craft store.

Stitch is always trying to take it.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I also have used shadow boxes! It looks really awesome that way, nice way to display.

Also I just fill up my lanyards, I have a princess plague that hangs on the wall with three hooks and I have one lanyard on each hook hanging. It's cute.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:30 PM.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    oh wow, I love all of you ideas. Very neat and creative... I will have to start pin collecting....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast