Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss What happened to Pins at the Disney Store? in the Disneyana forums; I was thinking about this when I made a blog post on my blog thefourparksandmore.blogspot.com . What do you guys think happened?...
    penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

What happened to Pins at the Disney Store?

I was thinking about this when I made a blog post on my blog thefourparksandmore.blogspot.com. What do you guys think happened?

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: What happened to Pins at the Disney Store?

The better question would be, what happened to The Disney Store?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

They never really recovered from their short-lived ownership by Children's Place. After the collapse of that deal, their product lines never really picked up again. Every time I go in, I see piles of garbage that would never have made it, though someone in Development and Marketing felt it was a good idea to create. If you ever see something you want, just wait a while and you'll probably find it on the clearance shelves soon enough. Collectibles seemed to go by the wayside, and now it's just basic generic garbage.

And while we're on the subject, what ever happened to their HUGE announcement that they were going to be making their stores interactive and magical to visit? That kinda went away, too. I miss the NYC World of Disney store. The shop that they put up in Times Square is NOT worth the visit. Two floors of nothingness. Plus superheroes and NYC-themed tourist garb. Whatever.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We never had a Disney Store near us. I guess it made those trips to World of Disney once a year that much more fun.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

I haven't seen pins in the Disney Store for years now!!

They just started carrying Vinaylmations a few months ago...but I miss the pins!

Ya, some stores are not doing as good as others and need a toal rehaul with everything. Other stores are doing ok...

The only one I have near me with the new magical stuff is the one in downtown Chicago on State st.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

They've remodeled some of the stores in the Mid-Atlantic area and they look very nice, but they still haven't gone back to the old stock. Not much for adults (one CM said that it doesn't sell well!?!?) and NO pins! We've asked about it and the CMs told us that we 'guests' need to contact Disney and complain. They said that Disney will listen to us before they will listen to the CMs. So if you want pins, email and call in complaints. If enough people do it, they may bring them back. I would love to be able to get pins in the stores again.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

The Disney Store at the outlet mall north of here gets clearanced pins in from DLR all the time.
    And, although I wish I could comment further on MANY other things mentioned/discussed here, that is all...
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    They've remodeled some of the stores in the Mid-Atlantic area and they look very nice, but they still haven't gone back to the old stock. Not much for adults (one CM said that it doesn't sell well!?!?) and NO pins! We've asked about it and the CMs told us that we 'guests' need to contact Disney and complain. They said that Disney will listen to us before they will listen to the CMs. So if you want pins, email and call in complaints. If enough people do it, they may bring them back. I would love to be able to get pins in the stores again.
    And you are right as is the CM. Never gave that a thought. You can rehab the walls and floors of a store all you want, but if there is nothing of value in them, why bother going in?

Dear Mr. Staggs, want an announcement for the next D23, Disney is bringing back the Disney Stores throughout the country back to the status of Yesteryear with watches, books, collectibles, my beloved antenna topper, etc.

Don't sell???Like they have tried since they bought it back from
    Children's Place.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    Eh, it's cheaper for me if they DON'T carry the old stuff.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Twice now I have asked in a store about trading pins, but they had none (I figured it was worth a try as the stores were in two different states). They said that you had to go online. When I mentioned that online you have to pay shipping costs for light weight little pins at a rate high enough to buy a couple more pins, the CM's gave me a ticket with a code for free shipping off of my order. If you want to get pins online and have a store near you, ask about a free shipping 'promo code offer'. Good luck!
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

I remember a time when there was free shipping on pins on Mondays, I believe. Haven't been back on the pin site in forever, so I don't know if that is still the case.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

The Disney Stores now are all terrible. They used to have great shirts, collectibles, and pins. My collection would be triple the size if the Disney store near my town was still operating... The only good Disney store now is Disney's Character Premiere Shop at the Sawgrass Mills in Florida. They get shipments of older park merchandise and sell it for cheap
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

They have a similar shop at the Orlando Premium Outlet. My wife goes shopping to every other store, I check that one out and then walk slowly until I catch up with her