Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss flying with disney pins in the Disneyana forums; does anyone know if there are restrictions as to taking pins (disney pins) in carry on baggage when flying? I will be flying from Atlanta to Orlando next weekend and ...
    Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder

flying with disney pins

does anyone know if there are restrictions as to taking pins (disney pins) in carry on baggage when flying? I will be flying from Atlanta to Orlando next weekend and I wasn't sure if I could take my pins along as we are only doing carry-on.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    If you couldn't I would think that was extremely ridiculous, but you never know these days.
    I guess I would call the airline and find out first to be safe.
    I've only ever carried pins in my suitcase.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Carried the in my carry on and nothing was ever mentioned

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    thanks guys
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    pins shouldnt be a problem because i walked right on the plane with my pins on and no one said anything. the only place you would have to take your pins off is through security(duh)
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I was just going to say that. I am sure there are several people who wear pins right on their jacket, shirt, etc. So in a carry on bag should be fine.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..

Smile

I have been trading pins since 2000 and travelling back and forth to WDW from NY - and I have never had a problem with carrying my rather large and heavy pin bags on the plane. Just be sure you give yourself plenty of extra time to get through security. They sometimes like to look through the bags a bit closely.

If you are travelling with many high value pins - you can request a private screening.

I usually just tell the x-ray operator that my bag is full of metal lapel pins, and only every so often do they actually open the bags to check.

You should be fine - just give yourself that little bit of extra time!!!

Happy Trading!!
    Joanne
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!