Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss Buying from Ebay, What to watch for in the Disneyana forums; Anyone have any buying tips for ebay. Are there such a thing as fake pins? What type of markings should a Disney Trading Pin have? Any other tips would be ...
    MrBear is offline C-Ticket Holder

Buying from Ebay, What to watch for

Anyone have any buying tips for ebay. Are there such a thing as fake pins? What type of markings should a Disney Trading Pin have? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    All Disney pins have the Disney stamp on the back of them

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There are many "fake" pins, which are commonly called "bootlegs". In some instances they are reproductions of actual Disney pins (right down to a copyright) and in other cases they are pins made with Disney Characters (even a copyright) that were not made by Disney.

And the newest thing is "scrappers". These are pins coming out of the orient that are made from the original dies (ocassionaly rejects) that sometimes surface before Disney even releases the pin.

For more information or to ask detailed questions try these sites:

www.pinpics.com
    www.dizpins.com
    Aimee

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Great explaination Aimee (and nice to see you here as well as Dizpins )
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

KatieNana is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What are good sites to go to for buying Disney pins?

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    I've been lurking around this site for a while and finally got around to registering and posting. I've bought a few pins off of ebay since I live so far from Florida, I can refer you to a few people I added to my favorite sellers list. They haven't tried to pass off any fakes so I do repeat business with them. PM me if you want their information and I can pull it up for you.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark
    I've been lurking around this site for a while and finally got around to registering and posting. I've bought a few pins off of ebay since I live so far from Florida, I can refer you to a few people I added to my favorite sellers list. They haven't tried to pass off any fakes so I do repeat business with them. PM me if you want their information and I can pull it up for you.

same goes for me.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    What exactly are those funny looking, embossed "Spanish" pins?? They aren't tradeable, are they?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Kellybean is offline A-Ticket holder
    The pins from spain are called Sedesma pins. The quality is not as good as most Disney pins. While for the most part these pins are not popular among traders, Sedesma tends to make obscure characters in obscure poses. That makes them desirable among the "completists collectors" and people who just like the different pose or character. So they are kind of a mixed bag.
    Some cast members will accept a Sedesma pin in trade but others won't. It just depends on the cast member.

Unfortunately things are getting to the point, where it's hard to say for sure a pin is authentic unles you bought it from the mouse itself. Even trading off a cast member lanyard is risky as many cast members aren't as knowledgeable about pins as others.

My best advice is trade and buy what you like! Then you will never be dissappointed
    ~Kelly

Some Days Look Better Upside Down

gypsy_dancer is offline As far as I'm concerned, you needn't worry about your old heel
    I don't need you to shelter and protect me
    i've looking on ebay for pins for my collection and i dnt know how to tell if there bootlegged or not?
    "We're pals, right?"
    "Right"
    "And we'll always be together, right?"
    Vmk name : Acevitani

" I'm gonna be a mighty king"
    So enemies beware!